Maternal & Child Community
does it hurt when you miscarry?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

does it hurt when you miscarry?

I am not sure if I am having a miscarrage (miscarriage). I spotted last week and it was a little bit and this week it is more red and one little clot.Now it looks to have stopped.....I am confused???????
I do not have any cramps so I am not sure?Would I feel it if I miscarried??
All I can tell you is that I have a friend that m/c and she said that there was heavy bleeding and lots of pain.  Just check with your doctor to make sure everything is okay.Best of luck to you.
Avatar n tn
I have heard it is different for everyone. Probably depends how far along you are too. I posted Friday night what my experience was like.
Avatar n tn
I think it would really depend on how far you are.  But if there was bleeding at all and especially red blood, i would call your Dr. so they can check and make sure everything is alright. Bleeding during pregnancy should ALWAYS at least be reported to the Dr.
I cramped a really lot when I had a miscarriage.
I went through alot of pain.. it doesn't seem possible that your body could go through so much pain if you are only early .. well thats what i thought anyways.. i was 9 weeks 6 days and it felt like full force hard labor, at first it was mild, then over a few hours it got worse n worse until it hit that point .. I hope this isn't happening to you.. you should see if you can get an ultrasound that will give you a good idea as to what is happening
Hi there

I didn
Avatar n tn
I m/c with my last pg at just about 12 wks....i had a lot of severe cramping and VERY heavy bleeding.  To me it seemed like full force labor too.  But a friends of mine m/c at 6 wks and barely bled at all.  She said it was like period cramps for her.  I would still reccommend calling a Dr.
Avatar n tn
When I miscarried my first pregnancy I had no pain just bleeding. Starting off pink and mucousy then the next day lots of bleeding, but no pain. An u/s confirmed that my baby had died. I had no pain until after my d&c when my uterus was contracting back to its normal size (I was about 12 weeks, baby died at 8 weeks). This was painful enough - a bit like post labour pains (since I have gone on to have 3 children and no other miscarriages).

When I was pregnant with my second baby (3rd pregnancy) I had a lot of bleeding at about 11 weeks and I thought for sure I was miscarrying again - no pain just heavy bleeding - enough to fill a pad. I went an had an u/s and there was my little baby's heart beating like it didn't have a clue what I was going through! Apparantly it was just a blood clot coming away.

My point is that your bleeding could be something or it could be nothing. It's best to have it checked though especially if it continues or you start to get any pain. Good luck and keep us posted ok?
How far along are you?  When I miscarried, it doesn't hurt at all.  It happens without me knowing.  The part that hurts is when the tissue comes out.  Did you see big clogs of blood?  If you have a missed miscarriage and when the tissue doesn't come out spontaneously, then an induction would hurts a lot.  D&C is much more comfortable.
I hardly cramped at all when I had my m/c (natural).  I was only 5.5 weeks along and it was pretty much like my normal AF - just heavier for the first two days.  It only lasted about 6 days.  

I think that it is different for every woman and also maybe different depending on how far along the pg is...
Avatar n tn
No dear it doesn't hurt...well not physically, just your heart.
Avatar n tn
I'm 35 and have 3 kids. Got pregnant with my fourth. Started bleeding at 11wks. Went to the doctors there wasn't a heartbeat. Never had M/C. doctor said I'll M/C in 3wks. I'm So scared! Its going to huh?
hey this is melody clair and that is what happend to me and when they told me that i lost my baby i cryed and cryed they told me to not give up. i did not want it to happend but it did ...