Maternal & Child Community
can i hve normal baby again?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

can i hve normal baby again?

i was pregnant 7 months back.in my 8th month when a scan done by my doc she realized my baby heart was abnormal in size so she refered me to the rediology dept there doc siad ur baby have no chambers and the chances of servival r very low secondly she told me the amnoitic fluid around baby is very less.in the mean while i had mayocarditis which lead to congestive heart failure and this condition forced me to stayed in ICU for ten days.i lost my baby in this situation.
now i want to get pregnant again i m afraid can i get a normal healthy child again or not? i have one boy normal 3 and half yrs old.secondly what cause the heart diffects in fetus?plsssssssssssss any one guid me i m worried.
It is impossible to tell whether the baby's heart defect was something that will happen again or not, you need to ask your doctor why it happened and if he or she thinks it is likely to happen to another baby.  The fact that you have one child without a heart problem makes it seem like the second child's problems were not something that is chromosomal, but your doctor should be the one to assess this.