Maternal & Child Community
baby girls born at 34 wks.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

baby girls born at 34 wks.

Has anyone had a  baby daughter born at 34 or 35 wks. premature, that got to go home right away and didn't need  have any feeding or breathing problems when she was born? I am 34wks preg. and they said my baby could come any day now.
my cuz had a girl at 35wks she weighed 7 lbs had no problems and was released that next day...
theres hope 34 wks may be early but who nos you may go even longer. they told me w/ my son id have him early like maybe 30wks i didnt have him till 37 wks.. hang in there a little bit longer. but at least your close. congrats on your little girl when she comes.
ksanden
What is the reason for them to believe in an early labor?  I hope your baby stays inside for a bit longer.
My friend had hers at 36 weeks...and left the hospital 2 days later on schedule....no problems thus far....and it's been 9 weeks.
I have an incompetent cervix which they have been watching closely. It shortened to 1.8 cm. and then I was put on bed rest.  My labor has been stopped with terbuline once  already at 32 wks.. They gave me a 2 steroid shots for her lungs. At my doc. appt. last week he said that the baby's head is very low in my pelvis and the cervix was really thin with no mucus plug left. He said if I go into labor again they will not stop the contractions but would let me deliver since I was far enough along that the baby had a great chance for little to no problem.  He said at this point, the chances of a  negative effect of a second dose of tribuline on her heart was greater than the chances of her needing lots of medical intervention at birth. I just want her to be healthy and come home with us on time. I have been having bad back pains and cramps but I am hoping to make it to 35wks. next Tues. I will feel alot better about things.
My eldest daughter was born at 34 weeks.  She weight 5lbs 7oz and 17 3/4 in.  The only problem, she was jaundiced.  She is now a very healthy and tall 9 year old.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!!!
I hope you can make it to 35 weeks as well too!!  DD was born at 37 weeks (weighing 5.7 lbs).  She was small but did beautifully (no jaundice!)  Good luck.
THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE RESPONDED!. Please continue to give information on those who have had preemies without complications.  Although I know all birth experiences are not the same, your post are really helping me to stay positive. Prior to these posts, most of what I had read said that babies born this early will at least have problems eating and sucking at the same time and will have to stay in NICU for weeks. That made me very sad, because I want her in my arms and to be with her from the beginning of her first days in the world. So thank you again for sharing your experiences. I can not  put into words how much that has really helped me. I don't feel so hopeless now and can actually relax more. Even if things don' t turn out like I wished, at least now I can enjoy the days prior to her birth, instead of being in total despair. To the OBGYN, survival and a couple weeks in NICU  is great triumph, but to a mom, it  is heartbreaking, because we dream of taking our precious ones home right away.  However, after having miscarried before, I'd rather have the Nicu stay than no baby at all. Perhaps I am just being over emotional, but I just want everything to be okay.

I had my first dd at 35 weeks and she was perfect :)  Lungs were fully mature - she came out screaming!!  She was 5 lb 10 oz and only 17"...so she was on the small side.  She ended up being jaundice and under the bili-lights.  Our dr let her go home with me - as long as we used the bili-blanket.  We were in an extra day due to my c-section.  Otherwise, all was well.

Good luck!
Thank you, I am feeling better today. My husband has 3 days off. It is nice to  know he will be here in case anything happens and not working hours away.
I am 35 weeks and one day. Hurray! Thanks for all of the prayers. I have been taken off bed rest also. We are looking forward to the birth of a healthy baby girl!
Yeah! I am so glad you made it to 35 weeks!  I'll continue to keep you in my prayers.
wonderful!!!   it felt great  when my doctor told me it would be okay to go in labor on my own now. lol
Baden  was born Monday. 5lbs and 5oz. She is 18 inches long with a beautiful head of brown hair. I was admitted to L&D at 3:12 and she came at 3:28.  It was short but very painful. I am thrilled that she came home right away. The only contractions that I felt were the ones in stage 3 of labor and they progressed  so rapidly that  I almost didn't make it to the hospital in time.
Thanks to everyone who answered my question about baby girls being born at 34wks. You  were very reassuring and kind.
I just read this...little later, but congrats! hows everyone doing? I hope all is well!