Maternal & Child Community
has anyone found out the gender of your baby at 16 weeks?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

has anyone found out the gender of your baby at 16 weeks pregnant?
and was it accurate?
Yeah a friend of mine just found out actually 2 weeks ago she was 14 weeks and found out its a girl! So I guess anything is possible
WOW, 14 wks is early. With todays' technology anything is possible!!!!!
was a a regular ultrsound or that new 3d one?
I didn't want to know anyway but at 14 weeks the ultrasound tech said she could tell me if I wanted to know! It was just a regular ultrasound machine in the doctors office, nothing fancy!
She wrote it in the chart, after I had the baby I asked and she was correct:). Are you going for a 16 week ultrasound? Let us know if you find out!!!!
BTW it was a girl!!!!!!!
hi everyone I had an ultrasound at 12weeks 5 days and the doctor said if he had to guess it would be a boy, however, I noticed three white dots on between the babies legs and everyone is now telling me it is a girl so I am so confused I go again Nov 2 I will be 16 1/2 weeks so they should be able to tell more accurately.  Has anyone ever had three white dots before on an ultrasound??
I HAD ONE BUT I GO BACK IN 3 WEEKS. I CANT WAIT. =)
My doctor told me that they can see what the sex is very early, but it is more accurate if they wait until after 18 weeks. This is because if the testicles haven't "dropped" yet, it could fool you into thinking it's a girl, when it fact it's a boy!
Technology is there, but only if the right parts are visible at the time! LOL

The reason I asked her this was because she told me I would find out around my 20th week. When I told her a friend of mine had already found out during her 16th or 17th week, she told me about the testicle thing. My friend is having a boy, so it's more obvious at that early stage if the parts have dropped.

