Maternal & Child Community
Sucess rate of Pregnancy on Clomid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Viewing 201-340 comments:
Hey Everyone,
My hubby and I started trying again about a year ago. We had our son without any problems 2 yrs ago and here we are again. Except now I am having issues with not ovulating ~ I have been on clomid for 3 cycles at 50 mg. My progesterone level was way up last month , but when we tested a few days ago it was even lower than before. So disappointed!
My Dr. increased the dosage to 100mg this round, so we will see if it works. Also, i am having a regular period now but those ovulation tests are always neg?? what gives? Has anyone tried the ovu watch? any help would be so appreciated!
I have not tried the watch but I did hear good things about it ...I have an Online  friend that as used it and she loved it !!!!!

My DH & I have been ttc since Janaury of 2007 with no luck.  We just went to our RE who said the bloodwork for me and my DH analysis came back fine, but I don't get regular periods (I've had 3 this year on my own, 1 brought on by provera) so he's pretty sure I'm not ovulating.  I'll start my first cycle of clomid (50mg) after my next af (may need to take provera again to bring it on).  I'm very hopeful it'll work fast because we're stressing since it's been so long!

Anyone been in a similar situation want to share how long it took for clomid to work for them?
Hi, this my third cycle of clomid. I had a tubal reversal in March '08. Dr prescribed clomid in May '08 and we were 7 weeks pregnant in June '08. This pregnancy ended a week later with a tubal pregnancy. My second cycle of clomid was in Sept '08 with no success I started my third cycle in October. I am due for my menses on the 19th of Nov. I started cramping while on clomid and afterwards like my cycle is near. I just don't know what to do, I've already had so much disappointment this far. I am a 37 yr old woman wanting to have a child.
Hi, I am 6 weeks pregnant with the help of clomid 50 mg.  I have a 31/2 year old boy but I wasn't ovulating.  My doctor put me on clomid in October and it worked.
This is my second round on clomid, the first round I was on 50 mg and this month 100mg so hopefully this month it will be good news to share with all.  I have a 3.5 year old daughter, the first pregnancy I was on clomid 2 rounds both 50 mg of clomid.  I hope my chances are high just by being on 100 mg of clomid this month.  Does that give me a greater chcnce to have twins?  Does anyone know?
Good luck to you all and keep me posted:)
P.
Im 24 yrs and have been married for 3 years. My husband and I have been trying for a baby all 3 years. In February of this year we found out we were pregnant. So excited we were we started spreading the good news to family and friends. But sometimes good news comes to a tragic end, we found out we were pregnant on Feb. 20th and by the 24th I was in the hospital bleeding so heavy. They confirmed it I had miscarried our 2 month baby! Looking back I remember drinking occassionally and taking Nyquil for a bad cough I had had, although doing all this not knowing I was pregnant! Im sure this had alot to do with the miscarrage (miscarriage), right? I mean the first 3 months of pregnancy are the most crusial. Well with heart ache and pain my husband and I got throught it together. By September I went for my yearly exam and everything was fine, just was told I had a few falicals on one of my ovaries??? Dont really know what that means. My Dr. also recommended us trying Clomid, and he also prescribed me Provera for my irregular periods (I have always had irregular periods and can go months without one). So starting on Oct. 6 I started the Provera to help me have a period, 10 days later I had my period. Then on Oct. 23rd started Clomid!!! On Nov. 16th I took a pregnancy test just because I had a extra one in my cabinet and it was +!!! I went to my Dr. on the 18th of Nov. and they did a vaginal ultra sound but couldnt see anything yet, I was told cause I am extremely early in my pregnancy. Did lab work and came back positive for being pregnant. I go back to the Dr. on the 2nd of Dec. and hope they will find something on the ultra sound. Im so anxious and nervous, so scared of miscarrage (miscarriage), and other complications. And yes I was on my first dose of Clomid and I am now pregnant......anyone have any other questions or advice for me please feel free to email me or answer back v_brumley84***@****
Hi All,

So last time i left a message i was excited about going to go and see this new naturpath/herbalist lady. We had our first visit over 2 weeks ago and great news for us is that 3 days after i saw her she managed to kick my periods in with natural tablets. I have been an emotional wreck which is great because i never was before. I have had cramping and this week being ovulation week i have had leaking nipples. Not much but i have never had anything before. I go back this week to see her and see a specialist in Sydney next week to get more blood tests done. Very exciting for us to have something. So fingers crossed that we will have the ok to start trying to conceive this month coming. Cause having a break is killing us.

Fingers crossed for all those out there trying to conceive and i hope that Clomid does work for you as didnt for us.
I believe that Clomid increases your chances by 5% everytime you up your dosage. So you would have a 10% chance of twins on 100mg Clomid.
I also was having periods but never actually ovulating or if i did it was on a low scale. Your dr should be increasing your Clomid by 50mg every cycle unless he sees that when he increases it your develop cysts. Which is what happened to me. All documentation relating to Clomid also says that you shouldnt be on Clomid for more than 6 cycles. If you do go as far as 6 cycles then he should be trying another type rather that Clomid on you.
I only tried to watch my temp but it was always really erratic. Up and down 0.7 every day.
I have never really been one for natural therapies but the lady i am seeing instead of taking Clomid now has managed to get me to get my hormones in the right place and i have regular temp movement with the changing moods and everything. All it was, was that i was missing key vitamins in my diet. Perhaps seeing someone like a naturopath would be a good idea.

Hoping that the 100mg works for you.
im going on my furst time going on clomid 50mg 3-7 day and i wanted to know what was the side of sideafects on it becouse it been 4 years with me and my husband since we tryed and nothing so i went to a gyn and she put me on clomid and i hope it wirks plz email me to let me know what you can help me with and some other stuff ***@**** thanks again
I was on clomid in November 08 and i got pregnant my first round at 50mg.  Everything looked fine and I saw the heartbeat at 7 weeks.  I started having cramps and bleeding alot around week 8 1/2.  I ended up losing the baby at almost 10 weeks and had a DC.  My doctor said that Clomid doesn't have anything to do with the miscarriage and that something was most likely wrong with the baby.  After a lot of pain and heartbrake we got through it and are ready to try again.  We have started another round of clomid and now I just have to wait two weeks to take a test...I can't wait!!

Good luck to all
I HAVE BEEN ON CLOMID SINCE MARCH 2009 AND I HAVE TOOK 2 ROUNDS OF CLOMID AND I BEGIN TO OVULATE BUT I STILL HAVE NOT GOT PREGNANT ME AND MY HUSBAND TRY ALMOST EVERY NITE CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I AM ON CLOMID 50MG AND IT IS REALLY STRESSING ME OUT BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN TTC SINCE 2007 AND STILL NO LUCK AND NEVER HAD ANY PREGNANCYS HAVE ANYONE EVER HAD ANYTHING SIMILAR TO THAT PLEASE LET ME HEAR YOUR STORY MAYBE I WILL FEEL BETTER  EMAIL ME @ JANEKA.***@****
Please read the below information. This is from A Therapeutics website.

Usual Dosage

Adults: Oral:

Male (infertility): 25 mg/day for 25 days with 5 days rest, or 100 mg every Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Female (ovulatory failure): 50 mg/day for 5 days (first course); start the regimen on or about the fifth day of cycle. The dose should be increased only in those patients who do not ovulate in response to cyclic 50 mg Clomid®. A low dosage or duration of treatment course is particularly recommended if unusual sensitivity to pituitary gonadotropin is suspected, such as in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome.

If ovulation does not appear to occur after the first course of therapy, a second course of 100 mg/day (two 50 mg tablets given as a single daily dose) for 5 days should be given. This course may be started as early as 30 days after the previous one after precautions are taken to exclude the presence of pregnancy. Increasing the dosage or duration of therapy beyond 100 mg/day for 5 days is not recommended. The majority of patients who are going to ovulate will do so after the first course of therapy. If ovulation does not occur after 3 courses of therapy, further treatment is not recommended and the patient should be re-evaluated. If 3 ovulatory responses occur, but pregnancy has not been achieved, further treatment is not recommended. If menses does not occur after an ovulatory response, the patient should be re-evaluated. Long-term cyclic therapy is not recommended beyond a total of about 6 cycles.

Our Naturopath recommends sex from Day 10-18 of cycle in case you ovulate early or late. She recommends that your male partner refrains from ejaculating 3 days prior to Day 10. From Day 10 have sex every 2nd day. Best in the morning and sex should be from a rear entry (doggy style) position this way the penis is up against the cervix. It is important for you (female) to orgasm as this helps the sperm to be sucked up inside of the cervix. After ejaculation has finished lie on your stomach for 10minutes. This helps the sperm to swim the right way.

