Maternal & Child Community
VITAMINS FOR TTC'ERS?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

VITAMINS FOR TTC'ERS?

I had a m/c on 8/25.And can't ttc for 3 mo.After a mo. my dr. called to tell me my hcg levels had gone down to 0 & I could start taking vitamins till ttc.Which other vitamins can I take with the prenatal? I heard vitamin b and baby asprin?I really appreciate you alls advice.Thanks Nanis
Hey comadre!!! well, i heard vitamin E to heal uterus lining and vitamin C also is good for ttc along with the prenatals.
I am in the waiting for O club right now....are you there also? or are you in the 2ww??
=)
Hi girls!  Yeah -- my friend who is also a midwife said to take, in addition to the prenatal, 400 IU of Vitamin E and 2000mg of Calcium.  I am taking only an additional 1200mg of Calcium (2 tablets) because I drink a lot of milk and the calcium fortified orange juice.  Didn't want to go overboard.
Ahhhh, I'm glad you posted this.  I just read that lady's e-mail to me and it said 2000mg of Vitamin C!! Not, Calcium.  I'm sure the Calcium has not hurt me but I'm going to go buy some Vitamin C now.
If you decide to take Calcium supplements, get the ones that have Vit D in them. This helps your body to absorb the Calcium. Also Folic Acid supplements are extrememly important.
LOL....oh the mind of a ttc'er....lol ;)
Go get your vitamins girlie. =)
Who needs preg brain, ya know.  I have Lauren brain 24/7!
Vsentz,Whats up,comadre?Right know I'm just wating for anything ,af -o,Well good luck.                                                                                                                           Everyone,Thanks for the info.I'll take your advice.STICKY BABY DUST TO ALL TCC'ERS!!
on ebay I got these awesome prenatals Melaleuca, they dont make me sick like some of the others i tried
Iam just taking folic acid right now. I had my last d&c 8/28 and was told to wait 3 months as well.  I was also wondering about baby aspirin???
Avatar n tn
oooh I am glad you asked this....

I wanted to resume my regular suppliments... which was a daily vitamin, B12, and L-Arginine

Are the B12/L-arginine safe to take while TTC? I have replaced the Daily vitamin with a Prenatal ... but haven't called to check on the other two since I have a while before I can start TTC.