Tamiflu while nursing???
Hey Girls-
   Been another 4 months since I've been on here! Three kiddos don't leave much time for internet!!  Question...our 7 year old daughter was diagnosed with influenza A today and then put my the rest of us on Tamiflu to prevent it.  Jett is 10 1/2 months old and I'm still nursing- he still nurses about every 3-4 hours.  Everything I read on the internet and in the handout that came with the Tamiflu says it's unknown if it passes into breastmilk however I called lactation at both the hospital I delivered at AND our local children's hospital where they have lactation on staff as well and both said it was totally fine to take and that anymore, everything says "do not take if breastfeeding" because everyone wants to cover their behinds!!  They want me to take 1 per day for 10 days so that I don't get it.  We have a 4 year old with Special Needs and asthma so that is who they are worried about (and of course the baby).  They didn't even give my 7 year old Tamiflu- just the rest of us!!!  Poor baby!  Let me know what your thoughts are on this,  Thanks and hope everyone is doing well! I'll post a new picture of Jett!  I can't believe I'm planning his first birthday!! AHHH!
WOW- don't know what happened there!  Apparently I can't type!!  How about "and then they put the rest of us on Tamiflu to prevent it." WOW!! I need sleep!!!
I am sure it is fine!!! Its reassuring you talked to the lactation consultant and they gave you the green light!!!

I hope your little one (well not so little anymore) feels better!!! I will pray that noone else in the family gets it! God Bless
I know this isn't exactly answering your question, but my friend's 2 year old just got dx'd with influenza A and they were directed to give her Tamiflu.  They did so and it really seemed to help control/reduce the symptoms without any noticeable side effects.  Hope your little one feels better soon.
i'd take it- benefits definitely outweigh the risks, especially in this situation. remember- they give tamiflu to pregnant women as well. hope your little one feels better soon and that the rest of you stay healthy.  
Thanks girls! So far the rest of us are doing fine but my poor little sweet pea still has a fever of 102.9.  She tells me she "feels fine"' but has the fever and cough. Makes me nervous.  I'll keep you posted!  I went ahead and took the Tamiflu so we're on day 2!!!