Hopefully the information i have provided helps.

Jay.
I have taken clomid for two months and it worked, the best way to ensure your chance is to get the ovulation mid stream tests, they really work and you can count on your chances....all the best
hello ladies,
im a 35 yr old, been trying for a baby for 3 years now with no luck.
i was put on clomid 50g......i am now on my 2nd dose of clomid, in the first month i didnt ovulate...
i have just finished my 2nd round of of clomid and have my blood test this thursday to see if i ovulated.
has this happened to anyone else?!
im also on metformin 3 tablets a day.

my hubbie and i are at it every other night....hoping for it to work....
i was only given 3 months worth of clomid...if it dosent work i may have to look into IVF.

your help and advice is much appreciated.
Have they done a hysteoscopy & DC on you yet?  i am 28,we tried for 2 1/2 years and got nothing, and a month after they flushed my tubes out i was pregnant.  We are now trying for bub #2, will be starting Clomid so i don't have t go under anaesthetic again.  D&C  and hysteroscopy a lot cheaper and easier than IVF!
My husband and I have been ttc for about 2 years now.  My doc wanted me to take clomid about a year ago, but when he told me the dangers of not taking it correctly I was pretty reluctant.  I have PCOS with cycts on both ovaries (they look like swiss  cheese) and have thyroid issues.  I knew it would be hard to concieve (conceive) and my husband and I are anxious to start a family, so with careful consideration, we are now on our second dose of clomid.  I took 50 mg with the first dose (I had to take progesterone to jump start my cycle ) but that wasn't effective.  I have taken my second dose at 100 mg and will find out in about a week or so if this was successful or not.  Praying for some good news, but I'm trying not to get ahead of myself!  Any advise on this issue or what to expect when it finally happens would be greatly appreciated!!
I have a question for anyone whom may be able to answer from experience. I am nursing my 14 month old son, my husband and I have been trying for 10 months to get pregnent (ever since cycle started back) and the doctor is suggesting chlomid... has anyone taken it and still nursed your child? The doc said there have been no tests done to show if it can affect your child. I talked to a few women here who have used it with success while nursing, but I am still a little on edge about doing so. If you have used it, was there any affect on your child or did everything pan out for you?
I started my 1st course of Chlomid (50mg) last month, not PG, however still got good news that I HAD ovulated, and this time round my cycle has come 28 days after last, which is very rare for me as my cycles tended to be 33-35 days prior to Chlomid.

Im over the moon the tablets are taking effect and keeping my fingers crossed that the next couple of months are our luckiest months ever!!!

Its great to read the success stories on here, it gives me such support and ease to have to hope yet!

I was wondering though, all you PG ladies, is there anything else me and my partener can do to help get PG sooner, anything, anything at all??????????

Good luck to al you ttc'ers and congrats to all you PG ladies out there!!! xxx
Me and my partner have been trying for a baby for 2 yrs now with no success. I saw a gyno and she put me on clomid 50mg and i am now coming up to my third round in 5 days time. According to my test i was ovulating a little, before i started the tablets which is good. I have been feeling very tired lately and very nausius with back ache and alot of discomfort in my lower abdomin (abdomen) along with saw nipples that have gone very deep pink. could i be pregnant or is this just the symptoms of clomid? or should i wait and see if my period appears? i dont want to take a pregnancy test because i dont want to be let down again. please give me some advice. Thanks
I just finished my second Clomid cycle...It is working but I have not gotten pregnant yet.  Everyone says relax and it will happen but that is very hard to do!  One thing my DR suggested was buying the Clearblue Easy Fertilty Monitor...199.99 a little spendy but very worth it!  I tell it my first day of my period and it does the rest tells me when to pee on the stick and gives results whether I am fertile or not within 5 minutes and it is very accruate.  It said I ovulated last month but I went to the DR for a 21 day progesterone test to make sure and I did...Have they diagnosed why you are not ovulating?  Mine is PCOS and I am on 50MG days 3-7 it seems to be working but yes very frustrating all I have is my husband to confide in and he is a typical man so the compassion does not always flow LOL I find this site very helpful to read and I am always hear to lend an ear... I  did also expierence some of the same side effects that you are talking about a week before I got AF it is VERY FRUSTRATING...but I would demand all the blood tests from your DR to make sure that everything is on order...Don't let them just pass you off and give you some pills and then set you free I got lucky I have a wonderful DR that mapped out everything for me...If you don't get AF by the time you are to start your next pill take a test and if nothing ask the DR for Provera to induce a period it will not be fun but it will help...also if you are not ovulating on the 50MG then ask the DR to up to 100MG so that you will find some more answers they can put you on as much as 250MG
I am 27 and been TTC for a year my Husband who has a minor low count 16-19. I started my first round of Clomid 50mg this month. I ovulate like clock work and have very regular periods the doctor put me on it to help our chances and prepare us for an IUI treatment which we couldn't make. My period is due in a few days and my breast are more sore than usually and I am emotional and tired. It's been a year and I am tired of these negative tests. Any similar stories or help?
I'm on my 3rd round of clomid the 1st and 2nd didn't work, my husban and I have been trying to conceive since May. Im so desperate I even have thoughts of suicide I do not want to live anymore, everybody around me is getting pregnant and that is only making my life more miserable, seems like life and God are making fun of my desire to have a baby, please help!!!!!

Thank you  

Lili
Hi Lili,

Please see your doctor regards your thoughts of suicide. I think that you need more help than what this forum or any other forum can give you. I and i am sure ohers on this site feel the same way you do at the moment in the past. I have been trying for 2.5 years i am 24 years old and have been through Clomid therapy and other types as well and am still yet to conceive. I also have family and friends who fall pregnant on first try. Yes this is disheartening but you also need to keep yourself strong and happy for the sake of when you do fall. Please get other help. If you are like me at all stressing and being depressed is making things a lot worse. I talk to someone about how i feel and i cherish my husband even more because it is only the two of us for now. Dont give up.

Jay.
Thank you very much for your words, this is harder for me because Im 34 had 2 miscarriages 2 D&Cs, (the last one in may 09) and this is just unbearrable, I dont know what to do next, the last time I took clomid my md said "you only have 15 to 20% chance to conceive, this is why I dont want to live anymore, I feel like a failure, last night I was about to take a handfull of pills but my husband came home just when I was about to take them, and Im at work just thinking what would be the best way to end with this misserable life.  

