Maternal & Child Community
im on subutex baby due in 5 weeks...scared new news from doctors

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

hello, i am not new to this at all, okay i had my daughter she is gonna be 2 in sept, anyways i was on methadone throughout my pregnancy with her, she came home in 10 days she was showing slight withdrawls nothing life threatening, I could have administered the medication at home i chose to let the doctors do it..anyways i am due in 5 weeks im having a baby boy his name is eli, and i have been on subutex since i found out i was pregnant, the doctors told me everything would be fine that it was actually safer than methadone well, doctors got me in this situation they put me on pain killers 3 years ago because of health issues well, i could not function on them any longer so i went to seek help and was put on methadone...i am not no drug addict and dont want any unuseful comments after i finish my story do not waist my time if ur gonna put me down for being on this medication! thanks and any ways i went to my check up yesterday and i was given a list of doctor names i have to find the doctor i want they are planning on keeping my baby eli, for up to a month after delivery let me tell you he is healthy i have had lots of tests and its so unreal! i have never heard of a doctor telling a person that their baby is gonna have to stay at a hospital when all is fine! there is not much study on this medication and i was told in the beginning that it was safe and all that great stuff , that it was safer than methadone well, someone lied to me! my daughter is beautiful very healthy , extremely smart and she was weined from methadone, now its really too late to go to methadone although they offered! another suprise.I am scared to death if there are any women out there that has been on this medication and had their child i would love to hear how, the baby did and when you took him/her home and the withdrawl (withdrawal) if any accured? I am at a loss, its one of the worse feelings in the world having a child and having to leave her behind after all the anticipation of her arrival ..im so scared and concerned and just want well am in need to hear a story or 2 i dont know what to do!!!!!???/ if their is anyone out there that haS BEEN THROUGH IT PLEASE RESPOND AND AGAIN IF U HAVE NOT BEEN THROUGH THIS DO NOT WAIST MY TIME!
Tags: subutex
No intention to waste your time, have not been through this.  But in your shoes, I would check this with another doctor, and then maybe talk to a lawyer also.

If the other doctor says it is totally a medical necessity to confirm the health of the baby, that is one thing, that would be hard to fight.  But if it seems like it is just a legal issue (hospital trying to protect itself from liability) you might be able to get somewhere with an attorney working on it.