Maternal & Child Community
horrible stomach pains at 27 weeks
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

horrible stomach pains at 27 weeks

Hi everyone, hope you all had a good thanksgiving.  The scariest thing happened to me last night.  I was laying in bed about to go to sleep and out of nowhere I started having the most horrible stomach pains I've ever experienced (besides labor) it didn't feel like indigestion pains, and I was scared I could be going into early labor, but the pain was constant, not coming and going like contractions.  It lasted about 15 minutes, so painful I couldn't move or do anything but sit there and try to breathe, until it gradually went away.  Today I feel fine.  I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced pains like this while pregnant?  I was thinking maybe it was just horrible gas and having a baby in there pushing on my stomach made it way worse.  I don't know whether I should be worried or not.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps happening to you. Most likely indegestion. Worth mentioning at your next appointment though.
Blank
162279_tn?1270604959
Sounds like indigestion or gas. I have been amazed at how painful gas can be!!! My DD gets it and she cries pretty hard!
And after eating Thanksgiving dinner, I would bet it was just gas bubbles moving around in there. They really can be more painful than you would think.
And the fact that they went away is even more a clue that it's gas---if it was something serious I would imagine that it wouldn't subside. But gas---it moves around, and then dissipates, and then, like you said, you feel better.
Blank
yeah, that's what I was thinking, that if it's something serious than it would be more constant.  It doesn't seem like a big deal right now, but I was so terrified when it was happening!
Blank
162279_tn?1270604959
However...I think I would at least let my Doctor know. It's always better to err on the side of caution.
Blank
gas or possibly a stomach bug, is anyone in your house sick?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...