Maternal & Child Community
Tubal reversal and having more then 3 C-sections

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi. I am new and enjoyed reading all the info and  reply's to all the forums and needed to join to ask some advice. I am in my early 30's and have had my "tubes tyed" almost 5 years ago. I have 3 children ranging from 10-almost 5. I had all of them by C-section and ever since my last child my menstralcycle has gone bad. I have had 3 brushes with cervicle cancer, and am now being tested for endo. I always felt in the back of my mind it was the tubal.  I have read some things online saying it could be possible and some women have had it reversed for that reason, although I never did see any clinical prof...but do we need it in all cases?. I have also heard that getting pregnant could help with endo. Which is really funny cause my husband and I want another baby but never thought it really possible cause of the 3 c-sections and all the problems I have had. So my question is 2 wrapped up in one and sorry if that is to much ...I will understand if only one can be aswered.
My question is : Could it be possible that having a tubal reversal could help with some of the problems I have been having and is it possible that I could perhaps have another baby?    please help give me some direction on wether or not I should be looking further into this or not.  Thank-you kindly:)
sorry it is me again just wanted to say I hope I posted this in the right catigory? If not what one should I have?....thanks
i don't see how there could be any correlation between tubal ligation and endometriosis.  Although, I do know many women who indicate their periods are really heavy after a tubal.  

As far as looking into it more, here is a website i found that gives info on tubal ligation in general and mentions endometriosis:

http://www.tubal.org/IQtestA.htm

and here is one on endo that mentions tubal ligation:

http://www.bioscience.org/books/endomet/end01-33.htm

disclaimer:  have no idea if the info on these sites is accurate, but it is a place to start. :)
I have had three csections and I am about to have number 4.  Good luck I hope you find the answers you are looking for!
I read your letter, I don't know if I can answer your questions but I'll tell you my experience.  I had 4 c-sections and was 25 years old.  With the 4th one I had a tubal ligation.  My husband and I changed our minds about wanting more children and after much discussion and prayer had a reversal.  I was then 32 years old.  Exactly one year after the reversal,we had a baby girl with no complications.  Since that time we have had 3 more and are expecting our last towards the end of Jan. 07. So far so good.  The doctors checked the uterus each time and I was aware that there were risks, although I did not have any problems.
After tubes were tied my periods were horrible too.  After the reversal they and my pms went back to normal.  Doctors insist that it had nothing to do with the sugery, but I have read about others having the same problem and mine have been normal ever since.  I will not have another.  We will do something else.  So anyway that's my story. We have had eight healthy c-sections and preg. and babies and are expecting one more. Just 2 months left!  I hope all goes well for you. Babies are a blessing! DDRay
If you do have endo, a pg can help with it. I had a friend with severe endo & she was told by her dr. that if she got pg it would help. Good luck!
Thank you so much for your replies. The web sites were very helpful and made a lot of sence. I had looked at them a few times. I really am hopeful now after reading DDrays comment. WOW 8 C-sections that is awsome, good luck with this last one in January. Thank-you much girls. I also just wanted to let you know I made a doctors appt. for Dec 6 cause I decieded I am gonna get my tubes untied wether I can have another baby or not.
Hope everything goes well for you in surgery, I'm sure it will. I'm glad that I could encourage you a little.  We wouldn't know what to do with out all these little ones that we have been blessed with since the reversal.  I am anxious to get it all done with though ( the surgery and stuff) I'll think about you on the 6th and say a prayer. Until later.
I am 38 years old had a tubal almost 8 years ago after my last baby, I remarried a great guy who wants a baby am I told old to have a reversal or would Invitro be a better shot? Can someone tell me how the tubal reversal surgery went and how the recovery was, how long before you can get pregnant??? I would like to have a baby before I am 40!!!!
I am writing due to the fact that I have had four c sections and after my four my tubes were cut tied and burnt I think now I am wanting another does any one know what the risk are and I had a thin uterus with my last child please anyone respond thanks