Maternal & Child Community
Very worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Very worried

I am 31 years old. I have been breastfeeding my son for 18 months now and I have no periods. I'm getting worried that something maybe wrong. 2 1/2 years ago I started getting vertigo. I did physical therapy and it got better for a while but it came back a year ago and has been with me on and off ever since. It seems I get headaches more often than I used to and my body aches more than it used to. Now I am having abdominal cramping with no periods and just a plain feeling of something being off with my body. I tried to talk to my doctor but he said he can't do anything until I stop breastfeeding completely. I feel like I'm going a little crazy because my brain doesn't seem to function correctly either. I'm constantly forgetting what I was looking for or getting ready to do. I have terrible anxiety and the feeling of my heart jumping beats. When ever I have an anxiety attack it's like I just want to sleep because I feel soooo tired. Is any of this normal or is this signs of premature menopause?
Are you on prenatal vitamins?  Extra iron?  Start there, and also see a therapist.  The vertigo can be part of the continuum that involves panic attacks, and so can anxiety and the feeling of your heart skipping beats.  It won't hurt you to beef up your vitamins when still nursing, and it certainly won't hurt to talk to a counselor about the anxiety.