Maternal & Child Community
im 29 weeks pregnant and have green stool?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Umm.. i've never done this before.  anyway 3-4 weeks ago i noticed my stool was green.  and its a daily thing.  becuase i had a dr. appointment last week i figured i'd wait to mention anything when i saw him rather then call him earlier... but then when i saw him i chickened out on asking.  becuase i feel fine and dandy and feel the baby move, and he tests the heartbeat of the baby and listens to it and its good and dandy (from that).  but now i've been thinking maybe it's not normal. i dont know.  but now he's on holidays for 3 weeks and wont be back until aug 15th i believe.  i was just wondering if anyone else has had this and if its normal.
thank you for your time.
Just wondering if you are taking any new medications? Sometimes meds can affect the color of your stool.
I have been having it also. I wonder if maybe it is because of our digestive system slowing down and such.
Mandi
It can be your prenatal vitamin along with what you eat.

I would bring it up to your dr!
Is it diarrhea?  Or just a greenish hue to your stool?  Iron can make your stools black or blackish-green.

But if it is green diarrhea, I'd call and let your doc know.

Hope it goes away, whatever it is.
To BD or not to BD....that is my question...my heart is saying YES and my mind is saying No, just wait for a MONTH and my body is saying well...why not?? If I wait just one month I will be graduated by the time "new baby" comes...but I want another one and DS took 2 1/2 yrs. to conceive so since it probly won't happen this month...well, why not?? I used the fertility monitor this month to get a "feel" for my cycle but I've done screwed that up so, I will have to wait til next month for that. Glad your doc. appt. went well.
Angie
Angie  My opinion is can't hurt to try right, When we were ttc I at least felt that I had some control over the situation.  That always made me feel better.  

BTW i think that as long as you get two lines on cbfm it is enough urine.  

If anyone is interested I have a Clearblue fertility moniter that I will gladly give away.  I haven't used it in years.  Even if this PG isn't a keeper I am not tracking like that. Let me know

Enjoy your night  everyone Lynn
Rainey 7 ithink that the green stool is from what you eat.  Inotice it after spinach.  Gross right.

Emma 1 I am glad to hear that your DH is doing great.  That is as good as hearing about a BFP!!!

Shannah  I just read your post about religious beleifs. I don not follow an organized religion (boy is my mom pissed) but I soooo believe that there is a higher power.  I believe in angels because (I'll try to make it short)  My cousin Pam died of breast cancer at age 29.  When my DS ws a bay it was snowing and raining and DH was hours late, I was holding baby looking out my bedroom window and saw Pam in the driveway.  I knew something was wrong  I said Louie had an accident  she shook her head yes. Is he dead she shook her head no.  Will he be OK? she shook her head yes.  That is when the tow truck pulled into my driveway and driver told nme about a car accident.  

The 2nd reason is kids where playing on my front lawn it started to drizzle and they wanted popcorn and hot chocalate,  normally I would have went inside to make it but, iknew that we didn't have popcorn I sent boys next door to get popcorn  I went in the houde and all of asudden a car crashed into the side of my neighbors house.  3rd base where my son had been standing was in my neighbors bedroom, If I would have went inside kids would have died.  ALso my neighbor was watching her Granddaughter, she decided to take a shower so went in the shower got out quickly, woke the sleeping baby and tookher into the shower.  FaithAnns crib was shattered. (up against bedroom wall)  I definately know that there angels watching over us all.

Chaisemom Sorry to scare you wiht my clottingpost. Thanks for the prayers.  Good luck BDing you are Bding right

Missy  Alittle girl COngrats

Starry EYES any news remember equate brand  walmart, cvs

Shubunkin   good news Happy bding

Riley  a line is a line is a line

Did I miss news on KCK???

Just a note saw HB today it was 128, crl 10.3  I measure 7w1d I am 7w3d.  Dr. thinks all is good, after my scare last night I thought all was lost.  

Peace Lynn
does it smell funny?  i know that is a weird question but your body can only absorb so much iron at a time and the baby only needs so much...if you have extra it will show up in your stool. makes it turn green and have a metal smell to the stool.

i would bring it up to the doc.
~nanci
Did anyone ever pass clots when pregnant??

