Maternal & Child Community
Swimming while pregnant
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swimming while pregnant

Is it safe to swim in the lake while pregnant
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
To be honest I don't know. I know it's safe to swim. I honestly don't think it would be a problem swimming in a lake or river even if your pregnant unless there was toxic waste in the lake. lol. Your baby is well protected in its nice little home.
Blank
It's actually one of the best ways to keep in shape and stretch your body during pregnancy.  Not only is it safe, but it's recommended.  I can't swim and if I could, I would do it every day of my pregnancy.  If your dr believes that your pregnancy is not high risk, I say go for it and enjoy.
Blank
154929_tn?1196191338
They say it is fine as long as you have not lost your mucus plug.
Blank
116879_tn?1266519849
Okay , I always get on my "soap box" about this.....I cannot rave more about swimming.  I swam up until my 38th week.  Not only did it keep me cool in summer, significantly keep my weight down, help me sleep better, etc etc.  I don't know why more women don't do this.  It is the best thing I ever did and I had such a wonderful pregnancy after I started it as it helped ease aches and pains and totally relax me.   Know, finding a good sport-maternity swimsuit is a whole other issue---they just don't make them!  Soooo suck it up, and get a very big speedo size --that is what I did.

I say, swim, swim, swim!  As long as your doc okays it.
Blank
I have had a lower back pain with this pregnancy, my doctor told me to get in a pool. Just be sure not to over due it. I have heard of some people even doing water aerobics during pregnancy.
Blank
164559_tn?1233711618
I agree with deco, swimming is wonderful for you during your pregnancy.  I swim right up until I start to dilate.  I do aquafit, take the kids to the pool, etc.  If hte lake is safe for swimming it is the perfect place to take the pressure off your joints.  My babies love it, I can feel my little girl rolling everytime I swim.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...