Sick Baby
I have a new grandson that was born on November 12, 2007, he has been sick since he was about 12 days old, with trouble breathing and conjested I take care of him in the eveings and have been giving him saline drops in his nose and just got a cool mist humidfier for his room.  Now I have just started taking care of him in the last couple of weeks.  I am concerned and wonder why he is having this problem when I ask the mother she say she has taken him to the doctors and they say just to give him the saline drops.  How long before he should be well again?  She does take him in and out alot but he is always very bundled up and covered up.
When you say he has trouble breathing, is it just from nasal congestion or is there something else going on? If it's just nasal congestion, there really isn't much to do except for the saline drops. You can also try elevating the crib matress too. Winter babies seem to go from one cold right into the next.
My daughter was born in late September (2006) and she, too, was very congested well into her 3rd month.  Unfortunately, all I could do was use the saline drops.  What do you mean but trouble breathing?
my baby was born in october and i was complaining about the same thing, he sounded conjested. And when he cried it sounded like a whistle and then he started to caugh. They said it could be reflux, etc. Now they said he has broncholitis. I would take him to the drs again if it gets worse.
When my forth son was about 12 weeks he bacame sick too with what seemed like a bad cold that had a really bad cough.  It got BAD at night and a few times he coughed so hard he would stop breathing.  I took him back and forth to the Doctor that looked at me goofy when I would describe his symptoms.  He ussully was much better during the day so when we were at the Drs he seemed o.k.  He was tested for several things...one being wooping cough.  all tests came back good.  He had three really bad nights in a row and I finally called the doctor and told them that if they did not figuer this out I was afraid he was going to die on me.  My doctor sent us to see a pediatric pulmonologist.  This doctor explained that babies this young ussually dont suffer from asthma but he could hear some wheezing.  (very little)  he ended up giving him a nebulizer breathing treatment and this seemed to help with the wheezing and the little bit of coughing he was having at the office.  The true test would come once my son thought I was sleeping soundly.  lol  Sure enough that night like clock work he got sick agian and I gave him a breathing treatment.  It did the trick.  Asthma is not something we are familiar with so it really came as a surprise to us.  I really was not picky about what the wanted to call it just treat his cough so he would not stop breathing on me agien.