Very unusual pregnant belly shape...
It is happening again ...in previous pregnancies my pregnant belly retained the waist line and it's already started again. My doctor refers to it as a "snow man belly" where I expand below and above my waist but still have a waist throughout my pregnancy. There is a medical term for it, but I can't remember what it is.  I long for a "round" beautiful belly that I can take pictures of. While I am THRILLED that I am pregnant, I am embarrassed that my belly looks abnormal. Does anyone else share this phenomenon?
I want to see a picture.  =)  I am not sure, this is my first pregnancy and I am just starting to pop out, I am 19w5d.. how far along are you?
Every doctor and nurse at the hospital plus u/s techs go crazy over it and ask me "do you mind if I call someone in to see this? I've only read about it in text books!"  This is my seventh pregnancy (I have four older children) and I am almost 15 weeks and it's already started happening....
I would add too that because of the odd shape, it makes me look "fat" for a long time because no one would consider me pregnant with that strange of a shape.
My friend carried that way.  She said the same things you did.  She did things to try to hide it to avoid the are you just phase.  She got good at it and found some tricks that worked.  She always wore the maternity pants that went above her waist to "smooth" it out...not so sexy, but with the shirts you couldn't tell.  The only problem was that in the beging the pants still fell to the waste and she was always pullin em' up.  Then she discovered the Bella Band..it grows with you during your pregnancy and it keep your cloths where you put em'.  It worked for her and she wasn't as self consious in public.  : )  I dunno, but I though I'd let you know your not the only one.
I had it.  It sucks.  :)  I feel your pain.  So much for cute pregnant belly pictures...  I thought it was just me because I was carrying triplets, but I guess it wasn't!
does anyone know the name of this condition?  I am not sure if i have it or not.  I always have weight above and below my waistline (and still actually have a waistline) and since I started showing it seems like the baby has pushed what was below up and now the top is bigger than even it was when I was 30 pounds heavier!  I am hoping it will even out as I grow, since I'm still early at 14weeks, but now you have me concerned it may stay this way.  I am wearing maternity clothes since they are so much more comfie lately, but still just feel fat with certain tops because of the shape - no form fitted tops for me!  I searched online real quick and get this thread and then just a bunch of belly cast places.  Any ideas on the name?
I too would like to know the name of the condition.

Jennyb473: It may be too early to confirm that you will stay like this in your pregnancy. I only know what is going on because it has happened to me before and it continued throughout the pregnancy. I must admit, I did look ridiculous and I had to buy clothes that never actually touched my belly....

Shamanda and mom2be: thanks for letting me know that I am not alone in this:)

If anyone else knows the name of the condition, please let me know, I'd like to research it.