Unisom and Pregnancy
Hi All. I was put on 1/2 tablet of Unisom and 50mg of Vitamin B-12 to help me with my morning sickness. It did help a lot, though even at 16 weeks, I'm still vomiting a few mornings a week. Does anyone know if it is safe to still be on the 1/2 tab of Unisom daily at this point in pregnancy? I don't have another dr. visit for over 2 weeks.
Thanks so much. I waited so long for this pregnancy, but I've been miserable for the last 11 weeks, it's really hard to enjoy it!
Hi...sorry to hear that you're still feeling sick.  My m/s passed at about 11 weeks, but I still struggle with a weird appetite and indigestion...

1/2 unisom in combo w/ b-12 is also what my doctor said for m/s.  I didn't try it (I had a m/c last fall and am always afraid of everything!), BUT it is on the LIST they gave me and told me I didN'T have to call for any med on the list.

I asked the nurse about taking colace everyday (whole different problem : ) !) and she said if it didn't resolve in a week or two to call and just double check with the doc.  Luckliy that too ran its course...knock on wood -- I'm also 16 weeks so who knows what else is in store!

I guess it's probably okay, but I would just make a quick call to the doc to make sure she is okay with it.  And, maybe at this point she'd want you to try something else -- now that you're out of the first trimester.

Hope you get to feeling better -- it's so hard!

Take care!!
I'm 31 weeks pregnant and I've taken a whole unisom and a B6 every night since 8 weeks.  I still take it because I'm so sick if I don't.