Umbelical hernia question
My 6 weeks old son has Umbilical hernia.  Is it ok to put him on his tummy for a tummy time?  He does not like it at all and usually starts crying within 1-2 min.
His doctor said that the cases of hernia are normal and not to worry; that it will eventually close on its own, and if it does not, or (if it does, but the extra skin that covers it does not go in) then an operation will be needed, but that is done when the baby grows to age of 2 and not earlier.

testing
sorry for the 'test'...I tried to answer you three times and each time I got an error message!

Anyway...My son had an umbilical hernia as well.  His doctor still encouraged tummy time.  I don't think your son is crying because the hernia bothers him, but more so because most babies don't enjoy tummy time at first.  Continue to introduce tummy time, gradually building the amount of time he stays on his tummy.  He will come to enjoy his play time.  Don't be put off by the crying right now-I really don't think it is anything other than a 'normal' infant reaction and not related to the hernia.
My son had an umbilical hernia as well. His doctor told us to treat him as if it was not there. So, we did tummy time and my son hated it too! But he eventually changed his tune and liked it:) His went away at around 6 months.
My son too had an umbilical hernia - his hernia was finally gone at the age of 5.  I think it's coiincidental about the tummy time - my three month old doesn't like it either yet.