Maternal & Child Community
herniated bowel

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

herniated bowel

im 11 weeks pregnant with my third baby and ive just been told it may have a herniated bowel the doctors are not 100% sure of this with me only being 11weeks gone and because i am so slim on my scan it should baby had a small lump on its stomach so what are the chances of it being a hernia and if it is what treat can be given for it
Tags: bowel
I can't find anything on the internet about this...have they scheduled a repeat scan for you?  I believe that repairing a herniated bowel is a fairly simple procedure...but i'm not sure how it would affect a fetus.  
yes ive got another scan in three weeks then ill be 14 week pregnant
when i had my scan they also told me i had a cyst on my left ovary which is about the size of an orange they told me that the want to remove it when im 16weeks pregnant is this safe n what r the risks of it harming the baby
it is the baby that may have a herniated bowel
i would really like some info about these if anyone has any simolar problems plz get in touch