Maternal & Child Community
TTC.... lower abdomen hurting and back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hello All,

My DH and I are TTC (for about a month or so) and for the past few days I have noticed a few "changes".  My lower abdomen feels like a tightening/cramping/hurting sensation that seems to be nagging for the past couple days, even during the night.  Also, I am a stomach sleeper at night and for the past couple nights it feels different laying on my stomach...almost like I am laying on a round ball or something...it almost hurts a little.  In addition, I noticed I have some back pain and perhaps I am just imagining it, but it seems like my stomach is a little queasy the last couple days.  Did anyone have these signs early in pregnancy?  My breasts are not really sore, but today my nipples hurt like crazy if I touch them.  Just wondering.  My AF is due sometime next week, I think, if it is gong to be a 28 day cycle.  My last AF was really weird...I spotted brown for a week, then heavy for 2 days, then brown spotting again for a day or two (posted about it a month ago).  At that time I thought maybe I was pregnant, and made an appt. with my doctor for today, but cancelled it yesterday thinking that I wasn't.  Anyway... jsut looking for some feedback from anyone on the mild stomach cramping.  Thanks, and sticky babydust!
sounds like it could be early pregnancy symptoms (but to be clear pregnancy symptoms and af symptoms are very similiar and could be the same - which i'm sure you know already). all i know is that before i got a positive for both my pregnancies i had a dull feeling in my stomach just in the mornings when i'd wake up, but as soon as i'd get up and at 'em the feeling would subside. get your hopes up, but not too high so that they don't have such a long fall should it just be af symptoms - although hoping for you it's not - that it's pregnancy related. good luck.
Thanks for the positive wishes, Berko.  I really hope it is not af!!!   **fingers crossed**
I had those same symptoms before I took my HPT over the weekend. It was a BFP within a minute!!! I would be hopeful, but wait until the test tells you!!! Good Luck sweetie and welcome to Yahoo too! I'm on there too, my name's Kendra. lots of sticky babydust to you****************************************(((HUGS)))
Everything sounds as though it could be early pregnancy symptoms except the 'sleeping on a round ball' sensation. Even at a month pregnant the baby is only the size of a grain of rice so the sensation you're descirbing is not caused be sleeping on the baby. But again, everything alse sounds as though it could be pregnancy!
I agree entirely with Fanni.  I'm at 21 weeks and honestly only in the last two or three have I had that "sleeping on a round ball" feeling, though I've been watching for it because I want to be careful about sleeping on my stomach once it comes.  Good luck, I hope this is your month!
in the open forum 2 days ago, you said your dh was not ready to TTC. did he change his mind already? you also said you were 5dpo then, so its a little early for pregnancy symptoms.
Thanks for the well-wishes everyone!!  Another note on the "sleeping on a round ball" sensation:  not sure how to describe it...it just feels uncomfortable, like I am laying on a pillow or something in that area.  I also have had trouble falling asleep and staying asleep on my stomach, when usually once I am on my stomach I am out like a light and sleep well. Hope nothing is wrong with me, like a cyst on my uterus or something. I had cramping about a month ago when I thought I had implantation bleeding, but then cramping went away a week or so after the heavy 2-day bleed, and I thought maybe I had a miscarriage, or just a weird period. Now it seems like the cramping has come back.  I am not sure when/if I ovulated yet this cycle.  I am due for my AF on/around Sunday.  My DH and I BD'ed on the 23rd and 28th, which both dates should have been too late to get pregnant, but I have not really seen any slippery CM like I usually do when I am ovulating. I guess in the back of my mind I am still wondering if the abnormal period I had the first week of August was implantation bleeding, even though 2 HPTs I took were BFNs (my DH and I BD'd on July 13th, when I was ovulating). I don't know...I probably am not and just have wishful thinking.  Just wanted to check with all of you.  Thanks for the support!  I'll let you all know if I do get the BFP sometime soon!  Sticky baby dust to all!
Sorry for TMI. Didn't mean to offend anyone. I tend to go into too much detail sometimes.  Won't do it again. I guess I will watch what I post from now on.
Well, to be honest I would have thought you were less crazy if you hadn't "explained" so much.  I now know more about your sex life than I do about my own!

GL with the TTC.  Hope your husband gets more enthusiastic about it eventually.
i got lost after puerto rico.
You're lucky, I got sucked into reading the whole thing and now my virgin eyes are burning.
Well, then you missed the orange gel part.  That was the only part I could relate to.
WHOAAAAAA.... wow.... I think that is all I can say!
Hi Nickle14,  Yes...you are right.  I can not figure my DH out. He has been like this since I met him...very "moment to moment" if you will. He knew for awhile I wanted to start trying in August. Since the beginning of the year he has been smiling and saying "whatever" or "yeah right", but at the same time we have been having unprotected sex.  We were in agreement that this would be the year to start trying, that's why we both agreed last Nov. for me to stop taking the pill to get my body ready and get my periods back to normal.  We were on vacation in Puerto Rico in July and on the 13the we had sex, and I think I was ovulating.  I kept teasing him saying that I was pregnant beginning the day after, and he would just smile and say "oh whatever".  He said I am not going to get pregnant the first time trying. He thought maybe I was pregnant earlier this month too, and told me to call the doctor when I was having my bleeding. However, whenever he gets mad at me for whatever reason, he mumbles things like, "I don't even know if I want to have kids".  But on the 23rd of this month when I was laying in bed watching tv at night he bribed me to turn of the tv if we had sex, so of course I agreed. Then he asked me for some *pleasure* on the 28th of this month, and when I got out my handy orange-tasting "gel" to mask the taste, he said that we shouldn't use it because it acts as a spermicide.  We started with a BJ for him and finished we sex. See...this is what I mean... I never know when he is being serious or not because one day he says one thing, the next day he says something else, and all the while his actions are saying something completely different!!  MEN!!!  I will never figure them out!! LOL!  So to answer your response:   Yes...I did post that, and yes, you  are right, it hasn't really been long enough for me to have pregnancy symptoms, but maybe I am pregnant from our July BDing?  Anyway....sorry for the long post, but I felt I needed to explain myself so you don't think I am crazy!!  Thanks for yoru response!  Baby dust!
dont worry. we dont get offended easily. we just get tired of reading.