Spotting after IVF transfer
Help! I had 4 embryos transferred on July 22 2005.  No spotting, slight cramping, bedrest for 3 days then resumed normal activity Monday.  Late last night (Tuesday) before going to bed found brown spotting.  This morning spotting was accompanied with some small clots.  Dr changing from estrogen patches to oral meds because patches wont stick.  Also doing 1 cc IM of progesterone in oil. Dr. says it could be many things and not to write it off yet.  Pregnancy test isn.t till the 3rd of August.  I am sick with worry because of the spotting. I have had one child naturally, she is 8 years( bio father passed away)  New husband had vasectomy and reversal didn't work so we went with IVF.  This is our 2nd attempt.  Last one was 3 years ago with a different Dr.  I am 40.  Anyone have any success after similiar spooting symptoms?
It is my understanding that brown blood is old blood and therefore not much of a concern.  If it were red blood, (new fresh blood) then that would be bad.  Since IVF is more invasive than natural conception I would assume that yes a lot of IVF women have some sort of spotting of brown blood.
Thanks.  The Doctors don't want you to get upset or give up so sometimes I feel they try to pacify you with noncommital answers.  I asked him not to give me false hopes and he said he's not guaranteeing a pregnancy but that he's been happy with everything so far.  I guess it's just hard to trust when you see the  spotting.
Yes, I understand your worries.

However, I know two women who conceived with IVF.  One was my cousin who got implanted with 2 embryos and ended up having triplets last month and another is a friend who had her baby boy two days ago.
That's so wonderful.  Am truly happy to hear those results.  Did they have spotting?
I had spotting with my second IVF attempt  it was about 10 days after transfer so they figured it was implantation  (another girl from same clinic had same and she ws preg - so I was't worried)  I did get preg but had a miscarriage.

this IVF I had blood spotting from 5-11 weeks off and on.

transferering 4 embies should help your chances
best of luck
Thanks for taking the time to talk
I too had some spotting but agree that it is too early to know anything.  The fact that it is brown probably means it is old blood. I was told that the implantation may be around day 5 (post transfer), so this my simply be from implantation.  The clots could be from all the meds you have taken.  Try not to worry too much, but I hear you.  I am going for my third IVF transfer on Friday (the first 2 ended in m/c).

Good luck.
That I am not sure about.  They didn't get into the depth of detail - I am sorry!
My name is Holly. I am 20 years old. I am planning on going off the pill (i have been on it for 3 years now) in November. I hope to get pregnant right away so I can give the news to my in-laws and my parents as an xmas gift. Do people usually have problems conceiving the first few months they go off the pill? How does it work? I also want to lose weight before I have a baby. As it is I am not comfortable in my skin. If anyone has suggestions or would like to chat, please email me at butterfly_baybee2005***@**** I will respond to everyone!
Also, will you only conceive on certain days of the month? I can use as much information as I can