Maternal & Child Community
Showing with 2nd baby?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Showing with 2nd baby?

I am pregnant with my second child and don't seem like I am growing as much as I should.  I am 15 weeks and can still wear almost all of my clothes.  My pants are getting a little tight, but I just feel like I am bloated and don't look pregnant at all.  I thought I was supposed to show sooner this time.  I was in maternity clothes at 16 weeks with my son.  My breasts have grown a lot and I think I feel flutters, but I am just concerned that I am not growing enough.  Is anyone else pregnant with their second and not growing very fast?
I am 17 weeks with second baby and everyone says they cant even tell I am pregnant.  Although I have gained 7 pounds. I feel just bigger all over, but if I lay down I can see a bump.  I think you are fine. I would rather look more pregnant, less fat, but we will be there soon enough. I am wearing regular shirts, but maternity pants because I feel bloated and reg pants are too tight although small maternity pants are too big.  Anyways I think you are ok. Enjoy wearing reg clothes as long as you can!
my sister is having her second baby.  She is about 26 weeks and it took a while to show.  She really started to show around 20 weeks.  I think it was becasue she was already tall and thin, as well as having a job that involves a lot of running around. So I would think that this would be a nice feeling, being pregnant and not having to wear maternity clothes.  Good luck to the both of you.
I had always heard how much sooner you show with your second baby, but it did not hold true for me.  I showed at the same time, if not a tad later, with this pg compared to my first.  I think it just depends on your body type.
Your fine.  I didn't show with my daughter till about 25 weeks.  Noone even could tell really till I hit six months.  I gained only 25 pounds with her, and at the time I was 17.  Now I'm 23w and showing like crazy and gained mad weight.  I guess it is different for each preg.
I hear ya! I am 15w3d and I am barely showing, either. I am wearing small maternity pants, but it's really hard to keep them up. I have one pair that has buttons on the side with elastic slots to make them tighter. I do have a little bump and can feel my uterus shape for the most part, but it is still below my belly button, where it seems to have been for about 3 weeks now! I keep waiting for a growth spurt but so far, nothing. Of course, then I worry. I have no felt flutters or kicks yet, either and this is my fifth pregnancy! I felt it sooner with my girls-around 14 weeks, but this is a boy. Maybe he is being lazy (:
I forgot to mention that I have not had any weight gain yet, either. I guess I shouldn't complain, but it makes me worry.
I haven't gained any weight either.  In fact, I lost 5 pounds in the first 10 weeks because I was so sick.  I know I should be thankful for not gaining yet but I don't think I can feel my uterus either.  I don't really know what to feel for and my DH says he can feel where my stomach gets harder, but I don't know.  Oh well, I guess it is just one more thing for me to worry about!  I am trying to stop but it is hard!
Whew, it is nice to hear that there are others out their not showing or gaining much weight. I am 17wks and 4days and can still wear my regular clothes, a few higher waisted pants that I wear to work are starting to feel a little snug but a part of me hopes I can get through another month in most of my regular clothes. I live in Pennsylvania and Spring will be around the corner, so I would rather be buying Spring and Summer maternity clothes. Oh this is my first pregnancy and so far I gained around 4 pounds, and yes I do the pregnancy comparison with a friend of mine who is due three weeks before me and has gained over 15 pounds. I just have to keep telling myself that everybody is different. I too get stressed that I am not showing yet ( I can notice a baby bump when I am unclothed) and I am pretty sure I have felt movement this week. When I have layed down at night, right below my belly button I feel a little push, like my baby is saying Hey mom, don't worry I am here!
Good luck ladies and keep praying for our healthy babies!!
Oh, I completely understand. I am the same way. Not one day goes by without worry. I was so blissfully ignorant with my previous pregnancies! I don't know if it was because I was young and stupid and I am older now and have heard of so many more life experiences not always having a happy outcome, or if it's the miscarriage I had right before this pregnancy or what, but I have been such a horrible worry wart this time around!! I wish I could relax!!
Maybe since you lost some weight that buys you a little more time in your regular clothes.  I went into my 24 week checkup in regular clothes with this pregnancy and this is baby #2.  Right after that I shot out though.  With my son I was around 28 weeks and this one I had a little tummy, but you couldn't tell at all till around 6 months.  I did not gain much with either pregnancy, although I did pack on 5 lbs. in the last 3 weeks, but my Dr. was happy, I've made it to 18 lbs. in 35 weeks, I also lost close to 15 pounds in the beginning, so I don't have much to drop after baby, but I still have a few weeks to go.  Congrats on your upcoming arrival!
im 17 weeks pregnant with my second baby and ive not got a bump either i never found out till i was 18 weeks with my first wee boy and had nothing then either but as soon as i found out it seem to appear all of a sudden this time round i thought ill prob show quicker, ive known since i was 7 weeks and its killing me i dont have a baby bump. i also lost a lot of weight in first 12 weeks 10lbs to be exact and still havent gained any weight still in all my tight fitted jeans! have felt loads of movement this time round and have bn for scans and everything doing fine! think everyone just different a supppose but it is a constant worry!
im 17 weeks my 3rd baby no bump at all yet not to sure if i have felt baby move yet gettin worried because i was showin now in my other pregnancys
I am now 17wks preggies with 2nd Baby and I am not showing either, I am 6.1ft and weigh 72kgs' I gained 5kgs since found out was pregnant, I just seem to have bigger bbs and nothing else, my belly looks a tad bigger but no definite bump as such, I can feel bump when I lie down but even then it is so small, I also thought 2nd time around you would show sooner? I guess nobody is the same, I love looking preggies and feeling preggies at the moment i dont with either or

Good luck Ladies
I am 12 wks with my second child and I lost 15 pounds in the last two months.  I did get nausea, but not throwing up anything.  I'm not complaining, but it does make me wonder about why.  The only thing I can think of is that my body is becoming more efficient!  I think I have a small bump, but my torso is really short.  I know soon, I'll be as big as a mack truck!
Will this is my 5th pregnantcy and iam 10 weeks im not showing at all and never had morning sickness..no sore breast or anything .......with all the other pregnacy i had everthing the thowing up big belly heartburns everthing so yea all r diff.
Well, I really can't say much but I am
the same way like you. With my first at 4
months I was showing like crazy.I'm a lil
concerned because this is my 2nd pregnancy
and I am 4 months and I don't even show
that I'm pregnant. I look like i'm just chubby.
I only get morning sickness ONLY in da
morning. I do feel lil movement I can bearly
feel it is like a small lil poke. But I have lost
alot of weight. Any suggestions