Ttc with cervical dysplasia
Hi - I had an abnormal smear last may - hsil. By the time I got results I was already pregnant so Dr recommended no invasive treatment until after pregnancy except colposcopy without biopsy at 16 wks, which showed a small area on my cervix which looked like cin ii. Unfortunately I lost my baby in late October due to turners syndrome. I went for repeat colposcopy and biopsy last week and cervix looked clear on visual inspection so no letz was done, unfortunately biopsy results will not be back until febuary & if I do still have hsil then I will probably not get appointment for letz til March which means that it will be + 6 weeks so late April/may before we can start ttc again. I can't bear all this waiting, we are so heartbroken after losing our daughter & all I want to do is go again. Everyone says u are extra fertile in first few months after birth, however we will probably miss this window as it will be 6/7 months later. How likely or unlikely is it that the hsil has reversed or cleared on it's own given that my cervix looks normal now? And if it is still there, Is postponing treatment by another 9 months really that big a deal? I'm 37 & we have no other children. Would really appreciate input from others with similar experience or health professionals - thanks
Hi!
Am so sorry for your loss! I am not sure why the biopsy results are taking so long. Usually they are available maximum in a week, depending on the pathology lab's report. Yes, considering your age, time is not on your side. It would be best to take a second opinion, and maybe consult an infertility specialist. Yes, you can go for a earlier treatment/second opinion and if all is clear go ahead with planning the next pregnancy. Also, though most women conceive in first few months after miscarriage/abortion, they conceive even after first 5-6 months also. I would sincerely advise you to take a second opinion. Take care!
I live in Ireland & 6 weeks is the standard time for smear & biopsy results as it's done through thebpublic health service, similar  in uk according to google.  If I need the lletz I may be able to pressure them to give me an earlier appointment if there's a cancellation or something. Are you responding from USA? It's frustrating to know it can be done in such a short timeframe elsewhere - oh well!
Thank you so much for your reply x