Just passing on what I've been told...
my friend found out yesterday at 16 wk. Good luck!
I was told a girl at 14 weeks. They confirmed it again at 17 weeks. I had a girl.
i was 18 weeks..then it was confirmed again at 21 wks...it's a girl!  so i think 16 might be accurate enough....it depends on the tech though.
I was 13 wks pregnant and they told me it's a boy. They were right. Good luck
everyone is differennt-i had my big ultra sound october 3 and the lady told me she is 70% sure its a boy-so we are not sure yet-i was to be 100% sure
My sister found out at 14 weeks that she was having a girl, and they were right.
ok so i know that this is gonna sound crazy BUT there is a chart called " a chinese birth chart" ( you can google it in order to find it). you use the mothers age at conception and the month that you conceived and it will tell you weather you are having a boy or girl. it is said to be true, something about it is in a chinese science museum and was burried for 700 years. who really knows the truth but it worked with my son. and 7 of my friends kids. for what it is worth i havent seen it be wrong.........good luck!!!
i have a 3 months old girl and we found out she was a girl at 17 weeks and again at 21 weeks.
The genitals starts to develop around week 13.  If you have a 3-d ultrasound and if it's a boy, it's possible to tell.  Most technician won't tell you and start you to wait until week 18.
I found out at 17 weeks and they were right - GIRL
i was told at 16 weeks it was a boy and it was confirmed at 21 weeks and again at 22 weeks.. I hope so because if its a girl she will be wearing lots of blue!! :)
I was actually told at 14w 6d that I was having a boy. I am now 19 weeks and it's still a boy.
I had my 1st US w/ my 1st child at 12 weeks and the sex was very noticeable..! She (US technician)didn't even have to tell me.. It was definately a BOY! I just found out i'm having #3 and really am hoping for a GIRL cause i have 2 boys already!! I go in 4 days for the 1st OB check and i really hope i can already tell what it is.. Fingers crossed. :) otherwise i'll have to wait until 5 months.. urghhh. I guesstimated that i was only 10-11 weeks.. so hmm.. we'll see.
i was told at 12wks and then again at 14wks...i go again at 17 wks but i wont announce till then!
I HOPE to find out in 2 days what I'm having!  I'll be 14 wks and 6 days.  I saw someone mention earlier to drink caffeine before going, so I'm going to get a Coke.  My husband told me not to drink a Mt. Dew!
Whats the thing with MT. Dew's. Are they particular worst to drink than other soda's?
They just have more caffeine than regular sodas.  I don't think you are supposed to have that much caffeine while pregnant.
i found out the sex of my baby today. i am 13 wk 6 days for my first ultrasound. its a boy looking at the pics. what do you think? dr. said its prety 99% sure. my dad makes me think different sometimes also because i wanted a girl really bad...but he said the clitoris kind of look protruding this "early" too, but i think this is definitely a boy??? answers? heres the pic i have, but i pretty set that it is a boy by the pic, LOL!!
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m192/gway05destiny/14weeks4.jpg
that is for sure a boy!!!! you can clearly see the penis and the "boy bits".... congrats!!! im kinda going though the same thing right now. i had an u/s at 14 weeks and 2 days and was told boy but cord was between the legs and 90% of people think girl because theres no real boy parts to see and there are 3 lines but i'll find out for sure in another 3-5 weeks.
I haven't had a baby since1995, 1997,  1999 and I found out right around that time with all three.  But I was very lucky!
ummm she started this thread over a year ago, im guessing she knows the sex by now.
Its definitly a boy! those legs are wide open! I have never seen a clitoris on an us stick out like that. I knew at 20 weeks i was having a girl and all i saw were lines and dots. Congrats tho!
I found out at 17 weeks that my baby was definatly a boy, no questions asked. When he was born, he was a boy:)
I am 14 weeks. I am going to try to find out the gender at 16 weeks. According to the Chinese Birth Chart, I am having a boy. I really hope that it is wrong. Oh well, as long as the baby is healthy and happy it doesn't matter.
i found out at 14 weeks but i was still a little nervous about it cause when i look at the pictures i couldnt make it out so i had people who have read them and they all agree with the doctor its a girl
hi to all. im new to this site. lol. im 15wks an im going to have a scan at 16wks to hopefully find out the sex of the baby and i just wanted to no how acurate is it an do most people find that the scan was right? really hoping for a little girl as i have 2 boys already.
i found out at 15 weeks with my youngest.  she is 6 now and i would bet ultrasound is even better.  yes, it's possible.  and mine was right.
hi. i am new to this site. i am 16 weeks. went to u/s last week, the technician told me she can't see three dots/lines or a penis. so i went again today, she said she was very positive it's a boy. i could agree with her, but the only worry i have is that she might have seen a cord between legs and taken it as a penis??? here is the picture - please let me know what you guys think. thanks a ton!!1
http://s704.photobucket.com/albums/ww49/linadcl/baby/?action=view&current=pic4.jpg
I think it is definately a boy! I've had two and saw similar stuff on my u/s. With my old obgyn she wouldn't do an u/s until 20 wks my new obgyn has an u/s in office and she does them every visit. At 13 wks she said she didn't see anything "pop up" but it was too early. She said at my next u/s a day before 18 wks we should probably be able to tell. I'll let you guys know!
i found out before I was pregnant at FortuneBaby.com
hi, im just wondering if anyone can explain in more details about the line and dot thing on an u/s. i am wanting a boy as i have 2 girls and people keep saying to look for 3 lines (a girl) or 3 dots for a boy ????, i cant seem to see anything.
i found out my last was a boy at 14 weeks and 2 days.
Yes. I found out the sex of my son at 15 and a half weeks by ultrasound. It was accurate. He was definately born a boy. My friend went to the same doctor and found out the sex of her baby (both of them) at 16 weeks also and they were both accurate as well. I am not sure if the ultrasound equipment makes a difference. My doctor has the nice 3D and 4D ultrasounds. I am 9 weeks pregnant now and am excited to find out in another 7 weeks!  
I went to my doctor at 12 to 13 weeks and he told me that he could tell me the sex of the baby.  He told me he first thought it was a boy but then when he got a closer look, he then send he was 80% sure it was a girl.  I went back for my 16 week appointment and he told me it was a boy!!  And you can definitely see the pee pee clear through the ultrasound. Hope this helps!! We are so happy to be having our first boy!
Not to be rude but that chinese calendar is full of s###!! It told me I was having a girl but no way the ultrasound tech saw a "male part" today, as I am 16 weeks and 1 day along. But thank you for your contribution anyhow.
Im 16 weeks and tomorrow i have a check up i hope i find out my babys gender :)
iam 15 weeks and 7 day pregnant getting fat,lol
My husbaband wants a boy but i have the feeling i might have a girl,now i cnt wait to for my 20 scan so can i still go early to find out wat im having????????
Hi everyone! I'm pregnant with my third kid and I just turned 14 weeks on Monday. Last week I had an ultrasound and I asked the nurse if there was anyway she could tell me what she thought the baby was she told me its a little early but she'll tell me what she thinks it is so she did. She said looks like boy parts to her and I looked and it did but I could of sworn it was a girl. This pregnancy feel just like I did when I was pregnant with my daughter not my son. My dr said the nurse wouldn't say it If she didn't really think it was a boy but she'll make sure for me at 18 weeks which would be in 4 more weeks. Both my other kids I found out at 18 wks n they were right Could the nurse be wrong cause its early?
Im 15 wks 5 days and I just went online and did the chinese birth chart and it said it was a girl and then I did fortune.com which was a chinese gender chart basically the same thing and it said it was a boy....so i dont believe in it. but im hoping to find what im having in 5 days. I have three boys already so im dying for a little girl. I will be crossing my fingers.
Yes I found the gender of my baby through a private scan in 16 week and it was very accurate and later it was confirmed by the nhs scan during my 21st week. The gender is pretty obvious during 16 week.
Hello there...the gender at 16 weeks is pretty obvious as i had mine done during 16 week and was accurate during my 21 week scan with nhs....and boy bits are very obvious in 16 week u/s