horrible stomach pains at 27 weeks
Hi everyone, hope you all had a good thanksgiving.  The scariest thing happened to me last night.  I was laying in bed about to go to sleep and out of nowhere I started having the most horrible stomach pains I've ever experienced (besides labor) it didn't feel like indigestion pains, and I was scared I could be going into early labor, but the pain was constant, not coming and going like contractions.  It lasted about 15 minutes, so painful I couldn't move or do anything but sit there and try to breathe, until it gradually went away.  Today I feel fine.  I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced pains like this while pregnant?  I was thinking maybe it was just horrible gas and having a baby in there pushing on my stomach made it way worse.  I don't know whether I should be worried or not.
I wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps happening to you. Most likely indegestion. Worth mentioning at your next appointment though.
Sounds like indigestion or gas. I have been amazed at how painful gas can be!!! My DD gets it and she cries pretty hard!
And after eating Thanksgiving dinner, I would bet it was just gas bubbles moving around in there. They really can be more painful than you would think.
And the fact that they went away is even more a clue that it's gas---if it was something serious I would imagine that it wouldn't subside. But gas---it moves around, and then dissipates, and then, like you said, you feel better.
yeah, that's what I was thinking, that if it's something serious than it would be more constant.  It doesn't seem like a big deal right now, but I was so terrified when it was happening!
However...I think I would at least let my Doctor know. It's always better to err on the side of caution.
gas or possibly a stomach bug, is anyone in your house sick?