please dont loose hope, im 27 and have been TTC for 5 years and also i live 3000 miles away from my family and friends so i know what it feel to feel lonely and loses hope, im getting ready to start my first clomid 50g cycle and im praying for the best, back home in CA one of my mothers neighbors had been trying for 17 years when i say trying i mean she went to mds, holistic drs, witchdoctors, and everything in between, her and her husband spent every penny they've ever worked for and nothing, once some crazy witch dr gave her some herbs to drink and made her believe she would get pregnant so her belly started to grow and she was also a midwife (so she said) and use to come over and check her and she was suppose to be 7 months pregnant when another neighbor who was from honduras told her let mt massage you so your birth will go smooth and easy come to fine out she wasnt pregnant the honduran lady told her she rushed to the er and her intentines were just swollen the drs said if she would have waited another week she would have died. she tried looking for the witch dr and she dissappeared and my mothers friend was devasted she cried for months tills she decided to adopt and remember she had tried everything, while she was in the process of adopting she was so happy and excited she had her nursery set up and all, and one day while she was at work her feet were swollen and everyone kept tellin her becareful u might have highblood pressure so she went to the dr and gave her the news that she was five months pregnant she cried so much even the women in her apartment building cried with her because everyone knew how bad shes been trying, so after nearly 18 years and at 45 years old she had a beautiful healthy little girl. because of her i dont lose hope and u shouldnt either. i believe you should see a dr about your suicidal thoughts ive read that clomid can cause deppression. remember you are not alone first of all u have your husband and if you truly love him just imagine the pain you would cause him and the rest of your family. besides you also have us a community of women in the same boat. please dont be so negative have faith and God is not teasing you, just remember when the day u do have your baby you are gonna think back on your suicidal thoughts and think how silly you were to have allowed yourself to feel this way. email me when you need a friend at ***@****    believe me i know how u feel, take care and may God bless you and your husband :)
this is my first cycle of clomid. my husband and i have been married for 3 years and have been trying most of the three years. in September i actually got a + hpt but come to find out it was a Chemical Pregnancy. i had never heard of that before so i did my research and its not very uncommon. but now my doctor told me to start the clomid my next cycle to make sure everything is on the up and up! im really nervous and excited all at the same time. so if any one else has had a Chemical Pregnancy and are now taking clomid please post!!!
Hi there everyone!  It sounds like alot of us have really down days. I know how hard it is to have a positive outlook all the time when it seems like nothing is going right.  I am 33, my husband and I have been trying for a baby for just over 4 years.  During these years I have lost my father and my little brother to two separate diseases.  I was wondering if anyone has had trouble concieving due to stress?  I don't feel stressed but maybe going through those challenging times threw me off somehow.  Our obgyn was resitant to proceed with any treatments because I had regular periods.  He recently told me to try Clomid 100mg, I just took my last pill today.  I'm a bit confused on when we should be "doing the deed" normally we would start trying tommorrow Nov 11 through to Nov 16, but I just read that after the last dose of Clomid people ovulate 5 -10 days later, which would mean Nov 15 - 20.
What should I do?   I know we should just go crazy for two weeks but it does begin to feel like a chore after this long trying.  I just want to know Approx. when I would be ovulating.   :)     Any replies would be appreciated, Thanks
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm not an expert but stress definitely plays a huge part in the conception process. Sometimes you may be stressed and not even know it. I did 100mg of clomid but my RE also did the insemination. We did it 2x's. First time it resulted in a chemical pregnancy and the second time worked and my son will be a year old next month. I too had regular periods so that should not have made your Dr. hesitate. I think we did the procedure about 8-10 days after the first day of my period. I just wanted to let you know that it can happen because my infertility was unexplained. We too tried for years ( do have a 9 year old son too but the RE said that this was called secondary interfility). Just try your best to know that this will happen, it's just a matter of when. Good luck.
WOW!! I am so excited to see what happens this month, I have been on clomid 100mg for 2 cycles. I have never been pregant in my  25 year life, really hopig to see some positive results....Good luck to every one who has been trying like me...
DH & I have been trying for 1.5 yrs, and we are both 30 years of age.  I will be starting round 4 of 50mg Clomid.  I wasn't always ovulating prior to Clomid, only on occasion, but had regular periods.  Had miscarriage in April 09 at 7 weeks.
I feel exactly how (1313) feels.  Thoughts of worthlessness,  and wanting to not exist anymore.  I get frustrated at everything - and have terrible mental days, all I hear are people around me talking about babies, their kids, and what it was like when they were pregnant.  Going to work is sometimes unbearable.  Every day that goes by my happiness and hope for having a family deminish even more.  I've ordered pre seed in hopes of a slim chance of helping.  Has anyone gone for counseling to address these kinds of issues?
I have Protein C Deficiency."Protein C deficiency isassociated with late and recurrent pregnancy loss. In the European Prospective Cohort on Thrombophilia, the odds ratio (OR) for stillbirth (defined as pregnancy loss at >28 weeks' gestation) among women with an inherited thrombophilia was 3.6 (95% confidence interval [CI] 1.4-9.4), whereas the risk of miscarriage before 28 weeks' gestation in this cohort was not significantly different than that of nonthrombophilic women.30 Among the subgroup of thrombophilia subjects with congenital protein C deficiency, the OR of stillbirth was 2.3 (95% CI 0.6-8.3).31,30 In a meta-analysis of 633 subjects with hereditary protein C deficiency, the association with recurrent fetal loss was likewise nonsignificant." I had 5 miscarriages before I had my daughter 6 yrs ago. We had 3 more the next 2 years. Then I got pregnant and had my son at 29 wks gestation. He only survived for 3 minutes after birth. For the last 4 years we have been trying to get pregnant and I have not one time.  I have been on clomid on and off for the last 3 years. I am up to 200 mg. They started me on 50 then I went up to 100 then 150 and now at 200, that is a lot of clomid! I wish it would happen my husband and I have always dreamed of having a big family. I am one of 6 and he is on of 8. I wish this would work. Since we started the clomid I have stopped having a regular period and have had to take provera many times. We try the clomid for 2 months then off for two months. The doctor says we can do 3 months of clomid, but I cramp so much from it I don't want it that third month. Should I just stop trying and give up. Maybe we are not suppose to have any more, but when I think of that it makes me so upset that there are 14 year olds that get pregnant and their are other that get pregnant just for the extra assistance they can receive! I get so upset when we take a test and then 3 minutes later it is negative.
I love my daughter and I thank God for her everyday. Maybe this is his way of telling me there are great things for just the 3 of us.
Nicole
Hi I know how you feel
I have those feelings every month that af comes. You are right it seem that you are surrounded by babies and pregnant people and you wonder if you will every be like that.
My dh worries about me when i get in those moods. Men dont aften show how they feel but i sense he wants it as bad as I do and when I get depressed he feels its his fault that I am not pregnant.
As I said on another thread there is no words to describe how you feel when AF comes, Like someone literally pull out your insides and your heart actually hurts.
I have found that just writing on this thread helps me.
I have taken clomid 50mg then 100mg then 150mg , each time for 3 months befare going to the higher does so that should tell you how long I am on it. And i have heard that you cant take it for more than a year. So now I am carefully considering IUI. But DH seems sceptacle about it
I will be starting round 5 of clomid 50 mg today, and next week I am getting a HSG procedure done.  I am ovulating, my progesterone levels are up at CD21, I am just curious why things just aren't connecting.  After round 6 of clomid, I'm planning to take time off from trying if I still haven't fallen pregnant.  I'm tired of feeling beloated and gaining weight without being pregnant.  Dr. says after round 6 is over, he is going to refer us to a specialist.  I will probably go later in the year...  as it means more invasive tests, and more $$.
I know what you mean about giving up as well.
Let me warn you HSG is a painful procedure.
I did it and the whole hospital heard me.
Just do the preparations they tell you to do
Had the HSG today, yes, it was painful cramping - I begged for the Dr. to stop.  Got through it, and all was normal - as I had expected.  Taking 5th round of clomid.
I am glad to hear that all is well.I hope clomid works for you this time.
I am working on baby #2. I have very abnormal periods...some months no period...trying to get pregnant the first time I was put on Provera and then on day 5 clomid...worked.....My daughter is 2 1/2. Just did a round of provera and clomid....hoping for a positive pregnancy test....can't test till next week so you can imagine I am getting very impatient!! Want to test now but I know the test will be negative, too early!

So take comfort that it works....and def do the over the counter ovulation tests....they are the best and very accurate!!

Good luck to all...and to me too!
I am currently on cd5 and will take my last dose of clomid 50mg today. This will be my second time using clomid i have a 3yo who was conceived on my third round  of clomid 50mg. I do not have regular periods and really didnt think clomid would work for me the first time but it did, so dont get discouraged. Hope it works this time also :)!!
I am 23 and my husband and I have been TRYING  for 5 months now. Were together for 6 years and never used protection. I have PCOS and I am on my third round of Clomid at 150mg. I hope it works this month! I too want this soooo bad! My sister is pregnant with her first and my sister in law who is only 20 is pregnant with twins. She got pregnant on birth control! I use the ovulation test each month and sometimes they say yes and sometimes they don't. I have ovulated the past two times on clomid. My Progesteron level started at .07, VERY LOW and is up to about 8 now. I am trying not to stress and just making sure to have intercourse every other day. Will keep you all posted!! It really helps reading everyone's stories!! Best of luck to you all! Hope everyone gets a BFP!!!!
hello everyone im ttc for 11 years this is my third round on clomid 150Mg, my fist was on 50Mg second on 100Mg but did'nt work but this time they're also have giving me dexamethasone x 10 days . i just want to know if any of you have use that  and if it really works.
Hello- I to am on my third round of Clomid 150mg. If this month dosent work they are going to put me on something extra. If I find out any info on Dexamethasone or hear any success stories I will let you know!!! Good luck to you!!! I hope  this month works for me because clomid makes me very emotional and I get hot flashes all the time! Let me know also if this works for you!!! GOOD LUCK hope you get a BFP!!!
I just finished takig my first round of clomid. I had been trying for 5 years and started taking femara (another drug) for 2 years and got pregnant finally but it ended tragically by me going into pre-term labor at 26 weeks.I lost my beautiful baby boy and am now desprate to try again. I don't want to wait 2 more years so my doc is trying clomid 150mg with me on my first month. im scared. So fari haven't really had any side effects, i find that im hot but thats it. I never had any side effects on femara. I just need some encouragement but i understand how people feel
Hi everyone! I am so GLAD that I found this site. The comments are so insightful.

