Shopping with an infant
I have the Chicco infant car seat which I love, BUT it does not attach to a shopping cart.  For all you seasoned mothers out there, help a newbee out.  What is the best way to go grocery shopping when you don't have an infant car seat that attaches to the shopping cart?  What did people do before these?

Thanks, Hannah
Gee, are you sure? I don't know, I have a Graco and it seems sometimes as though it wont fit but really does? Hmm, tough one.
it will fit in the basket portion of the cart but then there isn't any room for groceries.  i haven't tried to seat it up on top but i'm sure it doesn't have the slit that attaches to the cart like others do. there is nothing in the manual about attaching to a cart and when i googled it i found reviews that also said it doesn't attach to shopping carts.

does yours actually attach or do you just sit it up there?
How about this?

http://premiercarts.com/images/New/SS_SafeSeatPlus.JPG

From premiercarts dot com
My son's seat fit in most carts, but he was almost laying flat on his back, which he hated.  Plus, something just doesn't seem completely safe about that whole system!  I always put him in the basket portion of the cart.  Yes, it makes shopping a challenge, and sometimes he ended up with a loaf of bread laying across his feet, but we managed to make it work :)
Mine has like 2 slit/hooks like but they don't really attach. They just kind of sit there and hold the carrier in place.  I actually put it in the buggy before I knew how to use it! Sure cuts down on groceries that's for sure :)  I'm going to have to check out what peek sent you...
while mine will fit it says to not put it up on a cart.  i still do but i know that at walmart it can come off if you go over a bump (almost a bad situation).  i bought a hotsling at target the other day and it works great for shopping.  take a pic of the back and put it on your profile so we can see.  i know mine has a red hook that clips on the basket.  
Pertykitty - I haven't heard of a hotsling?  What is it and where do you get one?  

Someone had given me on of those baby carriers that looks like a backpack but you wear it on the front. I ended up using that and it worked pretty good but I could not bend over very far.  Jacob slept the whole time so it made it easy.  I could see where it would get more difficult the bigger he gets so I'm still open to any suggestions. It was also a huge pain getting the thing on, with him in it, by myself, in the backseat of my car.  
1). You can use a sling. Just put it on and then place baby in it.
2). Or some stores have a special shopping cart that you can strap the infant seat onto. 3). Then some other stores have those built on infant seats that you could use (I always wipe them down with disinfecting wipes and then put a blanket over it and just work the straps around the blanket).

If you don't have a ton of groceries to get, then put the infant carrier in the basket and pile stuff around him (looks comical but you have to do what you have to do!). Just think, next time around you'll probably have a toddler AND an infant carrier to wrestle with (story of my life last year!!!).
We used to have a car seat like that, a Peg Perego, but switched when she was like 4 months old.  However, we never once brought her out in it.  We figured she spent enough time in it, so whenever we go out, we use some kind of sling.  There are  lots of different kinds.  For little babes, a hotsling or a ring sling are wonderful, also a moby wrap.  My little girl is a chunk, so we use a Mei Tei, which is wonderful.  They are so wonderful, my dd usually goes right to sleep, and if she doens't she is just content the whole time.  Good luck.