Two year old's rash won't go away
Hello. This is my first post on the community, and I joined because I am concerned about my cousin. She's a few months away from turning two years old, and she had chicken pox about three weeks ago. The chicken pox have faded, but during her infection she also managed to get a rash on the back of her thighs/side of her thighs, as well as on her hand. They itch her terribly, although her chicken pox have pretty much gone away. From far away you don't notice them, but when you come closer it looks like a rash. A dramatic amount of tiny tiny bumps in each area, and they're sometimes really red, or sometimes just look like normal skin color. I thought it might be roseola or something, but she is often around her other cousins, who vary in age from around two/three to about fourteen, and none of them have caught anything even remotely similar, not even her chicken pox. She's been going to the doctor a lot, but the doctor's where I am are not that great, and she can't find anyone to diagnose her properly, and it is difficult to fly out of the country to find a doctor. Two days ago she had a dramatic fever and her mother kept her at home to sleep it off, and the next day she was totally fine, but that rash won't go away.

I'm really worried about her, and was wondering if anyone had any /clue/ as to what it was, and if there are any non-medical procedures to help calm the rash or get rid of it, until they can dig up a decent doctor. Her mother has done a lot to help her although I'm not sure what medicines she is taking, such as giving her a bath twice a day, changing her sheets and hand washing all her clothes and her blankets every night. She's given her vaseline and various other creams but nothing is helping!

Anyone's advice or input would be greatly, /greatly/ appreciated. Thank you.
Have you ever heard of Fifths Disease?  Its not actually a disease, but a virus, and can have a rash that reddens and then goes away and comes back.
fifth's disease brings a rash that appears only after a high fever breaks. i know you said she has chicken pox, but did she have a high fever? could also be roseola. in either case, not much you can do but let it run its course. if its not itchy or bothering her in any way and she has no fever or other virus like symptoms, i wouldn't worry.
oh - she did have a fever. def could be roseola or fifth's disease then.
Actually, I dont think it appears only after a high fever.  I think the rash appears
after a low-grade fever, if one at all.  I think it usually starts with very red cheeks
that happen intermittently (after a nap, or running, or getting too hot) and then can
spread to the extremities with a lace like rash.
you're right. sorry. i just looked it up. i got the two confused. rosela comes after the fever breaks. but there is almost always a fever. fifth's disease is a cirus presenting itself in a rash form and the patient is usually no longer contangious once the rash appears. if there were no symptoms of a virus before the rash though, its unlikely its fifths disease. its also a very distinct pattern, as you mentioned, maybe the OP could look up some pictures online.
my son just had roseola.. and he ran a fever of 104 for 3 days then broke out into a rash only on his stomach and back and a little on his face.. roseola doesn't itch.. has your cousin had any vacs. latlely like MMR?
and fifths disease only appears on the face, it looks like you just got slapped!!
can you tell me more details on the rash, is she still running a fever? if so how high is it? does her throat hurt, are her glands swollen?
She's not running a fever anymore, and she's had the rash since she had chicken pox, it developed with the chicken pox, and it hasn't gone away. She's had it for almost four weeks now, and it's on her hands and her legs, most of her thighs now, actually. She doesn't have anything on her face, or her stomach I don't think. And it is incredibly itchy, and she's always scratching at it. : / Is there anything that could cut down on the itchiness at least?

Thanks for all of your input!
try an oatmeal bath..or  Calomine lotion..has there been a change in laundry soap? you mentioned that her mom washes her bedding everyday..
can you take a picture of it and post it?? if I could see what it looked like that would be helpful..
i think hydrocortizone cream the itching
*for
my son is three and has had a rash sense he was about 6months old doctors keep giving him creams but it only makes it worse any ideas???