Well, I did my first cycle of Clomid in March '10; thought I was pregnant because my period was late for more than two weeks but unfortunately, it started yesterday; very light, back pains, cramps.  How can I be sure that I even ovulated? I'm a bit depressed; I don't know whether I should do another round of clomid or what?

Any advice?
Im currently on my first dose of chlomid. My periods have never been iregular until December of 2009. And well now April 2010 they diagnosed me with PCOS. (polycystic Ovary Syndrome) No wonder I havent got pregnant for 3 years!!! I tried so much Im just hoping & praying this works for me now. Im glad to have read reviews on this chlomid medication. I had to take provera to make me have a period. I have to go for an ultrasound next week or the beginning of may to see if im ovulating. Can they tell if your ovulation by doing an ultrasound?????? thank u girls!! and hope ever1 has a chance to conceive and have a baby!!
I am pretty sure dr.s can NOT tell if you are ovulating from an ultra sound. I think this because I have been ttc for 1 1/2 years. I've had multiple ultrasounds for cysts, and they were never able to tell if I was ovulating. I am at the end of my first month on Clomid 50mg. I am scheduled to start my P in 5 days, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. But I wonder how many women really get preg. the first month on Clomid...?
They can not tell if you are ovulating from a regular ultrasound, it has to be an internal sonagram. I am on my first round of clomid. 100 mg a day from day 3-8. Then on my 12th day (which is this Saturday) I am going back to my fertility doctor to have my internal sonagram done and see if I am ovulating from the clomid. I have been diagnosed with PCOS and endometreosis. I just had a laprascopy, hysterscopy and a D&C done last month. Dr. started the round of fertility as soon as everything had healed from the surgery. These issues with my period/fertility have been since the age of 14. I am now 26, married and wanting children more than anything. Praying this will work and I will have good news on Saturday-
Hi there,
My sister actually got pregnant with her second child after her first month of clomid. Initially she was told she would never be able to get pregnant because her uterus was really tilted on top of that her periods are irregular. Low and behold came baby #1(who is now 11). Four years later she was put on clomid and had baby #2(who is now 7). Five years later she had baby #3(who is now 2). Than she was put on provera to regulate her periods and is now pregnant with baby #4. She has been blessed with four amazing boys. I started my first month of clomid and am trying to be as positive as possible clomid definately takes you on a whirl wind. I hope my sisters experience shines a light on your situation. May God bless you.
Dear all, just started my first cycle of clomid. I have a healthy 7 year old and been trying to have a child for last 4 years. I may have mild case of pcos. Please pray for me. God bless u all.
Dear All,

Just wanted to share my experience with Clomid.

Im 33 years old and TTC. Never really had a problem with my periods, very regular and predictable. As I lost baby no. 1 in 2008, my gynecologist / friend suggested I try Clomid to make sure i ovulated and conceived. I was hesistant to start any medication as i never really had a problem conceiving baby no.1.

Started TTC naturally in feb 2010, was unsuccessful that month, so i started on clomid and completed 2 cycles of 50/ 100 mg day 5-9 for month of march and april 2010.

My observations with  Clomid : delayed my ovulation day by 5 days and periods from 28-35 days. During the post ovulation period it produced very confusing symptoms very similiar to pregnancy( excessive creamy white discharge, tender nipples), which raised my hopes of being pregnant, but both cycles i was unsuccessful.

We decided to visit our GP who suggested i go for Day21 progesterone test and not take clomid during May cycle. So i was back to TTC naturally this month. Suprisingly stopping Clomid returned my ovulation to predicable CD 10 and i got my First positive HPT on Day 21 of my cycle. I repeated my HPT on day 24 and still positive.

By my experience i believe that if one really does not have a problem with ovulation then clomid may not be a good idea.
I am on Clomid 50mg days 3-7 and i do have a af every month on cd29-33. I know i can O on my own but i have been TTC for a year. the dr that i am seeing writes a precription for 50mg for 3cycles then ups it if it does not work. My DH is military and is leaving in Aug for 6 month so i dont have time to take 3 cycles of 50 then find out if it is working. I talked to my Dr's nurse yesterday and she said there is no test that they can do to see if it is working and i would have to go to a specialist. She also told me take OPK and if they are - then she will see if i can get 100mg but she cant promise it will happen. I only have 2 month so i called my primary care Dr to see if he can write me a precription just incase i do not get preggo this month for 100mg.

Is it like that a primary care dr not a obg can write a precription for Clomid and should i ask for a trigger shot?
Hi Girls,

Want to know whats the next step for me so if anyone can help then please post.

Trying for baba number 2 since June 09 (have a 2.5yr old after a mc) and my cycle varies between 30-37 days. Went to GP who sent me for blood tests which revealed my progesterone levels were very low (1) on day 21 and went to 21 on day 23. Doc said levels needed to be 30 to conceive and has referred me to gyne. Will they put me on clomid or what kind of tests do they do at the very beginning of this?

Good luck to all you girls trying xxx
Hello I'm just doing a little update. I'm cd24 now and I'm really positive that is my month to get a BFP. I have almost no doubt about it. But I pray I'm right I have had great cm and I have had some discomfort still mostly on my right side but had some on the left as well. I'm hoping for twin but beggeres can't be choosers:) I have had nausea episodes and sleepiness alot. My breast aren't tender though. I have been feel like I am getting my af but im not due til July 9th. I never get my af early never not until at least cd31. I pray I get my bfp my Hubby deploys soon and we want this so very much.
Happy baby dust to all
Ok just wonder if it's just happening to me. It's a bit ironic how every show I watch foe the past two weeks are about someone finding out they are preggo and then today a teacher at my school brings in her 3week old grandson and he happened to look like the baby boy I had in my dream last night. I keep having dreams about me having a baby or me being preggo. I hope it's a sign...xoxox happy baby dust
Just a question to see what your thoughts are ...... I have just finished cycle 3 of clomid..... i am 1 week late but i have done 3 pregnancy tests which show neg result i visited the doctor during ovulation, he said i was definatly ovulating in the left side, he determined this through ultrasound, he said at the time my ovary was as large as the  uterus so i took this as being a good thing...... I guess i just want to know if this has happened to anyone else i am quite disheartened by the negative results i am yet to receive blood work results as my specialist is on holidays! i have had some signs of pregnancy such as mood swings, tender breasts, constipation, urinating 3 times in an hr and a half and fluttery movements in lower abdomen.... please let me know what you guys think cheers :)
Hi im 25, have had 2 cycles of clomid now and nothing happening, the first lot was on 50mg and second on 100mg. ive got a 5 year old son that i fell pregnant with on the pill, ive been trying for 2 years now and am so over it and depressed, im going back to my gyno on monday to see what he has to say now, or what he is going to do, i get really emotional when someone asks how is it all going,

if anyone has any help please feel free to let me in
Hi Larnie1985, don't give up. My husband & I have been TTC for 10 years now but never happened. Last cycle I did Clomid 100mg followed by hcg shot, then we were on our own. Even after all these years I'm still hopeful. Don't give up. Baby dusts to you.
I just turned 30 years old and I've been married for a year... My husband and I had started trying since our honey moon, 11 months ago and nothing...  I've been going to three different gynos and they have told me I have PCOS. I am very irregular with my period and i have to use birth control to regulate my period...

The last gyno i visited put me on Clomid 50 mg, and she said to start it on my day 5. and since i've been using my provera to help have my period, she thinks my ovulation cycle will be aroung my day 18th so I should be trying with the ovulation kit on my day 12th....

I am really excited of starting this new treatment... It really helps me to know I'm not alone!!! and that i'm not the only one feeling depressed to hear friends getting pregnant and my in-laws asking me when are we planing to have one! it's so frustraiting, but i'm really optimistic and I believe there is a God that loves us and that wants us to bring an angel to this world... I only ask for a healthy baby! and I really wish you all the best luck of the world!

xoxo and please also pray for me!

anaeli
Hey everyone :) I just saw my OB/GYN on Monday and he started me on Chlomid. I couldn't sleep last night and actually read through (almost) the entire thread! I was looking for hope & found it. My husband and I have been TTC for about 10 months now, but we haven't really been trying too hard because I don't get my period so I always thought, what's the point. But I'm on Provera right now & will be starting Chlomid sometime next week. I am sooo excited and nervous to start this process! I usually only got my period while on birth control and that doesn't help if you're trying to get pregnant! Anyway, I'm hoping for the best. Good luck to everyone trying! I love reading about the positive results on here :)
I have had 1 child. took 3 years to conceive, I did that the first time my husband and I used the OV WATCH.  It really works.  We now we are trying for another one/twins would be GREAT!! I have not had a period in 4 months, so taking provera now, then Clomid 50 mg straight after that, and Im going to wear my OV WATCH. I wonder what my chances of twins are???

