Maternal & Child Community
When did your period return after giving birth?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

When did your period return after giving birth?

Hey girls. My DD will be 8 weeks old on Tuesday. I was just wondering when y'alls periods returned after giving bith. I haven't gotten mine yet. I'm not breast feeding due to a medication that I have to take and I'm also not back on the pill yet. I am considering not going back on it since I had some difficulty getting PG the first time I am hoping that it won't take as long the second time.
Related Discussions
13 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I nursed my DS and my AF didn't return for 11 mos.  I know your situation is different though.  I wouldn't count on not getting pg quickly just because it took a while the first time.  We tried a year before conceiving our daughter.  Thought it would take a while the second time around too but was pg in 2 mos after trying.  Third child happened first month.  Sometimes our bodies change after giving birth.  Just a thought. Congratulations on your arrival.
Blank
I'm a total odd ball, I bf for 8mo & he ate every 2hrs day & night so there was no excuse for the blood. (I bled 10 straight wks pp) after that was when I had my 1mo of no blood & then I had a period every mo after that :( guess af forgot  to read the rulebk for me  :) LOL Good Luck, I'm hoping this next pp will be different! Maybe things will go as u want them too. Our bodies r something else ya just never know :)
Blank
i had my dd june 30th 2005 and was breastfeeding exclusivly and taking the mini pill well i was pregnant by sept and had my second dd less then a year later june 14th 2006 so dont count on not getting pregnant just because you tried so long the first time and havent yet had your period oh yeah i hadent had my period yet either.
a word of advice please dont get pregnant this soon it reeks havoc on your poor body i am 5'8 normal weight but by the 7 month mark with dd number 2 i could not walk for longer then 5 mins without being in immense pain from my pelvis just aching your body needs time to heal i could hardly walk the day i gave birth from the pain always been an active person also couldent move in bed anyway best of luck to you i could go on and on about my experiences goodluck.
Blank
I did breastfeed for 4 months and got my period about 4 weeks after I stopped.  Sorry if that doesn't help.  Did your doctor say anything about it at your 6 week post partum visit?

Amy
Blank
125692_tn?1189759435
i guess i started mine around 11 or 12 weeks later.  i breast fed for three weeks only.
Blank
125692_tn?1189759435
i guess i started mine around 11 or 12 weeks later.  i breast fed for three weeks only.
Blank
I didn't get one.  about 6 months after delivery they gave me medicine to get one
Blank
164559_tn?1233711618
I breastfed exclusively and got my period 6 week post partum with my dd and 3 months after with ds.  I agree it's not fair!!!
Blank
I breast-fed exclusively and I got mine 6 wks after I gave birth - NO FAIR!!!
Blank
My son is nearly 13 weeks old and i have not had a period yet and he has always been bottle fed. he is my second child as with my first it came back after 8 weeks and i breast fed her for the first week. i did a hoe PG test and i can out negative 4 weeks ago, should i go to my GP?
Blank
212720_tn?1304379015
I nursed Quinn until she was 7 months old. She is now going on 11 months and I still do not have a period. I also had an IUD inserted so I think that is why my period has not returned.
Blank
167_tn?1374177417
Nursing exclusively, my son is four months old-no period here yet. I took a pregnancy test to make sure I'm not prego. I have an IUD but it's copper, not Mirena.

PS-I realize this is an old post that has come back to life. Oh well (:
Blank
My bby girl is 11wks and i had bleeding for 6wks after and i thought i would have gotton my period again but nothing yet is it normal??
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...