Upper GI in early pregnancy
Please tell me what an upper GI done 13 days after conception could do to hurt the baby? I'm very worried.
April, maybe you or your daughter should consider calling the office of the GI specialist that did the proceedure, and talk with him/her directly.
There is a good chance that their office can immediately contact the OB office if there is a major concern about it, and if there is, then the OB can see her sooner.
I called the Radiology just now and told them she had an Upper GI done 13 days after conception and could that have caused harm. They told me not within the first 2 weeks except a possible miscarriage. They tried to reassure me that they use the least amount of radiation possible for all their patients and always try to be careful and that her's was only 2 minutes long. She said she should be fine but to talk to the ob doctor about all of this at our next appointment.