Maternal & Child Community
TOOK OUT IUD CAN I GET PREGNANT ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

TOOK OUT IUD CAN I GET PREGNANT ?

HI, EVERYONE
I TOOK OUT MY IUD IN JUNE 21ST AND MY HUSBAND AND I WOULD LIKE TO GET PREGNANT AGAIN BUT I JUST TOOK IT OUT DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT TILL I CAN GET PREGNANT AGAIN? OR CAN YOU TELL ME. IF YOU HERD IF ANY STORYES ABOUT WOMAN WITH I IUD IF THEY GET PREGNANT WHEN THEY TOOK OUT THE IUD. THANKS
I think that most Dr. will advise you to wait one AF cycle. When I took my out a year ago, my Dr. was fulish enough to tell me that I would not be fertile for at least two weeks. Sure! Got prego the same month lost it in m/c. My advise, give it one Af for your uterus to get back to normal. I am now 13w prego again. Good luck
do you have any kids now? why did u get it to begin with ?
I HAVE TWO KIDS AND WITH MY SON AND DIDN'T WANT TO GET PREGNANT AGAIN SO THAT IS WAY I GET THE IUD. BUT NOW I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ONE MORE BABY SO I CAN HAVE THREE KIDS AND I AM GOING TO TRY TO GET PREGNANT AGAIN MY HUSBAND AND I WOULD LIKE ONE MORE BABY.
hi i think you can although iam not 100% sure myself. I had a copper coil removed end of May (30/05/06 to be exact) and i got my period the following day (01/06/06) and since then i have another period exactly 28 days after (29/06/06) my normal cycle it seems but lasted 3days (instead of five with the coil).Unfortunately i have postponed ttc because of marital problems hence, why iam not 100% sure but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I know two people who had iud removed and conceived less than six months post removal so i doubt its going to be a problem.

Do you have any children??? The question is irrelevant but i just wanted to point out that the two had previously conceived. Although i dont know if it is related.

Good luck and lots of babay dust to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you tell me how it goes

Cheers!!!!
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR BABAY DUST I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF I GET PREGNANT. THANKS
I had a copper and took mine out I believe around June or July of last year. I forgot what month. I became pregant immed and had an ectopic pregnancy which was removed in Sept. I got pregnant 2 to 3 months later and now I am almost 33 weeks pregnant. The IUD should not mess up your cycle or the timing of Ovulation once removed. The IUD does not alter the releasing of your eggs so you should be able to get pregnant.
I had mine out in Nov, got pg with a chemical pg in Dec, but got pg again in Feb and am now almost 24 weeks. It doesn't take long to get pg once it is out : )

Andi
fyi- my sil got pregnant with it in!  when she figured she was pregnant (8 weeks!) the dr. took it out and all was fine.
HI,YOU DID NOT STEP ON MY TOES YOU ARE TRYING TO HLPE ME AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
i didnt mean to step on any toes, i only asked because i know 3 people who had it inserted because of health risks from a prior preg. If there is no health conditions from the past you'll be just fine. Good Luck
My friend got pg the 1st cycle after she got her IUD out.
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR INFORMATION I HOPE I CAN GET PREGNANT WITHIN NEXT THE NEXT MONTH OR NEXT. BUT I HOPE IT WILL COME SOON SO THANKS AGAIN I WILL LET YOU GUYS KNOW IF I GET PREGNANT.