Maternal & Child Community
**SATURDAY'S OPEN FORUM**

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

**SATURDAY'S OPEN FORUM**

Hey girls!  Hope everyone has a happy Saturday!  So far, so good with me...I know it's still really early in my pregnancy, but I have such a peace about this one.  Please continue to pray for me.  Thanks to all of you for your genuine concern and kind words of encouragement.

I got one of those Clearblue Digital tests yesterday, just for the heck of it, and it said "PREGNANT" after only 15 seconds!  It was so exciting to see that word flash before my eyes.  The coolest thing of all is that AF is still not due until Tuesday and all the tests I've taken are SO POSITIVE!!!!  I hope that's a good thing.

ANYWAY, I hope everyone has a great weekend!  :)
Hey There.
            Well im glad to hear theres been no more bleeding.. please take it easy.. thats what ive been doing.. LOL.. BEING LAZY LAZY.. ive had bad morning sickness.. more like all day sickness... YUCK!! its worth it though.. Im in week 7.. only a few more week to go and maybe it will be gone **Crosses fingers**
anyways.. keep me updated.. Ill be praying for you and your peanut!! have a good day!

~*Chloe*~
Sounds like a very good sign.  Hope everything goes smoothly!
I posted this on yesterday's open forum real late last night... no one replied so I figured I'd try again today.

I'm giving Robitussin a try this month!
Ok, can someone please fill me in on the Robitussin rule? I went and bought some today (just regular Robitussin "Guaifenesin Syrup") but I don't know how much and how often? Also I think I remember you all saying to take it 5 days prior to ovulation and on the first day of o.. but since AF stopped by so late this month, I don't know when I will O. Would it hurt to begin taking it tomorrow and just take it EVERYDAY? I hope to avoid the robitussin addiction (LOL) and I really don't want to harm anything by taking it longer than I am supposed to... Thanks in advance!!

LeAnne
Any word on msklar?

After the first 24 hours of my C-section when the morphine wore off, I've been trying to get buy on over the counter pain medication.  Last night and this morning the pain really got the best of me.  I think I'm trying to do too much.  I've been getting up on my own during the night because I hate waking DH when he has got to go to work.  This morning I decided he is just going to have to get up.  He is willing to, it is me that wants to do it on my own.  I've been sleeping on the recliner in the baby's room so he doesn't even hear us get up.  

The nurses acted as if I were ridiculous for wanting to stay off the narcotics, but when I told my doctor that is what I wanted to do he said it was great if I could do it.  Wouldn't percocet make me more prone to postpardum depression?

I think if you follow the directions on the Robitussin bottle, then you'll be fine.  I have tried the Robitussin in the past and it's actually worked for me twice, unfortunately, I miscarried early on.  I took it for about a week three times a day.  I don't think you'll develop an addiction to Guaifenisen.  Try it, I think it definitely won't keep you from getting pregnant.
Well, the only trick that I used that I think works for me is that we had sex "doggie style" and then I laid flat on my stomach for at least 30 minutes, then I'd turn over on my back.  I have a tilted uterus and supposedly it's easier for the sperm to reach the opening of my cervix if I lay on my stomach.  We also had sex almost everyday from the end of my period until I found out I was pregnant.  I think it helps to keep an "arsenal" of sperm waiting for that egg to be released.  I think the Robitussin is good if you have a problem with cervical mucus.  I didn't use it this month and I still got pregnant.  Man, I can give all kinds of advice on how to GET pregnant....I just wish I could give advice on how to STAY pregnant.  Hopefully this time it will stick.  

Happy Early Birthday!  You're going to be 22?  I was 22 when my son was born...I'll be 33 this year.  We waited quite a while to have another child, huh?  

Good luck and don't give up.  You're so young...you'll be pregnant before you know it.  It's still highly possible that you are this month.  ALOT of women have all the signs that AF is coming and AF never comes.  Let me know what happens. : )
Forgot to ask you something Silo,

My AF is due on Tuesday too (well, monday OR Tuesday).  MY LMP was Jan. 1st.  I'm really hoping I'm pregnant, but have NO symptoms yet, so I think I'll be getting AF any day now.  

