Maternal & Child Community
Vaginal sonogram at 5 weeks and Dr. saw nothing in uterus.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am supposed to be 5 weeks pregnant and transvaginal ultrasound revealed no sac in uterus.  I'm worried about tubal, but hcg levels look good:
06/30: 18
07/02: 70
07/05: 318
07/07: 797
07/10: 2695

Are they rising too fast?  Could that be a sign of an ectopic?  I know 5 weeks is early to see anything, but I've read that if your HCG is over 2000 you should be able to see a sac with a transvaginal sonogram.  Thanks for your advise.  I'm really worried.  I go back tomorrow for another HCG test and sonogram.  I've already had 5 miscarriages in 4 years and can't face another!
My doctor said that they wouldnt be able to see anything much before 6 weeks so she is advising me not to go before then.
At my first sonogram my hcg was 977, saw nothing in uterus, on second sonogram my hcg was 4544 and saw nothing in uterus. On 3rd, sono 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant, they finally found the sac. One week later, 6 wks, 6 days pregnant we had a heartbeat!
Be patient :) and good luck...
I think its too early...dont worry!!
thank you for your replies.  My dr. seems to throw out the word tubal pretty fast and kept saying once you're 2000 hcg level, he should see something, so that gives me more hope for tomorrow's ultrasound.  Thanks!
5 weeks is way too early. I had that scenario at 6 weeks.
It's agony, I KNOW, but one you will have to endure.  So many stories of hearbeats showing up a week later.  I'm thinking at LEAST 7 weeks! Try your hardest to be patient.
As for HCG levels, I don't know what he means. My HCG levels were great at that time, too, but the baby was just too darn small!  Good luck to you.
UPDATE: Thanks again for your comments, I re-read them for reassurance several times!  This morning I had another vaginal sono and this time, he saw something, he wasn't convinced it was a pregnancy sac, b/c of its shape and size, but is encouraged b/c my levels went up to 6000 from Monday's 2695 and there's no sign of a tubal.  So I have another sono Sat morning.  Like you said, a few days can make a big difference!  One hurdle down.  I feel a bit relieved now.  
sac and heartbeat generally are not seen until 7-8 weeks. Just relax. :)
UPDATE: I went back for a vaginal sono on 07/15 and he definately saw a yolk and gestational sac.  I think I'm a little over 5 weeks.  I go back on 07/21 for another sono to see a heartbeat, hopefully.  We quit doing my HCG after they went over 10,000.  Fingers crossed!
I am 6 weeks pregnant as per LMP.By vaginal sonography sac is seen but embroy & heart been is not seen.Means there was was a dark hole with nothing in it.I am much worried as i had a missed abortion 6 months before.please reply
I went to the hospital today with sharp pains and slight bleeding, they did an internal scan which the outcome was not great They told me that there was a pregnancy but nothing showed up in my uterus, they told me the 3 possibilities were
(1) Im either to early to see  (im 7 weeks)
(2) I have sadly suffered a miscarriage or
(3) I have an eptopic pregnancy.
I have to go back to the hospital in 48 hours to have another blood test to measure my hormone levals BHCG
Fingers crossed xx
I am 5 weeks 6 days. The doctor saw nothing in my uterus. He thinks it may be ectopical pregnancy. He wants me to come in tomorrow and........take a shot that will end the pregnancy.I did go to the er for bleeding over the weekend. They thought it was too eary or I had already had a miscarriage. My HCG levels are rising though? They were 798 then 1442 and now 3000. Any response would be very helpful.
Kerry1978 I'm the same as you. Had a trans vag scan and they found nothing at all. Faint positive on pregnancy test though. Going back in 2 days to check hcg levels. I went to the early pregnancy unit as I'd had light brown bleeding over a week. The nurse was pretty pessimistic.... I'm clinging on to hope as the tech said it could be too early to see anything