I just went to the bathroom and passed another huge clot.  I had an ultrasound today and everything was fine, dr. saw no tears bleeds or clots. I passed the same size clot last night.  yet this AM we saw everything was fine. I am now truely afraid.  I have no pain.  But I knew the clot was there Sorry to be graphic bu tyou know when you have your period and you can feel the clot thats what I felt.  Now I have no pressure or anything.  I don't know if I chould call DH at work or what, should I call Dr.  Do you think that this is the beginning of yet another miscarriage.  With previous miscarriages i always felt back ache and cramping and miserable.  Now I have none of those symptoms.  any advice would be great thatks Lynn
I would call DH and tell him what's going on, I would also call your DR and tell him that you passed another clot. He may want to see you again just to make sure, If you still aren't feeling reasured go into the ER and ask tell them what happened and see if they will give you another US.
In the meantime I would stay off your feet. I found that bleeding was much less while pg. if I sat in one place and only got up if absolutely necessary.
I called Dr. Nspoke to nurse she soesn't think that it is anything as long as there are no cramps I should go into office tomorrow for follow up u/s.   And the wait continues. I never had bleedign turn out positive for me.  I almost feel like I jinxed this PG by actually thinking that it might work.  I'll tyr to check back later. I just have to remember that God is in charge

Have any of you had clots and a good result???  

Blessings LYnn
thanks to you all for your comments (and on a weird question at that).. I never thought it could be vitamins! like i thought of what i was eating, but there's been nothing "different" in that.. meat, veggies, breads, dairy.. the same.. BUT 3-4 weeks ago i also changed vitamin brands.  When i first got pregnant i used a cheaper brand, and just recently ran out again but this time bought "Materna".  Maybe its got more to it.  But yes i will bring it up to my dr. when i see him again.. and actually now have an appointment with a diff doc next week until mine is back from holidays.  thanks so much *~ kim
Please keep us updated!

And about that fertility monitor please email me. ***@****
Yes!!! I was about as far along as you are and I bled on and off for about 2 weeks. My doc told me to stay in bed til the bleeding had stopped for 3 days. I stayed in bed and after 3 days of no bleeding I would go to work and it would start again. That lasted for about 2 wks. It even took me to the ER one night b/c I was bleeding and scared. This male nurse there was telling me about his wife and how she had had a m/c and that I probably would and blah blah blah. And that they had a healthy daughter after all of that. I think he was trying to make me feel better but he just made me feel worse.When they tested my hcg levels they said they were up where they were supposed to be. I went to my doc the next day and they did an u/s and everything was fine. It's a tough road, they couldn't tell me where the blood was coming from, they said it could be a numerous of diff. things. My son is now a healthy and happy 3 1/2 yr. old full of energy and life. Don't give up - and (like it's going to happen) don't stress too much!!
Angie
hi all Thanks for your concern.  I have been bleeding all night.  I am going to take a shower call my Dr. and I guess go in for a u/s.  I have a lot of m/c's I know the signs.  The only thing is I have no back ache or cramping just lots of red blood.  Mu DH had to go to his shop today because there is noone to open, I am not going to wait for him to get home. Hopefully Dr. will see me early this AM.  I'll let you all know what happens.  Thanks for all your concern Lynn
I get that too it is a dark green I am almost positive mine is from the pre natal  vitamins. I had several sample packets and when I would take a certain one it would be green stools.
Please give us an update as soon as you can. I will be praying for you and the baby.
Well thanks for the prayers unfortunately God had other plans. Our babys heart must have stopped beating during the night.  There was no hb.  I am scheduled for a DNC tommorrow at 11am.  I am going to be off this site for a few days, just to get my thought s together and to be with DH DS AND DN. Thanks to all of youfor your thoughts and prayers.  I am not sure Louie and i are going to try again I am almost 40 and this makes miss #8.  They are going to do genetic testing on the baby to find out why.  I'll be back in touch in a few days.  BLessings to you all Lynn
I am so, so sorry. I hope you will find some well needed answers. Sometimes when you least expect it you are given what you need. I will keep you in my prayers as you heal.
Just wanted to say i am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
My heart is breaking for you...you are in my thoughts and prayers
Reading your story just brought me to tears.  I know that you will find strength to get through this.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Awww hunny, I'm so sorry. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better, But I know there isn't. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
I turned 29 whks on friday and i started to experience the green also  i have not eaten any green foods only a kewi will call my dr tomorrow