fifth disease and pregnancy
My 2 boys were diagnosed with fifth disease yesterday.  Earlier in the day I hugged a friend who informed me she was pregnant (prior to finding out about my boys sickness)  She DID NOT have contact with my boys, but this disease is not good for pregnant women.  I feel terrible.  I just hope that I am not a "carrier"?  Anyone know anything about this disease?
I don't know a lot about it, but I don't think you can be a "carrier" of it.  
I think you have to have direct contact with someone who has it.  
Also, it's possible your friend is immune to it.  She can have blood tests done to find out.
after reading your post i read up on it and yes if she is not immune to it she can basically be a carrier of it if she has had the same symptoms   as the kids theres a good chance shes not immune... but n e wayz the point of saying this is that you might want to tell your friend that she should  tell her doctor that she might have been exposed to fifth's disease so that they can run a test...yes you my b immune but for your friends sake and the baby she is carrying you should tell her and let her make that decision if she want to tell the doctor and have the test done you don't have to scare her tho you can tell her that there is a good chance that you are immune but just for both there sakes that she should tell her doctor hope this helps
you should tell her... most people are immune as it is very common but she should be tested.  I am a teacher and while I was pg there was an outbreak in my school i and another teacher got tested I was immune she wasn't it ended up tha she didn't get it but the test tells whether she is immune and also whether she recently got it