Maternal & Child Community
Totally devistated when I got home last night

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

ok I'm a diaper changing fanatic I look at it like this I know I wouldn't want wait til I had a full diaper to be changed .....so I don't care if I have to change 5 diapers in 15 minutes.....anyways normally my mom comes to my house and keeps my babies and I have drawer in my changing table that I fill every night with diapers and wipes and they usually go through the whole drawer of maybe 20-25 diapers in a day...( my little ones fuss if even a little bit wet) well my mom fell the night before and wasn't going to be able to show up so I asked my neighbor who is in the process of opening and day care if she could possibly watch them for the day......so she said sure no trouble and I didn't worry a bit.....but every time I'd call to check on them she said they were being really fussy......now my babies are usually happy all day and fussy all night so I thought maybe they just aren't used to her.....well when I got home she was giving me the low down from the day....and she told me Mekaila pooped and had a few good wet diapers.....and Jacob didn't poop but had 2 good wet diapers.....2!!!! I was so upset to know my babies were unhappy all day because they had to sit in wet diapers for long periods of time.....I just cried and their little bottoms were just beat red.....NEVER I mean NEVER again will I trust them to anyone besides Grandma....I'll call in sick if she can't make it....I feel like such a bad mom leaving them with her now.
wow, you do change a lot. haha I thought I was bad.  My dd never makes a fuss over her diapers and she has only had one rash (she is 17 months old).  I only go through about 15 diapers a day - if that.  Your little guys are fine - of course you are not a bad mom and they were safe - you left them in safe hands, the woman took good care of them she just does not change diapers as much as you.  You are a great mom - nobody will treat your kids like you or grandmom but you did leave them in safe hands.
Thanks I just feel bad knowing they were upset all day and it was for a reason that could have be simply remidied
Kim-you still go through 15 diapers a day?
You are a great mom and you left your babies in good hands. Don't worry-I know it is so hard not to worry when you are a new mom but you are doing a great job.
mine usually go through 30-40 total a dat but 20-25 while I'm at work....so when there was only maybe 5 gone all day I was upset....I guess I should have told her but I just assumed everyone knew to change a baby when they got potty not to wait til the diaper weighs more than the baby
I agree with the other posters, you left them in safe care she just doesnt' change as frequently as you.  I am sure if she kept them again and nicely mentioned that they are fussy if they are wet she would know to check for that and change more frequently.  

I know this is OT, but how is the pumping going?
Yes newborns go through alot of diapers. You don't mean 40 diapers each do you? My daughter is 17 months old now and she goes through alot less diapers now-thank god!!
15 if that - normally 10 or so I guess.  She poops at least 3 times a day and normally waits till I chage her wet diaper to do it.  since she is on pedasure I think that produces more wet diapers too.  I brought out the potty but she just played with it.
they can go through 40 a day between them.....The pumping isn't going well I think I'm gonna give up  again for one I'm not getting enough to give them both even a swallow and for 2 very seldom can I pump on time at work it's hard but home it's really hard to get time between the needs of my babies.
Kim-Yes, Avery does that too, she poops after I change her wet diaper, she only wants to poop in a clean diaper!! I was thinking wow I must be a terrible mom, Avery only goes through about probably 7 or 8 diapers a day. Unless she poops multiple times right after I change her!
Brandi I am with you, Brayden is 4 1/2 months old and he hates and I mean HATES a wet diaper! He doesn't 'cry' he just yells uncontrollably! We go through about 18 - 22 diapers a day too. And the reason we are so on the ball with him is because he will break out the second you leave a wet diaper on him for long. I wake up two times a night and change him even if he doesn't want anything to eat! And about you stopping pumping, I don't blame you, you gave them the best you could for as long as you could. I know what it is like not producing enough, I can just imagine how  you feel not being able to produce enough for 2! Keep up the good work and if you have to leave them again just make sure you really STRESS how they HATE it when they are wet and they WILL be fussy! Maybe next time she will take that as a hint when she hears them crying!
They loath being wet or dirty and I uaually don't wake them up but I do change them when they wake up to eat but during the day the moment I feel them a little soggy it's off to the changing table....and Jacob is just like Brayden he will break out too...