Weird smell.............. Is this normal?
Hello all! I noticed a weird smell and discharge after having sex with my husband last night. I am wondering if the smell could be contributed to Ovulation? Or is this something I should be concerned about. I even used a suppository this morning and still not FRESH down there, what's wrong??
SO I have been reading all this scary stuff about Bacteria infections. So you all think this is normal? Yes we are TTC, and I just noticed it after we made love. Has this happened to anyone of you?
Hi i also had the same thing and i tried everything to get  rid of the smell and couldn't but after a few days it did go away. Hope this helps...
It could be a yeast infection.
Are you trying to have a baby, if so it's the two fluids mixing together. I was worried a while back and was told that it was the fluids. Good luck:D
it is the mix of the female and male juices; i know exactly what you are talking about. certain times of the month we produce different discharge/mucus and sometimes it is acidic (very acidy) and other times alkaline is present, other times it's just normal discharge. every woman has it, there's no denying it, the vagina is a moist, dark area and it's not going to smell like a bouquet of freshly cut roses! but when a male and female's juices collide there is such a thing as a reaction among chemicals, i know from experience that myself, during ovulation, i had a more potent smelling discharge, but not a bad one. just letting you know that you should not worry, it is VERY normal to have that smell after sex. the only time that you should worry is whe the discharge is green, yellow, or grey and very foul smelling; that is a sure sign of infection.

isn't it wonderful to be a woman?!

sienna
huh..I never experienced that,nor heard of it?! I'd be on the safe side and make an appt.w/ MD. One of the first and major signs of infection (and some STD's) is a foul smelling d/c. Especially if it hasn't happened before. This doesn't sound normal to me. Even yeast infections' symptoms don't include a funny odor. I'd see the MD- also ask, if it is possible that ur man also could get the infection and should be treated if you have one. Better to be safe than sorry!
I've had that everytime i've tried to get pregnant, it was really bad when i got pregnant with my first son it almost smelled fishy i know how gross but it stayed for a few days then went away. I would get it checked if it lasts for awhile but it's probably normal.

Carla29
Yah! I had that about 10 yrs. ago married and got Bacterial Vaginosis! It has a foul odor and will not go away w/out RX of a pill both of u will have to take. It makes u queezy the medication; unless they have improved it over years. It made us vomit ., but did cure the infection. Fishy odor, even after obsessively cleaning. So u will know. Good Luck!
I've noticed after my husband and I make love and I wipe, there's that "sex" smell.  It usually stays for a couple of days, even after showers, completely normal.  I wouldn't give it a second thought.
Thanks for trying to scare the h*LL out of me! i went to the DR. last night it's Bacterial Vaginosis, completly normal and not an STD> Common in preg. woman.
do they treat that or does it go away on it's own? It's still best u got it checked...u never know! Still don't know what that 'smell' after sex is..maybe I'm missing something.
I think it has something to do with the diet of the man.  I've heard that can affect his ejaculate smell.  It's not a bad "sex" smell, it's just very distinct.
The foods you eat can also affect the smell.  Did you eat anything with a lot of Garlic?
Thanks ALL the horrible smell ha went away! i don't know what the heck that was!!!