I did post this also to say that the OV watch does help dramaticly.
ive just finished my last clomid tablet so im really excited hoping i get preg i would love twins 2 if u find out could you let me know plz i had a miscarriage first time i ever got preg which was heart breaking as me n my husband had been trying for 3 years , six months later i was preg again and was blessed with a little boy who i love loads , me n my husband av been trying for over 4 years so when the gyn prescribed this we was over the moon about it so just hope it works for us , ive only just finished my first tablet and im in alot of pain on my left side in my lower ab does any1 suffer with pain? also ive been feeling really down so took the time to read through all the thread which as given me loads of hope the success stories are great so fingers crossed and hope this keeps working for every1 , congrats to all of you that have conceived all the best shaz
I just took my last dose of 50mg Clomid today. This is my 3rd cycle with Clomid. My hubby and I started trying for number 4 last Sept. We found out we were pregnant on Christmas Eve and we were really excited. 4 days later I miscarried. We have been trying ever since. I find it hard to talk to other women who have not had a hard time trying to conceive and if I hear someone tell me to relax and it will happen or stop trying then it will happen, I think i might scream. October and November are our lucky months as all 3 of my girls were due in July. We have our fingers crossed that it works this month.
I will be starting my first round of Clomid this cycle. We have been ttc for 22 months now. All of my friends are pregnant, have babies and getting ready for baby #2 and I dont even have baby #1! I feel like a crazy person because every little baby or child I see I try to talk to and end up scaring them away! LOL! I am nervous that Clomid will not work because I ovulate just fine, have always had a normal period too. I really do not want to have to go for other treatments due to the costs of them. I just want this to work and finally get our miracle! I stress out really easy though so im going to try and relax so my body can give it a chance to work right. I feel like giving up every now and then, on ttc , not my life! Just because it is so exhausting, but every month I gain more hope!  I too am so tired of people saying its in gods hands and it will happen when he wants it to. I think that is total BS!! If that were true, why are there 7th graders and drug adicts getting pregnant!? I believe god does his best to give us the "tools" to have a baby, and what we do with that is up to us. god would never make someone go through what all of us have, nor would he want those young girls to be pregnant. And everyone who says those things, are women who never had trouble getting knocked up. There, thats my rant!

Good luck to you all! Keeping my fingers, toes crossed this month is it! Ive got a lot of "work" to do and a long wait still!

Allison
I WENT TO THE DOCTOR ON AUG 30 2010 MY DOCTOR PUT ME ON 50MG OF CLOMID DAYS 5-9 AND GAVE ME A CHART TO GO BY TO HAVE SEX AND HOW THE MEDICINE WILL WORK I DIDNT GET PREGNANT MY FIRST ROUND BUT  DID GET MY PERIOD ON THE DAY HE SAID I WILL GET IT ON DOES THIS MEAN THE MEDICINE IS WORKING I ALSO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY PERIOD I WAS AMAZE WHEN I GOT MY MENSTRAUL WHEN HE SAID IT KIND OF MADE ME FEEL HAPPY TO KNOW THE MEDICINE WAS WORKING IF ANYBODY EVER EXPERIENCE THIS PLEASE WRITE BACK
hey everyone! i have been ttc since august 2010 and started taking clomid during my october cycle- good news- i got a BFP this morning!!!!! it is 11 dpo and i used first response....baby dust everyone!!!!!!
Hi me n my husband have been ttc since sept 09 i got preggo in march n ended up loosing my ovary n tube b/c i had an eptopic in the ovary since then ive had irregular periods so my ob put me on clomid and metformin for pcos im on cd 7 now just took my 2 pill. I go in for progesterin labs on the 30 th n hcg levels on cd 30 we r praying for alittle girl. Lots of baby dust to all!
Im taking my first cycle of clomid with metformin, what days do i start to have sex,  n is it dangerous to do so before those days?

Baby dust to all!
hi im 25 yrs old and ttc for almost 2yrs after my miscarriage.i also have PCOS.im on clomiphene and metformin for the first time.so far i have no problems with the side effects.i am also trying to lose weight.now im so xcited.can't wait to have a test if the meds works for me.some get pregnant on their first try.gudluck to us all
Hi I'm new to this ttc for 18mo after a blighted ovum @ 13 weeks I'm 28 with normal 26 day cycles like clock work on time everytime took 1st round of clomid 50mg on CD3 &4 then 100mg on CD 5-7 I'm in my tww and want to test so bad but knowing its way to early to test cycle due Dec. 8th. last cycle was Nov.12 one before was Oct. 17 I hope n pray the clomid helped with my ovulating cause i think i O on my own cycles are never irregular and never have been AF for 5days like normal i don't get tender breast or anything just mild cramping on CD 2. anyone has regular cycles and taken clomid in got pg on first time???
Hi my name is Jill I got married in Oct 2010 but my husband and I have been somewhat trying for 2 yrs. I am endometriosis and had a HSg and Laparoscopy in 2005. In Oct 2008 hand another HSG to make sure the tubes were still open and they were. My periods are regular every month i range from 25-28 day cycles. I have done hope ovulation tests and was positive every month i took them usually around day 12.I took clomid 50 mg this cycle and followed it up with Premarin. I can feel something going on down there light cramping on both sides.Today is day 17 of cycle and we have been havving sex every day or every other day. I am hoping and praying for a baby even twins. If anyone else has a similir situation please let me know
They can tell if you ovulated by doing a progesterone blood test one week after you get your positive test on the OPK test. I use the Clearblue Easy digital that way its a smiley face or a empty circle and is way easier then trying to tell which line is darker or if they are equal,it pretty much takes the guess work and stress out of trying to read the stick yourself. They are a little bit pricier then the non digital but WELL worth the money spent. The ulitrsound from what I heard can tell if you have grown follicles and health of uterus but so far I have not been told to do a ultrasound to detect ovulation,just blood tests and Iam on cycle 3 of Clomid and start 150mgs this next cycle.
I was on 25 mg of clomid first cycle and just got my bfp yesterday.  I ov on my own and I missed the window for Ovidrel so was on my own.  I have been ttc for 3 yrs so it will happen! Baby dust to everyone...
i am so discouraged. my doc keeps putting me on provera and i am so ticked bc he did this now 3 months in a row. all i want is the clomid bc i dont think i am ovulating. we have a 7 and 3 yr. old and had no issues. now it is a year and still nothing. anyone else take provera for so long before starting clomid? i also was on depo up until jan of last year and didnt have a period for 3 years while on depo. and my period has still not returned normally, just spotting every month. so aggravating :(
My husband and I have been trying for another child since after our first child turned one year old in 2008. I have irregular period and they are very far apart..we' are talking 3,4 5,6 months apart! The first time we conceived came as a shock to us because the first 2 years after we got married we tried and tried with no medicinal help and nothing was happening until one beautiful day on January 25, 2007 when I found out that I was 7 weeks pregnant..imagine our surprise on that one! We felt very blessed! Now our son is 3 1/2 years old and we are more than ready for more kids but we have no luck. I have had irregular periods since I was 13 years old and our family doctor even mentioned that someday I might not reproduce, hence why my husband and I were very surprised to get pregnant naturally. Anyway, just like everyone else here, I am starting to feel depressed because everyone around me are having babies and we are desperately trying. My doctor ordered a "specimen exam" for my husband to see if everything is ok in his part, today (January24th) I got a call from the clinic for the results, his specimen turned out normal so there is obviously no problem on his side. My doctor wants to start me on Clomid and advised me to keep taking Metformin with it. I was prescribed Metformin last October 2010 and I've been taking 1000mg per day since but no positive pregnancy.
What are my chances of getting pregnant sooner on Clomid?? We are both active and healthy. Do I have any chance of conceiving twins?? I'm not keeping my hopes up too much only to be disappointed, but I'd rather have twins even triplets if I conceive..just to get it over with and have all my babies.

**Thanks (in advance) for all replies** :)

~Katy
hi, im on my 3rd cycle of clomiphene and merformin. from 41 days of cycle down to 38 days this january. i hope next month will be our lucky month. im really excited and staying positive that next month i will be preggo.

me and hubby bin trying seriously for 10 months now.  i was on the depo  for  2 years .  i haven' had any in aout 17 months and since then been thinking of another baby but as i said we started seriously in about 10 months.  i have been so stressed out.  i was tird with all the blood work and will cry verything i went in to get one ,.  .  my last blood work shows am not O'ing enough so  finally  my dr put me on clomid and i just finish my first dose (6-10) days .  i just hope it works.  i have been doing a lot of research and not seen a 6 to 10 days dose but i hope this first one wrks.  ( i did O yesterdy and been having sex everyday) lol.....wish me luck!!!! baby dust to all ..
I had my HSG on the 9th of Feb. I thought I was going to die (LOL) but everything came back normal so I'm about to start my 1st cycle of Clomid in a few days. I am 35years old been TTC for the past 8 years. I guess like most of you I feel very nervous, anxious and lost. I'm looking for a support group, women that we can share stories with and completely know what the other is going through. I'm thinking of maybe a support group through FB so if any of you would be interested please contact me mz_ivy @ msn.com
I just had my first cycle of clomid and here I am 5 weeks pregnant. God speed everyone!
just had my 3rd cycle of clomiphene and metformin. how long you guys get pregnant while taking these meds?im glad finally my period came back normal but i cant wait when will i get pregnant.
I was wondering how your luck has been!? I read your post when i was reading about clomid...I will begin to take in a few days for the first time. Your words were so painful to read?...was wondering if life has taken a positive turn for u.

Kayleen
When are you testing for your ovulation? In the morning or afternoon? I have Twins that are nine years old now. Im with a woman so getting pregnant is not as easy as some people. We tried 7 years ago and had no luck i was never able to pick up my ovulation.  We are ready to try again well i did what everything says to do by testing first thing in the morning  buying the expensive ovulation machine that never once picked it up well i never picked it up. we did that for three years i thought something was wrong with me even though after having  u/s's said nothing was wrong. Well that morning i tested neg that afternoon i tested positive i did this twice. Hope this helps.
i am going to ask my dr. this friday about. clomid. my bf and i have been trying  to get prego for alittle over 3yrs and nothing.. i have pcos and a thyriod problem. and just woundering how good it would work for me if at all? i also am on metformin er 500gm 4 tables daily and mediothroxen idk how to spell it. i take 1 for the 1st 12 days of everymonth, to regulate my period. any answers would be great. thank you and good luck to all. god bless
I am 20 years old. Me and my fiance have been trying for a baby for a year now. Im getting impatient and stressed that maybe we cant have kids. I want to try Chlomid but my doctor is a family friend and i would feel too uncomfortable going to him to get the prescription. Im thinking i should go else where. How should i go about getting chlomid? And because im young will there be a higher chance of multiple pregnancy?
Hi,am on my round two of clomid,and am desprately hoping to get a positive pregnancy result.i had a miscarriage last dec,and since then my husband and i are on it every night,i get so depressed and so worried bcos i want babies so fast,everyone around me has kids,i feel so drawn away...........am praying that this second round of clomid works for me,becos i cant stand another disappointment bcos am ovulating very welll,even before i decided to go on clomid,just to increase my chances again......i hope to post out my goodnews to you all,bcos reading your forum has greatly encouraged me alot,i feel am not alone again,cos i have you guys...thanks a great lot
sooooooooo im actually new to this kindof thing:) I'm 23 years old and just recently married on feb 12, 2011 <3 We have no children-my hubby and I- so we're VERY ANXIOUS.I am actually on my first cycle (day 3) of AYGESTIN (not provera) to bring on my pms. Ever since i was 15yrs old i've been irregular! No diagnosis of pcos, etc etc. However my dr wants to make sure im ovulating! so after my 10th day of being on AYGESTIN i am to wait to get my pms. after the 1st day of my pms i have to set up somehting calle da "21 day" where i have blood work done to see if i'm ovulating. If i AM i will just be on aygestin to bring on my opms and just be patient. if they find out im NOT ovulating i'll be trying my first round of clomid!!!! so this makes me think....do i want them to say i'm "not ovulating" so that i can be on clomid since im so impatient and want a baby like NOW???? oh boy...
Hi everyone,

I'm 28 and had be TTC for about 3 months naturally. I took my first round of 50mg clomid for 5 days and then followed that with estradiol 3mg a day for 5 days. two weeks later I took a home pregnancy test and it was Positive! I just had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks 2 days and found out that we're expecting TWINS. Stay positive everyone!
Hi everyone.  My ex-husband and I tried for years to conceive.  We even did IVF with no luck..My ex had a low count..We eventually adopted a beautiful baby girl from Guatemala, sadly we divorced before we could bring her home, but I was his power of attorney and went and got her myself!!  She is now 4 years old.  I got remarried in September. We tried for about 10 mo and were tested, we are both fine, but I just started my first round of clomid...fingers crossed!!!!!
Hello! been TTC for 3yrs/4mos now. I have PCOS and just last week I started taking Provera 10mg as prescribed. Today will be my first day/ first round of Clomid 50mg for Day3-7 of my period. Tears falling from my eyes as I read this thread. It's just disappointing and depressing that most of the people you know are pregnant now and yet... but let's all be positive, let's hope for the best and pray- the strongest alas that I have, faith in God. :)
I'm 23, married since March of 2009, been trying to conceive for almost 7 months. My Dr. put me on Provera 10mg for 10 days in May to give me a cycle ( I have gone an entire year without a period before, which is great unless you want a baby). I had a 10 day period, but never ovulated. He put me on Metformin  1000mg a day at the end of May (still didn't ovulate). Went back July 19th and he prescribed Provera 10mg for 10 days along with Clomid 50mg to take on days 4-8 of my period. So today I took my first dose of Clomid. I am trying to be as positive as possible, especially after reading all of these posts. It sounds so horrible to have been trying as long as some of these ladies with no results. I hope and pray that God will listen to all of our prayers and help us make our dreams of motherhood a reality. Life can be so unfair sometimes, but we just have to keep positive and remember God has a plan for all of us. Good luck everyone :)
I am 21 and my partner and I have been ttc for over 2yrs now. Just had my first dose of clomid 25mg as I dont ovulate on my own (this dose did induce ovulation). I have had quite a few side effects from clomid inc EXTREME mood swings (I cry over everything!!!), hot/cold flushes, cramps, headaches, aches and pains all over and feeling incredibly exhausted. Unfortunately got my period today and feeling quite horrible atm. My partners trying to be optimistic and just tells me to relax but its very hard when a majority of my friends, family and colleagues are all pregnant without much effort. Its relieving to read that i'm not the only one feeling so worthless while going through this. And also that depression can be a side effect from clomid. I have so much respect for those of you who have been trying for so long, you must be so strong to still be so positive!! All the best to all of you. Truly hoping positive results for everyone, no one deserves to go through what we are...
hi everyone i am 19 years old i have pcos and i have been trying for a baby for 1 year and 2 months with no luck i am not taking clomid or anything i no you may think i am to young but i am married and whats the diff between 19 and 20.
i wouldnt try for a baby if i thought i couldnt afford it but we can as we own 3 shop so i hope you don't judge me and just help me please because i don't no if i should go and ask my dr for help what do yous think?
thankyou to anyone who wants to help and baby dust to everyone :)
Hi i am ellie i am 18 year old  I have bin try for a baby for a year now i have a little boy it tuk me 7 months to try but sadly he passed away at 4 months n 2 weeks old of cot death / sudden infant death i have pcos i have order some clomid online just wnted to no if anyone on this site has ever taken the clomid or got the clomid online from the usa as i dont wnt it to effect me i dont have periods very often i did have alot before my little boy passed away but from then thay stopped i then had a misscariage xmas if anyone can help me can yu email me or posted on here my email is xx-elles-***@**** thanks x
Hi my name is Vicki and been ttc for 2 yrs naturally but with no luck. Have been prescribed clomid so gonna start on my next cycle. Congrats to all that have had success so far and good luck to those of you still trying xx
Hi Lili I know how you feel I lost my baby girl April 20 I was 39 weeks and the DC just said it was a freak accident. I thought about killing myself when it first happen I cried everyday. Whit the help of God and my husband things got better. I think you should let your husband know how you feel. For me it was scary telling him I wanted to kill myself but he was there for me and didn’t judge me. I understand how it seems everyone around you are having babies this makes you feel even more sad. For me Im dealing with right now how pple say after you have a baby having another one right away will be easy well not for me its been three months nothing. I will started using  clomid next month and I’m hopefully. It helped me to talk to someone about what I was feeling you should do the same. Keep your head up God makes no mistakes
I will be starting my first round of clomid soon really hoping for a positive test in a few months it's so great to see people have had success on the first round hope I'm one of those people  : ) and is there alot of side effects with clomid ???
hi, i was on the depo shot 3 months after my son was born in june 2009 and me and my hubby decided that this past january 2011 was my last shot.  It is now november 2011 and i still havent had a period but had had spotting.... i went to an obgyn and he put me on 50mg clomid for 5 days and told me to just start taking it as i hadnt hada  cycle.  I took it for days 5 to 9 and started having sex regularly pretty much every day. this past monday was day 20 and went for blood work to check progesterone levels.  I have had a couple days where i feel like i may be ovulating but took a pregnancy test a couple days ago and it was negative?? any advice on this subject on how long it could possibly take or anything i will be going back to the doctor this upcoming week and by then it will be day 29
I did my first round of clomid last month, days 5-9 50mg. I experienced tiredness, sore breast, nausea, and was very emotional. My period was also 4 days late. I was not pregnant and my GYN said it was due to high progestrone levels. I have just started my second round of clomid on yesterday, and am hoping for the best this time. I wish you lots of luck and hope that you are indeed pregnant.

