Maternal & Child Community
Wow..Anyone else have EXTRMELY heavy period after having a Baby?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I had my baby in April and breastfed until last month. I had 1 period already and it was sooo heavy!  It also had a lot of clots..  Now this is my second period and it seems to be just as heavy and still with clots!  Is this normal?  I also have fibroids so maybe that's playing in part in it?
I too have fibroids...and my periods are WAY heavier after the birth of my 3rd child.  (Fibroids were only discovered during my pregnancy of her.)  I pass alot of clots too.  TMI...sorry...but you asked...LOL
They seem to  not be so heavy the last few months...but then again, my periods have always been irregular.
I would make an appointment to see your doctor if you are concerned.
Good luck,
I'm so glad to see someone else has been having heavy periods too after a baby! I had 1 period after the baby and it was normal. Then this is my 2nd one and it is soooo heavy w/clots too. I was feeling faint from all the loss of blood. I guess its normal..
Well seems like this may be normal then.... This period is a little lighter than the first one...Man that one was HEAVY!!!!
After the birth of my 3rd baby...I passed a CLOT...the size of the palm of my hand...gross....but I called the Labour and Delivery Nurse, and she said to come in if I passed anymore...This was also a couple of days after delivery.
I never did...but it was really BIG!
Oh yes, I did too right after having my little girl!  I actually passed a few big ones!  My doctor had to give me some medicine that makes your uterus contract so I would stop passing them and it did stop.  that ws scary!!!
My first 2 periods were pretty heavy after my c/s. The first one was really heavy and lasted about 17 days!!! Now this was around 3 weeks after my pp bleeding had stopped. I also passed clots with the first 2 periods. But then it regulated itself as soon as I started my b/c pills. My OB said It was normal to have couple of heavy periods after giving birth. Now if you feel faint and dizzy, you need to contact your OB right away.