Maternal & Child Community
addiction to mj?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

addiction to mj?

okay me and my boyfriend have been together for 15 months and we quit smoking weed when we started going out. NOW he says since i got you im gonna start again. he says its for relaxation and stress, but i hate weed. i dont like ppl who do it and i stay away from them as much as i can. my boyfriend im not gonna stop not for you or anything im only doing it on fridays and thats that.... okay well it started off every friday now its EVERYDAY...SHOULD I REALLY CARE IF HE SMOKES. ITS BUGS ME ALOT. I'VE DONE IT BEFORE AND ITS STUPID AND I KNOW WHAT T CAN DO TO YOU. PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY. HE HAS CHANGED ALOT WE DONT SPEND TIME TOGETHER ALL HE DOES IS SPEND HIS TIME IN THE SMOKING ROOM AND IM IN OUR ROOM JUST LAYING THERE PISSED CAUSE I CAN SMELL IT AND HE JUST DOESNT CARE ANYMORE. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO?. DOES HE STILL CARE? YES BUT HE'S LOSING ME. ITS REZLLY SAD.
I NEED HELP
I'd be out the door, honestly. It is illegal. And to me, it is a sign of immaturity. Adults should know how to cope with stressors without needing to medicate with illegal drugs or copious amounts of alcohol.
Ok, I had to go through this same exact thing with my husband. I used to smoke as well. I had the best time partying with my husband from chilhood up to adult hood. We found out we were having a baby. (I had quit about 3 or 4 months when before i found out) It was a fight every single day. I have a dad who is a dead beat drug addict (pain killers, dope, you name it, he's on it) i didn't want my husband to turn out like my dad. We fought and fought for so many months of my pregnancy. Finally I told him, all of this fighting and stress you're causing me is hurting the baby. I will not raise my kids in a home with drugs. If you don't quit, you lose your wife and baby, thats it. He wasn't going to tell me that doing drugs is ok. I know better. I did them too. And i think the word you were looking for is your man is "careless" when he's high. Can a "careless" person take care of your child, your home, your pets while you aren't there? NO
i hope i helped a little. But just to give you an update, my husband decided he wanted he wife and son. He hasn't smoked pot in about 3 months. Im so proud of him. I think you just need to put your foot down.
Good Luck and God Bless!!!
You grew up, he didn't.  Sweetie, time to move on.
It is very hard to convince someone who is dependant on drugs for mental "stability" to quit for love.  The only way you will be able to convince this guy of how strongly you feel is to leave him for a while, let him see how serious you are.

My husband was addicted to that and a lot of other drugs too and i didn't find out til I moved in with him within a couple months that he was doing these things.  He would play cards with his buddies and i liked them all until I found out what they all did when they got together to play cards.  I am not that type of person to do those things and my husband knew it, he stopped hanging around with his friends not for me, but for himself and he just never looked back.  We now have a beautiful daughter and another baby on the way and he doesn't regrett what he did but does admit to not ever touching drugs again!   Wish you luck and i hope he wakes up soon!!!