I totally understand your frustration. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for two years with no success. 1&1/2 years ago my brother committed suicide. I was very close to my brother so it affected me deeply. I also wondered if stress was causing me to not be able to conceive. However, I feel if you give it enough time it shouldn't affect the pregnancy from happening. So after a year of waiting to try treatments we finally decided to try Clomid. The doctor recommended it to us a year ago, but I decided to wait because I thought stress was the reason. After waiting a year, now I finally feel I am ready for treatment. I have met people who conceived right after their loved one passed. My sister actually got pregnant six months after our brother passed. I hope this helps you and I hope things work out for you! Wish me luck on this cycle of Clomid!!
I would love to hear more about you I just star clomid  and  this week  I start with 50 gm for 5 day and I feel crappy
Hi every one

I m 26 years and married from last 3 years and never conceived naturally i have got operated twice for cyst in my right ovary and now again i have a complex cyst of 5.3 cm in my right ovary. I am taking clomiphene . it is my first week so i m really excited abt that to be honest have idea what is abt to happen but waiting for the pregnancy
Hi. I was just wondering I had a miscarge after 2nd month of colomid. I am taken it again tis is my 2nd. Wil it work for me tis time I was in 50mg
Hi everyone
My first round of clomid work but didn't get pregnant now I'm taking provera b/c I'm iregular my last pill was yesterday now just waiting for my period to start and then take clomid 100 but i don't know how long do I have to wait for my period to start after the last pill I just hope I can get pregnant this time
Good look to all and hope 2012 will be our year
My husband and I have been TTC for a yesr now, there are so many different factors in our case, we have two boys age 7 and age 4, we are trying for our third and final child hoping that its a girl!!! i had mirena put in right after the birth of my second son, ( the IUD ) and had it in for 3 years or so we had it removed the end of dec 2010 beginning of jan 2011, i was told that once an IUD is removed ( the miena anyway ) that i should be able to fall pregnant just as quick! well let me tell you this is not the case, i did a ton of research that i should have done before and found it can take up to a year for the body to get back on track after mirena, so we waited and tried and tried and waited and nothing!! I went in to see the doc and he did blood work and said i had pcos by that alone which throws me off cause i would think i needed more tests like an ultrasound or something to confirm but i trust him and went with it so he put me on metformin which was hell, it messed with my blood sugars so i eventually quit taking it, he said it was suppose to reverse pcos but i couldnt hang with it lol, so then we went in and he put me on clomid 50 mg cycle days 5-9 i did that for two months and did the charting and all and still nothing so he upped my dose to 100 mg day 5-9 for the third month and nothing!! this month is my fourth month and i decided after much research and advice that i switched myself to cycle days 3-7 this month and im hoping it works!!! me and the hubby are having sex every other day this whole month bcuse i still havent pin pointed when i ovualte so im thinking ill hit it one of those days this way lol, if this month doesnt work im going to take a few months off from trying cause u arent suppose to take clomid more than 6 conseq. months and that will leave me two months left, im am so aggravated with all this cause my doctor has not done a progesterone day 21 test i havent had any US to see if im even ovulated and come to find out my periods may not even be periods, i have them every 30-33 days but they only last about 3 days each time!!! so im right there with all of you in trying and being let down... i honestly believe that mirena done something to my fertility cause im not kidding when i say u could look at me and id could get pregnant before now i cant at all!!! good luck to everyone and baby dust to all!!!
Hi all Im new to this but definitely can relate. Me and my usband have been trying for little over a year we start our fertility testing tomorrow so im super nervous. The doctor has already mentioned Clomid Im guessing since my periods are extremely irregular. Hopefully this year we can finally get our little sea monkey weve been hoping so much for. Its nice to have women to whom relate especially since I seem to be the only of my friends with this problem. Five of my friends are currently pregnant and werent even trying at all so it is a bit of a sting but hey hopefully my day comes soon besides I do so much enjoy playing auntie to all of the babies that keep popping out. Anyways wishing everyone good luck and lots of baby dust ^_^
so what was the outcome? Im wanting to start my clomid but im wonder just how many people get twins on my 100mg of clomid?
So what happened ?
So are you PG yet?
I have been ttc for over a yr now.... I am finishing up my 2nd month being on Clomid 100mg days 2 - 11, day 12 I go and have an ultrasound done to see if there are any follicles.... Both times I had 2 follicles, DR said I'm responding very well to clomid.... I even went out and bought Pre-Seed to help.... My next af is due on the 1st of March.... I took a early pg test this morning and it came back neg.... I am feeling very nausea (my mouth is drooling like I'm about to vomit), only sometimes throughout the day, and very tired.... I had the same feeling when I got pg 3 yrs ago, but miscarried at 6 wks, they said it was a chemical pregnancy..... So I know in my heart I can convieve, its just really stressful when everyone else is getting pregnant without much effort.... I hope that the test I took this morning was wrong and I took it too early, chances of it being right was like 50%, seems how on my first month on Clomid I was a week late.... .... I wish everyone luck and hope that the Lord will bless us all with a healthy child(ren).....
Have you got pregnant . .iam also having the similar conditions . .iam on my ist cycle of clomid !
so you already had a 3 1/2 year old and then had trouble getting pregnant again? because i have 2 children i know i can get pregnant just dont know what the problem is now, and I am now on day 2 of 50mg clomid...
hi all i'm 38 yrs old. about to go on cd2 going in to see the doc today...have two already ages 17 and 9. i pray it all works out for me and all of you. stay blessed.
Hi Guys
Just a bit of hope for you.... we conceived twins on 50mg of clomid on our 6th cycle.  We had them end of last year naturally and at 38 weeks (induced). We spent years trying to conceive our baby and were finally blessed with two gorgeous bundles.  Don't give up hope!  It really does work. xox
I got my twins on 50mg of clomid. Taking it days 5-9. I got pregnant on my 6th cycle.
Do twins run in your family?
hi i am on my second does of clomid and nothing yet i need to wait to march 4 i hope i am i am really anxious how did u do it if u dont mind me asking any advise
Hey everyone. It feel so good to have people to talk to that understand the pressure of trying to conceive a child. My hubby and I have been trying for almost two years now. I have been having irregular  periods since I stop taking bc in 2009. So my doctor put me on prover. Throughout the whole 2011 I got a period while on provera then in Sept. the periods stop again. So i just wen to the doctor on Wednesday and he put me on prover to regulate my period and make sure i ovulate. I hope i be blessed with a baby on the first try. It makes me feel crazy that I am in love with  a child i havent had yet and hope that i do have. I have already pick out baby clothes and room decorations as well. I would love a lil girl or twins, but I would be happy and appreciative of a healthy baby. I am sprinkle baby dust over everyone and hope MARCH is the month for us all.
Last year in may I lost my baby,and had to have a d&c and ever since I have been trying to conceive since. My husband and I have had no luck and my cycles have been messed up. So I went to my doctor and he suggested clomid because I have no signs of ovulation. I took the first set of 50 mg on days 5 thru 9 of my cycle. I had a sonogram and showed no ovulation had occured. Now I took 100mg on march 3- march 7. It's now march 11 and having a painful spot in my lower abdominal area. I don't see my doc till the 14 for another sonogram. Does anyone know what this pain is or have they experienced anything like it?
Hello all, we are fairly new to clomid my first cycle was a failure, I feel like it was given to us too late... my LMP was Feb 11, and I didn't start clomid till days 6-10, so I think someone miscommunicated somewhere.  We went to get a vaginal ultrasound, and it showed that I had a large follicle 1.73 cm but this  was too small according to my RE for pregnancy, bc we were technically on day 27. So he gave me progesterone to get my period and then days 2-6 I'll be taking clomid 100 mg a day... we've been ttc for 1 year I am 29 yrs of age, and have been getting irregular periods since I can remember. This is my 2nd cycle of clomid and I'm already feeling like we wasted our first one bc of the days I had to take it.  Now just waiting for AF to arrive and still NO sign of that either... good luck to all~
