Maternal & Child Community
Treatment for Acute Infection in the Placenta

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

My pregnancy was complicated with bleeding thru the 16th week.
During my 12 week of pregnancy I began to have greenish and deep yellow discharge.  I approached my doctor about a suspected infection.  I was told an infected placenta, if I had one, could not be treated.  I went into early labor in the 16th week and gave birth to a lovely boy who passed shortly afterwards.  Analysis of the placenta showed an acute infection.

Is it true their is no procedure to identify and treat intra uterin infections?
I also had this infection and when I was 16 weeks I began to go into labor to expell the placenta.  I have been reading literature on it possibly being related to a listerosis infection migrating to the placenta.  In this case it is not treatable with antibiotics.  The only way to get rid of the infection is to expell the placenta.  Here is the link to the research I found if your interested.  It was very traumatic for me and I wanted answers so still researching more.  Let me know if you have any more questions.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/11/061130081354.htm
this just recently happend to me i was lucky to make it to 32 weeks this time!! no it wasnt the first time! the first time i was 28 weeks and my little girl is doing great!! the second time i was 31 weeks and well my lil boy has cerabl palsy!! and now i have a new baby that is 4days old and she is perfectly fine thanks to god!! it started with me bleeding like i did with the others and agian they had no idea what was wrong and then all of a sudden my water broke like all the other times!! Now i have been told because of all this it is highly recomended to get my tubes tied or next time it could cause death to me the child or both!! I am so sorry for anyone has lost a child because of this i to have lost a child but it was from other reasons so i know how it feels to lose alittle one my heart goes out to all of you!!!