baby talk
i have been taking birth control for about 3 years.. my husband and i want to try for our first baby.. so my question is.. how long does it usually take for the birth control to get out of your system? because i know some people say it took them a while before they could get pregnant after birth control..
It definitely varies from woman to woman, and for how long and what type of birth control you were using.  I was on it for 3 years as well, and we got pregnant on my second cycle after stopping.  (Unfortunately it resulted in a miscarriage.)  My sister was on it for 4 years, and it took them over a year to get pregnant.
If you monitor your bbt (basal body temp) and your cm (cervical mucous) to know when you are ovulating, you will have the best chance at getting pregnant the quickest. Good luck!
thanks for the advice.. i appreciate it.. :)
I got pregnant twice on the pill, my little brother is also the result of the pill.  Doesn't always take long or work 100% for everyone.  Could happen right away or take a little while.  It's so exciting though, good luck!
I was on Birth control pills for a year and when i went off to try to get pregnant it happened in only 3 weeks. So it can happen very soon for some, and take longer for others.
You'll have to see what your body does.
Good luck! I hope it happens for you soon!
My dr said that the pill is only a 24 hour dose, so it should not affect you fertility at all (don't know how much I believe this). Some people say wait a while first and others say that you are most fertile first cycle off it because your hormones spike.  Maybe Peek will respond, she will probably be able to give you the best answer. Good luck
A girl at work got pregnant the first cycle and I got pregnant 5 months after being on the pill for 17 years, good luck!
I was on birth control for about 4 yrs. I took myself off and one/two cycles later i got pregnant...
I agree..it does vary...
I took bcp for 4 years and it took me 10 months to conceive.  Everyone's different