Wow..Anyone else have EXTRMELY heavy period after having a Baby?
I had my baby in April and breastfed until last month. I had 1 period already and it was sooo heavy!  It also had a lot of clots..  Now this is my second period and it seems to be just as heavy and still with clots!  Is this normal?  I also have fibroids so maybe that's playing in part in it?
I too have fibroids...and my periods are WAY heavier after the birth of my 3rd child.  (Fibroids were only discovered during my pregnancy of her.)  I pass alot of clots too.  TMI...sorry...but you asked...LOL
They seem to  not be so heavy the last few months...but then again, my periods have always been irregular.
I would make an appointment to see your doctor if you are concerned.
Good luck,
I'm so glad to see someone else has been having heavy periods too after a baby! I had 1 period after the baby and it was normal. Then this is my 2nd one and it is soooo heavy w/clots too. I was feeling faint from all the loss of blood. I guess its normal..
Well seems like this may be normal then.... This period is a little lighter than the first one...Man that one was HEAVY!!!!
After the birth of my 3rd baby...I passed a CLOT...the size of the palm of my hand...gross....but I called the Labour and Delivery Nurse, and she said to come in if I passed anymore...This was also a couple of days after delivery.
I never did...but it was really BIG!
Oh yes, I did too right after having my little girl!  I actually passed a few big ones!  My doctor had to give me some medicine that makes your uterus contract so I would stop passing them and it did stop.  that ws scary!!!
My first 2 periods were pretty heavy after my c/s. The first one was really heavy and lasted about 17 days!!! Now this was around 3 weeks after my pp bleeding had stopped. I also passed clots with the first 2 periods. But then it regulated itself as soon as I started my b/c pills. My OB said It was normal to have couple of heavy periods after giving birth. Now if you feel faint and dizzy, you need to contact your OB right away.