Maternal & Child Community
cervical pain, pressure, cramps, ARRRGH!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Well, ladies, I am now 36 weeks and I can't believe how quickly this has gone so far! Of course, the next 3 or 4 weeks will DRAG by, LOL. Here's the deal: A couple days ago I started getting menstrual crampy and the pain was going into my lower back. I was not having regular contractions, however, but my doc wanted me to come in and get checked. Nothing, of course, it was a waste of time. I am 1 cm dilated--- but the crampy feeling wouldn't go away. The next morning I woke up and I was not as crampy but I had very bad cervical pain and a weird pressure. Not like- "oh the baby's head is coming out" but just a pressure that made me feel like I had to go to the bathroom (BM) really badly, but nothing came out. It was so severe I really couldn't get out of bed and no position made it feel better, except being in a hot bath. The pain is still there this morning, along with the the weird pressure and it is inconceivable that I would have to endure this pain for even another week. What is the deal? ?????????? I thought maybe the baby's head had dropped into a weird position, but I don't know. I have never felt anything like this and I have 2 other kids. Any ideas? Anyone think I will have to endure this much longer? Sigh. One other thing- my husband and I had sex the night before the cramping began and there has been blood in my urine ever since. The doc checked it out and everything is fine(no bladder infection or anything) but could the sex have led to these LONG DAYS of pain? :)
Wow, time does fly!! Have you seen the doc since the increase of symptoms? It might be worth getting checked again.

Andi
this may sound weird but i was told by my gyno that very lil women know that simen can trigger labor, when its mixed with the normal hormones in ur body that bring on lanor, its almost like inducing labor, well we were desperate to bring our son and we were a week away from due date so we tried it, 5 hours later i was rushed to hospital for labor, that doc checked me and i was diluated 2 cen, they later sent me home but i had him 4 days later after trying it again the night before. i diualted 2 more and they broke my water to bring it on faster, it may not happen to all women but i know it can!! those pains your are feeling is the "MOMMEY IAM COMING SOOn" PAINS LOL remember each pregnancy is different in one way or anther, which is probabyly why u are new to this feeling, but the way u are describing your pain is the way it was for me before i had my son, wanted to use potty but nothing, back pains mentrual cramps baby head feels like its falling out, i had all of that, :) see if u can time the pains u r feeling, sometimes the satrt out 20 mins to and hour apart, if u continue to feel this way i would check in for labor and have them check ur cervix. U may be delivering early!!!

Good lUCK!!!!
How is your baby position?  Is he/she sunny side up.  Your symptoms sound a lot like my first baby and he was face up.  When I did go into labor (had to be induced) all my pain was in the back and I wanted to go to the bathroom the whole time but couldn't, then they wouldn't let me try after awhile.  If baby is facing the wrong way hope he turns for you.