Maternal & Child Community
Sore Muscles all over

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Sore Muscles all over

Hey guys, how is everyone?  I have a question.  I am 37 weeks 4 days today and every muscle in my body hurts.  It hurts my chest and back to take deep breaths, my feet feel like they have been pounded with hammers and that makes it so painful to walk (it feels like the bottoms are bruised), basically, it feels like i have gone through the most rigorous exercise workout ever and my muscles are paying for it.  I know the body goes through alot while pregnant, but does this sound normal?  I hurt all over all the time.  Has anyone else experienced this?
I totally forgot about that pain in the feet!  My son is now 7 months old and you just reminded me of the horrible pain that I got in my feet. I remember (even a few weeks after having him) that I could not even stand in one spot for over a minute.  It felt like my feet were bruised.  Totally normal!  Just from the extra weight you got going on!  It will go away a few weeks after having your baby.  What you are describing see like "pregnancy aches and pains"!  Hang out..you only have a few more weeks!

Gina
I feel the same way now and I am only 32 weeks. It kinda reminds me of the boday ache you get with the flu but I am not sick. Maybe our bodies are trying to tell us to slow down and rest more.
i wish my body would hurry up and tell me i am going into labor.  i know i have been complaining alot lately, but goodness, i am miserable.  i know when i see my little boy i will forget all of it, but til then, ugh!
I think your ready to BLOW!!!
Any day now gonza hold on
My SIL went three weeks early
Got your backs packed?

at this point, i dont care if i even take bags with me!  I still have 2 weeks and i am such a complainer.  i have a friend who went 41 weeks with no complaints!  I am telling the doctor today that if i have not gone into labor by 4/13/05 (the day before my due date) we will have to induce!
I'm with ya !  Here I am at 35W 3D and my feet and calves hurt sooo bad I want to cry.  I think DH gets tired of rubbing them but it feels so good when he does it.
OH HONEY! I HAVE BEEN THERE TOO! MY KID KILLED ME! I DONT THINK THERE WAS ANYTHING ON ME THAT DIDNT HURT! WARM BATHS AND MASSAGES HELP SOME, BUT SORRY TO TELL YA, THAT WONT GO AWAY UNTIL THE BABY COMES OUT. GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATULATIONS
I hear ya, I'm so dang miserable!  My dh is so tired of hearing that.  I went to the doctors today and he said that he usually doesn't let people go more than a week past their due dates.  I about wanted to scream because I still have 3 more weeks.  I can't imagine having to wait 4.
Hey that's his job to rub your feet!  lol
We have to do most of the work while pregnant
anyways.
My dh doesn't do enough pampering.  I keep telling him about all of those great husbands that go out at two in the morning to get their wive's something to satisfy cravings... he just laughs and says "boy are they trained well."  I think is has something to do with the fact that he is one of 6 children.  I keep telling him that if he doesn't start babying me a bit, this will be his first and only child!
My husband wasnt a good pregnancy husband either, and I pulled that "model pregnant husband" stuff on him too. Didnt work either. He bitched about having to massage my feet and everything else. When my labor actually started though, he was more scared and sympathetic than I would ever have imagined. Within the first 2 hours of contractions, I had a dozen red roses, and a huge ballon in my room from him. He redeemed himself a little bit with all that.
I'm only 8 weeks. but I think the exhaustion is cusing me to ache. I have muscular and neuro issues anyway, and I get the "sore all over" feel all the time, even before pregnancy. I think it's just amplified by being pregnant and not sleeping...