Aa
A
A
Close
Unisom and Pregnancy
Hi All. I was put on 1/2 tablet of Unisom and 50mg of Vitamin B-12 to help me with my morning sickness. It did help a lot, though even at 16 weeks, I'm still vomiting a few mornings a week. Does anyone know if it is safe to still be on the 1/2 tab of Unisom daily at this point in pregnancy? I don't have another dr. visit for over 2 weeks.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Thanks so much. I waited so long for this pregnancy, but I've been miserable for the last 11 weeks, it's really hard to enjoy it!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hi...sorry to hear that you're still feeling sick.  My m/s passed at about 11 weeks, but I still struggle with a weird appetite and indigestion...

1/2 unisom in combo w/ b-12 is also what my doctor said for m/s.  I didn't try it (I had a m/c last fall and am always afraid of everything!), BUT it is on the LIST they gave me and told me I didN'T have to call for any med on the list.

I asked the nurse about taking colace everyday (whole different problem : ) !) and she said if it didn't resolve in a week or two to call and just double check with the doc.  Luckliy that too ran its course...knock on wood -- I'm also 16 weeks so who knows what else is in store!

I guess it's probably okay, but I would just make a quick call to the doc to make sure she is okay with it.  And, maybe at this point she'd want you to try something else -- now that you're out of the first trimester.

Hope you get to feeling better -- it's so hard!

Take care!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
175665_tn?1306462624
I'm 31 weeks pregnant and I've taken a whole unisom and a B6 every night since 8 weeks.  I still take it because I'm so sick if I don't.
Comment
Cancel
175665_tn?1306462624
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Unisom and Pregnancy
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources