MATERNAL & CHILD
COMMUNITY
Sucess rate of Pregnancy on Clomid
by Starry eyes, Jun 23, 2004
I'm new, so please bare with me.

I just started taking Clomid. This is my second cycle on it. My first try, I had a very good response with no pregnancy outcome. My second one didn't go so well. I had a lot of follicles but my doctor didn't think that any would get big enough for me to ovulate.
So, I believed that this month nothing was going to happen. Two weeks later ( on cycle day 23) I had signs that I was going to ovulate so I used a ovulation test and it surged.
I have been having cramps and nausea a week after the surge.
Has any one else had the same symptoms and found out they were pregnant?
How many times have you tried clomid before coming pregnant?
Thanks for any responses.
Member Comments (339)
by MarianneR, Jun 23, 2004
I was pregnant on my first cycle of Clomid (I hear that is unusual).  

As for your nausea, there is a good chance you may be pregnant.  From my own experience, I was sick almost immediately after conception took place.

Good luck!
by Bailee5, Jun 23, 2004
I am on 50mg of Clomid and this month was my first cycle. I detected my LH surge on 6/12 and had lot's of cramping on 6/14 and 6/15, plus ewcm. I feel that I did ovulate, but I do not feel like I am preggo this month. The cramping actually lasted a week, but was not as intense during the end of last week. I have read that Clomid can make you O a little later in your cycle, so it could be the cramping was actually Oing. Which is still exciting!!! I really hope you are preggo! :) Keep us posted!
by Starry eyes, Jun 23, 2004
Thanks for your responses.

My husband and I have been trying for 1 1/2 years to get pregnant, so I'm at the point where I'm getting scared that it will never happen.
I have had almost every test done and most of them have came back normal. (husband has been checked also) I did find out that I'm insulin resistant and my doctor put me on Gluchage. It helped me to become more regular, but I still didn't conceive so I asked my Doctor if I could try clomid.
I haven't been told this, but I think that my "eggs" don't get mature enough for me to get pregnant, and that is why I wanted to try clomid, even if we have twins :)

I have always wanted to have a family, and I recently lost my mother, so I think that has me more worried than ever before that I will never have children.

Hearing your responses help, so I thank you all in advance.
by guinea920, Jun 23, 2004
This has nothing to do with Clomid because unfortunately I know nothing of this topic but I had a question for you.  Were you always nauseous-like 24/7 morning sickness?  Did you eat or drink anything that eased m/s for you?  

Thanks for any advice.

guinea
by Bailee5, Jun 23, 2004
Looks like something is wrong with the site. We already posted to this question.???? Starry Eyes did you get to read the responses????
by Bailee5, Jun 23, 2004
O.K. maybe it was just my computer. All the postings are back!!! Sorry! :)
by Starry eyes, Jun 23, 2004
I was wondering how long you had tried until you took clomid.
What mg were you on? (I'm on the lowest one)
Do you ovulate on your own or just needed a little "boost"?
Thanks.
by Bailee5, Jun 23, 2004
Somthing I wanted to mention because of your comment on being insulin resistant is that I have been diagnosed with PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) and it has many multiple symptoms, but insulin resistance is one of them and sometimes woman have to take Metformin(a form of gluchopage) in order to help conceive. I have not had to go that far yet, but this is my first cycle of Clomid so we are going to see what happens with this first. You can have PCOS without having to have developing cysts on your ovaries. Some symptoms of PCOS include: anovulation, hair growth on or around breast nipples or excessive hair growth on other areas usually only found in men, insulin resistance, male pattern baldness, enlarged ovaries, multiple cysts forming on ovaries, no AF or long and painful AF's, and irregular cyles  just to name a few. You might want to type in and do a search on PCOS. I know one site is "PCOS.com". I am not saying this is your situation, I just thought it was interesting when you mentioned the insulin resistance. :)
by MarianneR, Jun 23, 2004
I was on 50mg of Clomid.  I did need an HCG injection to make me ovulate because I was not ovulating on my own.

My morning sickness was pretty much 24/7 and it seems to have eased a little.  What seemed to help me was to have a little something in my stomach, because if it was empty that was when I felt the worst.

On my post a few weeks ago I was asking about HCG numbers and could they be just high and still have a singleton pregnancy?  Turns out I am having TWINS.  Whoops!  Didn't think that would happen to me.