I heave 4 children (all naturally and got pregnant 1st or 2 nd try very easily). Now that my youngest daughter is turning 4 we are getting frustrated. Trying for baby #5 for 2 years, finally gave in and had the testing done (cycle monitoring) and all tests came back perfect. I am 35 years old and just started my first month of clomid. Has anyone ever had children easily then all of a sudden struggle to get pregnant? I am keeping my fingers crossed as my heart is set on adding one more little miracle to our family
I have 4 children (all naturally and got pregnant 1st or 2 nd try very easily). Now that my youngest daughter is turning 4 we are getting frustrated. Trying for baby #5 for 2 years, finally gave in and had the testing done (cycle monitoring) and all tests came back perfect. I am 35 years old and just started my first month of clomid. Has anyone ever had children easily then all of a sudden struggle to get pregnant? I am keeping my fingers crossed as my heart is set on adding one more little miracle to our family
My case is same like u. I am first dose of clomid. So i have confusion that I should try for pregnancy in this first cycle or wait for one month and then try in the second cycle of the clomid?. My progrestone is alos low and I took firts provera .
Hey, im almost 33 years old and i have a son that is getting ready to turn 15 years old. My husband and i have been trying to have a child now for 8 years and no luck...i started my first round of clomid 100mg on april 4. We will find out on april 29, if it worked...i hope so. Im tired of crying myself to sleep at nights when i find out the pt turned out bfn....we really want another baby. I wish everyone lots of luck and baby dust.... plz pray for us.
hi Angela, you said you got pregnant with twins on your 6th cycle.
So...did you take C during 6 months? or did i get it wrong?
thank you!!!
Hello ladies, well last month i got a bfn so im on my second round of 100mg clomid this month. But im scared it wont work  because it made me start 5 days late and im never late. My cycle are normally no more than a 24 day cycle. But this month i started on the 29th day. And when i took my clomid 100mg this month, i didnt have any side effects. So now im really worried that it wont work this month either. Has this happened to anyone else before. Please let me no if anyone knows if this means that it wont work for me this month. Im scared that it wont, and im thinking next month maybe i should just take two 100mg a day, so that im taking 200mg a day. Im desprate. We have been trying now for 8 years. With no luck. I hope i get my bfp this month or i guess ill try 200mg a day next month. Does anyone have any suggestions. Please anything would help. Thanks ill pray for you all and i wish all of you lots of luck and baby dust. Please do the same for me.
i just started clomid im on 50mg...i just wanted to know what symtoms (symptoms) did u have when u finished the pills ...im finished my pills (days 5-9) and im getting stabbing pains sometimes and real bad heartburn sometimes i feel like i need to throw up but cant...
I am a 44 yr old woman trying to get pregnant w/o success for 11/2 yrs now. My Dr said i had a tiny fibroid which they removed and now he said my tubes are blocked. I kinda feel he doesn't give a **** really, like you are too old and blah blah and blah. Does anyone have any ideas how to unblock your tubes and also he went to straight to invitro options and never offered me clomid at all.  Im Military and they will only pay some cost which leaves in the hole heavily. I am fed up and want to know if there maybe a chance of i can get any lucky or if this happen to anyone?
Hi dear..... me and hubby have been trying to conceive for about 3 years.......im on my first round of clomid 50mg.....and today is my cd21.....i have been dreaming about me having a baby or hugging a neighbors kids..... my dreams has been all about babies latley.....i have a lab test tomorrow.....and im hoping to hear a good news in a couple days.....i have been checking my ovulation .....and i ovulated a few days....with the will of god im hoping to get preggo...at the end of this month...!! good luck to everybody and baby dust...!!!
Reading your posts gives me so much HOPE!!!
I am 40 and have always been in 28 day cycle. I'm healthy & tested good as well as my hubby.
TTC 10 months. My Biological clock is ticking & having a baby/family would be miraculous.
Did Clomid 100mg first time last month.
It's been 34 days since my period, however, my BBT chart shows I'm just 6 DPO.
Last 48 hrs I have been cramping low and my nipples are miserably tender.
Today....NO FLOW & WAITING!!!!!!!
Can anyone relate or help me understand ?
I'm so afraid to test or get my hopes up only to be let down.....AGAIN.
Hi, My partner and i have been TTC for a year and a half i just recently found out i have PCOS my Dr was Confused on why i had PCOS i had no sings and im a size 8 so he couldnt tell me to lose the weight, my last period was 29th of December 2011 so my Dr put me back on the pill on the 10th of September 2012 for 10 days on the 24th i woke up to a period day 2 of my cycle i was told to take clomid for 5 days then day 11-16 have intercorse on day 21 i went for a blood test and i had a great sucsess i ovulated!! :) i am now experiencing signs of pergnancy light headed always off to the toilet i was conctipated and i have cramps every now and again i also have been vometimg but at night after i eat food i took a pregnacy test but it was negative i still havent had another period i see the Dr on saturday and will find out for sure if i have concived wish me luck!!! and lots of baby dust!!
I am sorry to hear.  I had a similar story.  I found out that it is not likely that a miscarriage would be brought on by a few drinks in the first trimester, there are just alot of things that can go wrong in the early months.  I am trying clomid for the first time this month and hoping for the best also.  I was very stressed my first pregnancy and I think that has alot to do with my miscarriage.  I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy, best of luck to you!
Im so encouraged by all your posts it's incredible how strong women are.
I live in Nigeria and been married 10months, been ttc from my honeymoon.
I wish to start clomid, tho I have regular cycles I just really wanna start a family now! Lol. I wonder if I have any increased chances, does anyone Have advice for me?
Hi. I turned 36 in September and married a younger guy in May. He wasn't in board with having a baby but now is. I have regular cycles and no problems that I am aware of. I have been pregnant before but miscarried years ago so know that I can conceive. I found out last month I didn't ovulate after having symptoms of being pregnant. This is my first month of taking 50mg of clomid. I found out today that I ovualtion and my thyroid was normal. Good news. Today is day 24 and the last two days I'm having excessive bloating, very tender breasts and very noticeable larger nipples, light cramping and pressure, blue veins visual in breasts, more tired....... Does this happen to everyone who takes clomid or does this sound like pregnanct symptoms. My breasts are never like this before my cycle. Any feedback would be appreciate. Thanks!
Hi..
Clomid has ny side effects like autism? I am having pcos n irregular periods. Please tell me if clomid results in any birth defects.?
i am 25 years old been tring for over a year. Just started my first round of clomid im on 50mg. Im nerves i already have a adorable 5yr old but im ready for another. Im hoping clomid can help im worried about miscarriage tho i hear and read lot about them with clomid. best wishes for everyone
Hello, Ladies I am a 22yr Me and my husband have been trying to concieve (conceive) for a little over a year he is a much older guy. I have a 4yrs son with no problems but  now that we want to try for another baby we've had no luck I've been tested and everything came back normal my Dr can't explain my not having periods for months at a time. My Dr prescribed clomid for me and I havent started yet I was told to take the pill days 3-7. How will i know when to test to see if Ihave a opk. My question is has anyone gotten a BFP the first round??? Fingers Crossed..
Hi just want to tell my story u have pcos an been tryin to get pregnant for 3 1/2 yrs... I have had 15 cycles of clomid 50mg-100mg i was due to start injections on next cycle so was just waitin for my period an didnt even try to get pregnant... Was confused when no period come but had all symtoms (symptoms) for one so took a test an surprise surprise i am pregnant :) so happy only about 6 wks gone so keepin everything crossed all goes well... Ladies it may take time but never give up... Wishing you all the luck an baby dust in the world xxz
Viewing 201-340 comments: