Maternal & Child Community
Sex after D&C
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sex after D&C

I just want to ask if this is ok?, I had D & C done on the March .22 and the doctor told us to wait for 2 weeks to have sex, but it happened faster. It was only a week and 2 days. Is this is okay? Did anybody do that faster then doctor tells???
Related Discussions
13 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I had a partial dnc and our doctor advised us to wait to concieve (conceive) to mourn the loss of the baby but other than that he didn't say no sex. Within a couple of days we had decided to ttc and resumed sex and it did me no harm. As long as it was not painful and felt right then I don't think it should be a problem.
Blank
Thank you, it is helpfull to know.
Blank
My husband and I waited about 1 week after the D&C.  It didn't seem to cause any problems.
Blank
194033_tn?1230787005
Well my DH and I only waited 1 week after my D & C. All went well with us, but i also almost no bleeding at all.
Blank
178239_tn?1277409091
My dr said wait until follow up to be sure cervix was closed. It was and she said was ok for sex then. That was a week after d&c. If cervix is still open can get an infection.
Blank
174515_tn?1191710869
my doctor advised me to wait two full weeks as it takes that long for the cervix to completely close. the reason for no sex is you can introduce foreign substances into there and get a life and/or fertility threatening infection. that being said i had no problem waiting two weeks.
Blank
i had d&c ocotber 16 and after a week, my husband and i ahd sex without using condom. am i at risk of getting pregnant again?or am i safe because ovulation starts 2 weeks after d&c or miscarriages..we are not able to get pregnant if we're not ovulating, right?
Blank
well, i had an uncompleted dnc and had to go for a second procedure after 6days and had sex two days later.
we had been off for well over a month cos i started spotting abt 3weeks before the first procedure.
it was my first pregnancy and praying that the second try would be a success.
Blank
Hi my name is Adrianna I went vacation to cancun for my 21st bday and a day after that I had to get a d&c prodecure. I cant stop thinking about it i was suppose to be 17 weeks but the baby's heart beat stop at 14 weeks. They induced my labor and I had a d&c procedure right after. He was a little boy. we waited 5 days and then had sex. Has anyone done that or had it sooner? The doctor said we had 2 weeks but I just couldnt  seemed to wait it help with the mourning process. I was to send out my thoughts and prayers to those who all have been through this difficult procedure. May our little ones rest in peace.
Blank
1194973_tn?1385507504
They tell you that because you have a high chance of causing an infection. Try to hold out. It's only two weeks, and I'm sure it would be harder on you guys if you had to go back into the hospital for something silly like an infection that could have been prevented.
Blank
1483220_tn?1288811313
I had just DandC one week ago...My doctor didnt say anything about when to have sex after that...so we are not sure...because just a few days I didnt feel any pain, I think that we are ready...But I am scared to get infection, so probably we gonna wait for few more days...
I am still could believe whats happen...I was crying when I sow my collegues little boy...its was hard...
Blank
1716293_tn?1309468950
Sorry this is long
Well, too be honest it seemed hard grieving after my MC&being around my fiancé without sex..so bout 5 days after my d&c we had sex..I bled alittle so then the next day there was no bleeding on the 7th day I bled again. And I just took the ibuprofen for cramps instead of my lortabs&im thinking that's another reason for bleeding again&because my body. So this morning I had a couple small clots but no cramps...so I believe its just the whole process of the lining, timing, and how careful yu are when doing it..if it hurts me I stop, or if I feel uncomfortable. If anything major yes calling yer gyno would be a good idea I think :) &yes adrixherz may em Rest peacefully we'll be with them in time<3
Blank
1716293_tn?1309468950
Btw we've been using condoms just to be on the safe side until my check up.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...