Maternal & Child Community
Spotting at 11 weeks-- Need Advice

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Spotting at 11 weeks-- Need Advice

Hi~
I spotted scantily and only once l;ast week after lisfting something heavy. All week no spotting. Today I worked out 1/2 hour on elliptical machine and then worked out some afterwords stretching and such. After my shower there was spotting again. When I wiped there was dark (like old blood) lightly on tissue. Should I call my ob/gyn?
I've read some spot throughout pregnancy. Could this be normal?
Val
I spotted throughout my first trimester with my daughter and everything was fine.  My doctor told me that it was normal as long as they could see progress growing and a heartbeat. However, I have begun to spot during my current pregnancy and both my doctor and I are worried due to a recent u/s.  So, my advice is to go ahead and at least call your doc just to make sure that everything is okay.  It is probably nothing to worry about at all, but, it's always nice to hear it come from your doctor.  Good Luck!

mnc
When I was pregnant with my first son, I expreinced some bleeding for almost 2 days when I was 12 weeks pregnant. I freaked out because I had had 5 miscarraiges previous to that pregnancy (all ending around 6-8 weeks). Luckily I had a home doppler machine. So about every hour, I would lay down and listen to my baby's heartbeat. Finally the bleeding stopped and I gave birth to a healthy baby boy. My suggestion would be to contact your OB/GYN. They may tell you to go to the emergency room and have another ultrasound. Or they may tell you to wait it out. However it is better to be safe than sorry. Even if it turns out to be nothing, at least you can get peach of mind. Dont be afraid that you are the only person who calls their OB/GYN over something like this. You are not alone.

I hope all is well for you. Good Luck and Best wishes.
I'd get it checked or get advice, just in case it's physical stuff that's causing it and should be avoided for a while at least.

It's better to know now. ((hugs))
It really sounds as if you pushed yourself too much and your body is telling you to rest.  Since it's the weekend, I would put in a call to your OB on Monday morning and they will tell you what to do.  I would really just do some self prescibed bed rest over the weekend and see if it stops.
I would rest up no need to do so much exercise as too much can cause miscarriage hopefully thats not your case. I wouldnt worry unless you start getting clots. When I miscarried at 12 weeks I started with bleeding then small clots then large. Hopefully all is good good luck. I scan will put your mind at ease. Keep us informed.
i think that you might be over doing it too.  i spotted with my last pg for the first three months.  the dr told me that i was doing too much and that i needed to rest (no exercise, no lifting, no vaccumming, nothing that required me to exert myself at all), including no sex for the first trimester.  very upsetting to my husband!  lol!!  after that everything was fine and i went on to have a healthy baby boy.  i think you should get your rest and i would check with your dr on Monday to make sure that everything is fine.  good luck with the rest of your pg!!