Maternal & Child Community
Yawning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Yawning

Hey All,

You know everytime I yawn, the yawn tightens my whole upper stomach...like the yawn goes all the way down....does that sound strange?  Nothing hurts at all, but it's like hard to describe...

It's like my whole stomach tightens up?

I'm 20 wks and it's been happening for weeks now.....not constant, but anytime I feel like yawning, which some days are frequent...

JT

confused?
Is it only when yawning? Sounds like when I get braxton hicks! My belly and right under my boobs just gets super tight like my little guy is shoving his back into the front of me and stretching as far as he can!
Hmmmm......maybe?

I got them a lot on preg #1 as well......

is it bad to get them now?  at 20 wks?  It is in the area of my upper stomach above belly button and under chest like you said....

JT
That is when mine started (around week 20......maybe even a little before). I think it is completely normal, though! I had no idea that I was even having braxton hicks til I started reading what they felt like last week and was like "OHHH so that's what that is!" lol
Hi, i think it's just where your pulling on your muscles that are already being stretched and the yawning makes them stretch just that bit more :)