Maternal & Child Community
WILL PROGESTRONE PILLS STOP MY PERIOD IF I DO NOT GET PREGNANT THIS MON...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

WILL PROGESTRONE PILLS STOP MY PERIOD IF I DO NOT GET PREGNANT THIS MONTH?

I ASKED PREVIOUS  PREGESTRONE QUESTION EARLIER TODAY(DR PRESCRIBED PROGESTERONE FOR ME TODAY), BUT HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. IF I TAKE THIS PROGESTERONE PILL EVERY DAY, WONT IT MAKE MY AF NOT COME?? TILL I GO OFF IT. WHAT IF I AM NOT PREGNANT, THEN DR. SAID NOT TO STOP TAKING TILL AFTER AF STARTS. DO I HAVE TO TEST FOR PREG BEFORE I STOP TAKING-SO AF WILL COME??? BECAUSE PILLS WILL MAKE AF NOT COME RIGHT??I DONT THINK I CONCEIVED THIS MONTH, BUT WANTED TO START TAKING JUST IN CASE AND NOT WAIT TILL NEXT CYCLE DAY 17. (I AM CYCLE 21 TODAY)

ALSO, I STARTED TAKING THIS EVENINGA ND IT MAKES ME FEEL WEIRD, REAL WEIRD, LIKE I AM DRUNK-I EVEN WALKED INTO A SIDE OF A WALL. MADE ME SO TIRED. IS THIS A COMMON SIDE EFFECT?

OF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS , PLEASE READ PREVIOSU POST-I AM CONFUSED/ THANKS
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
144100_tn?1283526167
Progesterone will not stop AF.  I'm also currently taking it.
Blank
Hi, It is my understanding that it will stop AF. My doctor told me that I needed to stop taking it on day 30-31 or it will stop my cycle that month. I was not taking it in pill form. It was the supp. Which I'm told is more effective. Now that I am pregnant I also do the progesterone shot once a week. I have a history of miscarriages so I am doing everything I can. I would call your doctors office to make sure so you won't waist a month if it does. Please let me know.
Blank
OKAY, THANKS. SO WHEN DOES YOUR DOCTOR TELL YOU TO STOP IT?? WHEN AF STARTS?? I AM TAKING 200 MG A DAY. THEN DO YOU START BACK AT DAY 17.
Blank
THANKS, HAS YOUR AF STAYED ON TIME, OR DOES IT COME LATER THEN USUAL? I HAVE READ SOME MANY CONFLICTING INFO-AND MY DR. ISNT VERY HELPFUL-HARD TO GET A HOLD OF HER.(I AM CHANGING DR SOON)

MY AF IS DUE 12-18.I DONT THINK I AM PREGNANT, AS WE DIDNT TIME BD'NG VERY GOOD THIS MONTH.(DIDNT BD TILL DAY 16)

I JUST DONT WANT TO MESS MY CYCLE UP-AS I AM ALWAYS RIGHT ON TIME.

THE DR DID SAY STOP TAKING WHEN AF COMES, BUT THEN I STARTED READING THAT IT WIUL STOP AF-I AM CONFUSED.

THANKS

Blank
162331_tn?1390022267
Progesterone will not stop AF.  It will come as usual.  My Doc has me take prometrium after ovulation.  I stay on it until AF comes.  When AF arrives I go off prometrium until after ovulation again.  If AF doesn't come then I stay on prometrium and test for pregnancy when 5 days late.  If prego then I stay on prometrium.  Hope that helps.

blessings!
Blank
162331_tn?1390022267
I seems that my AF comes a day or two later.  I use to have a 27 day cycle now I may go on day 28 to 30.  But that's okay.  You will not mess yourself all up.  It may come right on time or it may be a day or two later.  You'll be okay.  You need to take a big breath and relax.  Go through a month or two and you'll get adjusted.  The only time I got real late on my AF was after I miscarried. For several months after M/C I kept feeling like I was pregnant.  Your hormones get messed up.  If on progesterone it is normal to have pregnant symptoms from the progesterone.  You will have sore boobs and all.  Good luck to you!

Blessings!
Blank
144100_tn?1283526167
Sorry, just read post today - stop taking it if/when you get AF
Blank
I think each individual is different.  I take the suppositories and I have to get off of them for my AF to start.  It starts on the 2nd day after.
Blank
I think each individual is different.  I take the suppositories and I have to get off of them for my AF to start.  It starts on the 2nd day after.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank