Maternal & Child Community
Rash under Breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Rash under Breast

I have had this rash under my breast for over a week now. I tried using some no scented soap and drying the area well. I tried a ph balanced soap that didn't work. I even tried using medicated powder and A&D ointment and to no avail. It itches terribly and now the skin is raised like a heat rash. I do have big breasts and don't know what else to do. I am trying to exhaust the home remedies before I actually go to the doctor. Any suggestions what this may be or what I can use?
i have tripple e breast it because it get so moist under ther, try powder regular old baby powder, and wear a bra as little as possable, wash under there regularly
i have same problem--it usually clears up within a week or two using medicated powder--a few times it got so bad i went ahead and applied anti-fungal cream--check with pharmacist on which would be safe to useif pregnant)--when i was pregnant i got a fungal infection on my inside upper thigh they couldn't give me pills but said to just apply over the counter fungal cream. you just need to make sure once it clears up to keep clean and dry and use powder daily to keep sweating to a minumum.
Thanks, I will stick with the powder then, as I speak it is itching the mess out of me.
your post doesnt mention if you are pg or not, if you are and yuour twins are getting bigger, it might be because of your bra getting tight.  if that is the case, try to go natural for a few days then move up a size.  that should work.
I as also thinking yeast infection... lovely place to have one, huh? LOL.. try the creams that come with yeast infection kits- the cream for the "external use". Keep it as dry as possible. I even had to put dry washclothes tucked under my bra to absorb the moisture.
It could also be a yeast infection.........
Try the med-help search. They have a lot of different info on skin. Might help- I would recommend powder too. Could also be a bacterial infection-Good luck Did you try the white diaper rash cream? I actually like the walmart brand. It works great!!!
Just talked to a friend that I knew struggles with this... If the yeast infection cream doesn't work, try Tinactin. This is anti-fungal ointment - like someone mentioned earlier (used by men for jock itch).
There is a simple, natural remedy that not only heals rashes, perspiration and odor but prevents it from coming back.  Simply cut strips from a 100% cotton t-shirt and tuck underneath your breasts; then wear your bra (or a sleep bra at night) as usual.  The natural cotton fabric wicks away any moisture that accumulates thus preventing bacteria from forming and causing the rash.  I suffered terribly with yeast infectious rashes (the odor was terrible and embarrassing!) but after wearing a cotton strip under my breasts the rash healed overnight.  If you're interested and don't feel like messing with cutting up strips, please visit my website at www.****.com to purchase my 100% cotton pads.  They work.  
I just posted about breast pads on my website and gave the wrong site, sorry!  It's www.****.com.

:)