Maternal & Child Community
almost 18 weeks....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

almost 18 weeks....

Hey girls! I am just curious if anyone is in the 17th to 18th week and really not feeling like a darn thing is going on? I feel the baby every now and then, but not alot. Last week I was so anxious to go to my appointment just so I could hear a heartbeat so I'd know he was in there! lol Just curious if anyone else was feeling rather "uneventful" this past week. Hope everyone enjoys what is left of the weekend! :)
I felt exactly like that until 3 days ago. Since I've entered my 29th week I started feeling him most of the time. Now he's kicking a little stronger and my uterus is so big that it's already pressing towards my ribs (that could be a little painful every now and then). At 17-18 weeks I could barely feel any fluttering every 2-3 days.
Well me personaly, I was really sick all through my pregnancies. You should feel very lucky that you are feeling good! I'm sure everything is great with your little one sinse you heard the heartbeat and feel him moving around.
I wish my pregnancies were more like yours! ;)
I'm in my 17th week,  and arrr waiting anxiously to when i can feel some full on movement, instead of something that might not be bubba.
I'll be 17 weeks on Tues and if I hadn't already seen my baby and heard the heartbeat, I would'nt even think I was pregnant!  I still feel tired and a little nausea, but other than that, I can barely feel the baby and I'm still not showing!  I'm hoping I'll pop and feel some kicking in the next few weeks!
Hi! I am 17w3d and if I didn't see my baby and hear the heartbeat already I'd never think I was pregnant.  I rented me a doppler monitor to hear the heartbeat everyday to relax my mind.  I really haven't felt anything either but I am plus size woman and my doctor told me to give it a couple more weeks to really feel something noticable.  take care
If it's your first pregnancy you don't show as soon or feel movement.  With the more children you have, the sooner you show and feel movement.  I am just a little over 18 weeks.  This is my 3rd successful pregnancy.  I look very pregnant and am in maturnity clothes.  I have felt slight movement for a few weeks but this week I have felt a lot of little thumps and bumps.  Hang in there and give it a few more weeks.
I will be 19 weeks by tomorrow and haven't yet felt any noticiable  movement from the baby yet. IS this normal and when would I be able to feel it
I am in my 19th week with my 5th pregnancy and I am still not feeling regular movement. It has been a day since I have felt anything and it makes me nervous.
I feel the same way.  I will be 19 weeks tomorrow and have posted this question before.  I am starting to feel stronger movements but just in the last few days.  I can still go a day without feeling a thing.  I think my baby must really like or dislike the car because that is where I always feel the strongest kicks.  My three year old son was much more active.  I felt he never stopped moving.  I find out on Thursday what I'm having and I am hoping for a girl, but will be just as happy with another boy!  Although, this one already shows signs of being much more laid back than my first!
Hallo,
Have been reading most of the post today gathering information about all sorts of topics.  Its  really interesting reading everyone's experiences and how  we all experience things differently.  What I was most impressed with , was all the messages about baby movement. I hadnt felt the baby move up until today... because I didnt know what I was looking for.   And sure enough as I was sitting here at the computer I felt this flutter on my right side. So I put my hand there and pressed slightly and the baby continued to move.  It was so exciting.  I called my husband to share the exciting news with him, as we are both at work. Other than losing my waist line it really the only sign that I feel pregnant. What a wonderful feeling.  Its my first pregnancy at age 33.