Slow rising Hcg levels, IUD pregnancy
Ok I'm totally confused here and appreciate any help. I have one child who was born on 6/7/11, two months after her birth I had Mirena IUD placed in uterus. On 1/26 I went the ER after positive at home pregnancy test. At that point I was told that the IUD could not be located and hcg levels were 432, possibly 3 weeks prego with that beta level. Its believed that IUD may have preforated uterus. I dont have a clue how far along I could be b/c with IUD I didn't have regular cycles. On 1/27 hcg 580, then 1/30 was 532, then 2/1 was 680, then 2/8 was 832, then 2/13 was 1630. First I was told I would miscarry due to slow rise then drop in beta's. Then told a chemical pregnancy which obviously not possible now due to beta's rising again. Ive had ultrasounds and transvaginals with no signs of fetus, sac, or heartbeat. Now told possible ectopic but cannot locate ectopic??? Ive had NO pain, some mild cramps and lots of "prune juice" like brown blood for weeks. 10 years ago I had an ectopic that caused the removal of right fallopian tube. Any ideas??
Hi!
Yes, this is very strange. High HCG is seen normal pregnancy and in other pregnancy associated conditions like ectopic pregnancy, Downs syndrome in fetus, hydatidiform mole of the uterus (molar pregnancy). High HCG levels in absence of pregnancy could be due to choriocarcinoma of the uterus or ovarian cancer.
Hence it is important to wait another week and repeat ultrasound through vaginal route as maybe you are testing too early.
Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!