Maternal & Child Community
false postive
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

false postive

About six months ago my husband and i were trying to get pregnant and we got a positive home preg test.I took the ept digital because you do not have to read lines. I went to the doctor within a week and he said the blood test was neg and he though i got a false pos.Well, this happened again except for this time i waited until i was a week and a half late for my cycle. We got a postive and i was having every pregnant symptom. I went to the doctor he said it was neg with the blood test again. I think i am having very early misscariages, but he thinks it is two false pos because my hcg levels are jumping down so fast and he said i should have more of the hormone in the blood, My family totally agrees with me and i thought i knew my body well enough to know if i were pregnant. The doctor said we can check my progestron levels and see if they are low. I think he is confusse,but he will not say. My question is are these digital test pretty accruate and i took ept.certainty and i think they are very accurate.Do many people get false positive or could this be a chemical preg or early misscariage and my levels are jumping down by the time i get to the doctor within a week. Thanks,
                    Confussed
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
274010_tn?1215081125
i never heard of a false positive E.P.T. TEST they`re very accurate i think that u were pregnant maybe something went wrong but next time relax i took 2 pregnancy test just wait a while maybe then retest then go to the doctor
Blank
222234_tn?1216343635
i8 am so sorry6 for that, a positive for me is a positiv, i had a very faiont positive but as you said we know our body, i can swear that i knew that i am pregnant from the time we had sex, but i wanted to make sure. i never heard of false positive, you may be are hoping too much, that is why your HCG are going up a little bit then fall down fast.
Blank
175662_tn?1282217256
Have yourself checked for ovarian cysts.  I had one that caused false positives.
Blank
Some fertility treatments contain HCG and will cause a false positive.  

However, false positives are extremely rare otherwise.  Since this has happened to your twice, I would also think it is possible that you had an early MC,
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank