children
My nephew is 9 y/o and has always suffered from allergies.  He always has "shadows" under his eyes.  He has used all the allergy medication you could possibly think of and still nothing helps.  His mother informed us that his doctor wants him to have a T&A removal to help his allergies.  Is this something that is recommended or will it help with his allergies?  I have never heard of having a T&A for allergies.
My son was in the same predicament.  He tried every medicine I could think to rattle off and finally they did remove his t&a.  He has been 150 % better ever since (he's also 9) and his dark circles are gone, he sleeps more soundly, no snoring and he's just a new child altogether.  I would definitely recommend going to an ENT doc to see if they agree but I can say from experience that it helped both my older boys...they both had them removed this last march! =) Good luck!
I am just guessing but is a T&A removal tonsils and adenoids?

If that's the case, I have never heard of that for ehlping allergy sufferers.

However I do suggest having your nephew looked at by a few more Dr's. Perhaps there is an underlying cause to his allergies and the culprit is not really histamines in the environment. It may be somthing else manifesting as allergies, hence the reason it won't respond to common allergy treatments. That would be my next recourse rather than resorting to surgery. Especially if it's the same Dr suggesting the surgery that he has been seeing. Sometimes all it takes is another point of view to see what might be REALLY going on.

The removal of tonsils and adenoids won't get rid of allergies.  It may improve breathing to a variable extent, and will possibly help if snoring is an issue.

But it cannot cure someone's allergies.  If you are being told this by a doctor--find another one.  

Allergy testing and removal and avoidance of possible allergens may help, as might a trial of a nasal steroid spray.
I hope it didn't sound like I actually thought t&a removal had anything to do with curing my son's allergies...no..not at all.  It made his breathing easier when he is suffering from allergies because there's no longer that blockage to deal with (his were monstrous!) I just wanted to clarify =) My son still gets seasonal allergies aside of the tonsil and adenoid removal, but all in all HIM as a whole has dealt better with everything ear nose and throat related since.  He no longer deals with infection on top of infection...etc etc...=) Thanx! =)