Maternal & Child Community
how to have sex for better chance to fall preg.?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

this might sound silly but i wanted to know if theres any chance that sex position might effect getting preg.? me and my dh love to do it doogie style (sorry) has anyone got preg. using this position? my friends keep telling me that it wont work could it be true?
Tags: maternal, Baby
couldn't really tell you. We just go by the moment and the flow and I mean I can't remember what specific position we used the day I might have ovulated because we have a very active sex life and well we were BDing al the time let's just say so...I don't know. There's a myth that people use that they only make a girl while they are looking at their partner's face but once they get flipped over it's a boy lol..I think it's kind of funny but I highly doubt positions can determine the sex or if you got pregnant or not:) Best of luck to you. ***BABY DUST***
Actually - that is the BEST way to get pregnant.  That is how I did and many others on here.  Enjoy it now because once you are pregnant - that way is not so much fun :)  Good Luck!
doggie style is a good position to get pregnant.

you may try to use pillows for elevation.  just lie flat then elevate by using pillows, then let your dh hump you like crazy.

The last 2 times I got preggers (ended in m/c) DH and I did it "doggie-style"; that is also how we did it when i got preggers with DS (now 6). I have heard that is the best way and plan on using that method when we ttc again.

GL to you and sticky baby dust!
I say doggie style in the living room on the couch on a monday night about 10:30 pm, 10 days after your LMP started.  lol... Worked for us.

Once he does finish, turn over and raise your hips up for about half and hour and watch tv. Standing up will drain any extra possibilities....

I know everyone says 14 days after ovulation, but for me, I ovulate on day 10 or 11 on a 29 day cycle.

A bottle of wine for you and a cup of espresso for your man on a Saturday night with a full moon works too.... lol.

Best baby wishes..
every child on my dh side of the family was concived doggie style so i would say that it works. good luck
thank you all guys!! that helped me a lot!! i really do think doggie style is the best way! hehe
doggy style is not the best way...  i have the best ever way....let me know if u dont understand my lovely description..

lay on the floor with ure legs up in the air...  get ure body up onto its shoulders.. he needs to support u a bit..
he needs to stand in between ure legs and let it happen from there... its a very deep penetration and it worked for me..
i had alot of problems getting pregnant and i did this for 1 month every night.. now im 21 weeks pregnant
I don't know about which position is the best, but...Orgasm after he does.  The contractions assist in getting the sperm where they need to go.