I wanted to ask you if you have any symptoms already?  Did you test early cuz you started getting pregnant symptoms?  I'm just wondering if its' still possible that i could be preggo without any symptoms prior to missed period.  Oh man, who am I kidding, I need to stop doing this to myself.  I'm just going to give my hopes up.  Okay- bye-bye now. ;o-
I posted about this a while ago, but I thought it might bring you even more peace in this pregnancy.  The earlier you get a positive=the earlier you implanted.  According to a research study that was on webmd, the earlier you implant, the less likely you are to miscarry.  If you implant by 9 days post ovul., you have a good chance of not miscarrying, and every day beyond that the chances of miscarriage increase.  So since you got a + very early in your cycle, that means your chances of miscarriage are very low, lower than many other pregnant women.  I tested early too, and this info. was very calming to me.  Smile and enjoy your pregnancy.
StephW:  The only reason I tested early was that I KNOW I ovulated very early this month (about 5 or 6 days earlier than normal).  I really had no symptoms at the beginning of this past week, when I got my first +.  I've had funny little twinges way down low, and lots of CM.  Last night, I felt a little queasy when I was laying on the couch watching tv, and this morning I had been watching a movie, I stood up too fast and felt like I was going to pass out.  BUT, alot of women don't have a single symptom for a week or so after they've missed their periods.  Don't give up hope.  Have you tested yet?  I can't remember if you said you did or not?

KCK:  Thank you SO MUCH, for the words of encouragement. I have never read that or heard that, but I only assumed that it would be better, the earlier you implant.  Thanks so much for making me feel better.
No I haven't tested yet, really only because I feel AF coming. My lower back hurts and I'm getting cramps and bloated.  I'm 99% sure its coming ;o( but that's okay, I've got next month.  If I don't get my AF in next couple of days, I have an u/s Feb. 3 (about my cyst) so if I was pregnant they'd be able to see something, right?  My b-day is Feb. 5th (22), I was really hoping I'd get that +++, it'd be the BEST b-day present EVER!

Okay, so I ask Chloe this, and so now I'm going to ask you.  Want were some things/tricks you did that may have helped you conceive?  I'm just trying to find new ways to help increase my chances.  -Thanks and again CONGRATS! stay positive and take it easy.
Hey Chole and Silo- good to hear things are going well.

Chole- have you made your first u/s appt. to hear heartbeat?
Silo- I know its too early for you, but just wanted to see if you've done the same.  Praying for you both and everyone else.....keep us posted. ;o)

also, about the robitussin thing, if you're not sure when you'll O this month, I'd say maybe start taking at CD9-10 and continue thru CD20 or until you KNOW you've O'd.  Good Luck!
hi everyone i am new here so please bear with me....i have tried to post a reply on a nother forum but it says it is closed, so have posted it else where I hope you guys wont mind me postin here....I am getting desperate to hear from anyone that has gone through what I am but with hopefull results.please read on and maybe you will be able to help me.....I shall leave the name of the person I orrig' replied to in hope she does reply back as I wo;d like to know how she is (Sally)
regards all from michelle in UK
...Sally my heart goes out to you, and I am waiting to hear how the scan went, please let us know or contact me direct ***@**** (due to virus going about please put what the email is about as i wont open) ok, I feel for you all, and some have given me hope as well as Sally. Last Wednesday (today is Saturday) becuse I had been getting pains i was given an U/S I at the time was 8.3days. I got told to empty my bladder and then had to have an inernal scan, the 2 women were talking amonst themselves, saying how big it was, I thought oh wow I got my dates wrong, but one of them turnd to me and said I am so sorry dear I cannot see anything! Stund shocked i broke down in tears, asking what do you mean? Im not pregnant? what? she said the sac is the right size for 8wks, but cannot find anything else, i was promtly sent to another department,where I was told that the baby must have stopped growing as they cannot find anything or heartbeat which is rare for a 8wk scan, I have been given the options to either go in for a DNC, or come home and "wait" I choose the latter one, and I am still "waiting" its now Saturday and I guess there is truth in the old saying "seeing is believing" because as each day pases and I have no pain/ bleed, I am convincing myself that they have got it wrong!! What do I do if nothing happens? I stopped taking folic accid the day after,now after reading your storys i wish I hadnt! If anyone would like to contact me via email please do, I am so confused and getting far to hopefull, and my partner is worried about me...
The best of luck to you all, and Sally I hope all is ok for you :-)
Michelle :-)I am getting desperate to hear from anyone that has gone through what I am but with hopefull results.please read on and maybe you will be able to help me.....I shall leave the name of the person I orrig' replied to in hope she does reply back as I wo;d like to know how she is (Sally)
regards all from michelle in UK