Maternal & Child Community
kids

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

kids

Okay girls  some of you have older children my oldest is 10 please tell me this is a phase she is going through!!
Lately it seems every other thing that comes out of her mouth is a little white lie!! I would like to nip this in the but asap
I have explained to her that if she always lies no one will believe her  and she does know the story of peter and the wolf

and wonderful suggestions  thanks!!
Tags: Kids, maternal
Bad news for you guyz, my daughter is 16 and has only just grown out of that phase from 11 years old, but now she has done a u-turn and turned back into the most loving, affectionate and calmed child ever, (that or this could be the basis of a new movie called Stepford children!).  Son on the other hand is ten now, and to be honest is way better than daughter was at that age, helpful, affectionate and loving, though both of them are lazy in the helping with chores dept. and "I'll do it in a minute" seems to be the phrase of the month this month.  Good luck, by they way, my daughter's periods have only just sorted themselves out that's probably why it took soooo long for her to sort her mood swings and stuff out.  (Had to laugh at the SSSSHHH  IIITTT thing though, should'nt really, but made me giggle! won't tell my little'un that one!! might start a trend!!) Could be their little hormones raging at this age, its hard but hand in there!! and "you don't understand" or "its not fair" become phrases you'll hear a lot.
I couldn't hold back the smile and laughing when I heard what my son had done. We were talking about it last night and everyone was laughing about and Austin started crying.  My nephew which is 16 says that it was the best thing he had heard in a long time and he thought he might have to use that one. He said if he need anymore pointer he would give Austin a call.
Also to add to this she is doing alot of crying over nothing? Could this be pre pre menstrual hormone stuff? She will be 11 In November

My oldest son just turned 10 yesterday, and sorry to say he is the same way. He lies mostly about his home work. And I catch him every time. And he cries over the littlest thing right now too. He is grounded right now for acting up in school with a sub-teacher. He decided last week to act up in Art class with the sub and to carry it on into his regular class. In art every time the teacher would say "shhhh" he would end it with "it". So he is now grounded for another two weeks after just getting ungrounded for three weeks. I heard that it does get better.
man- if you figure that one out I'm going to have to send you a truckload of money. My 10 year old daughter is exactly the same way. You could catch her with a cookie in her hand and she would tell you she doesn't have one... and she's ultra emotional too. Drives me absolutely NUTS!! :o) I'm hoping its a phase because I haven't been sucessful in getting her to stop it. I think 10 year old girls are just drama with a capital D. :o)
My son will be 11 in November as well and is the same way as of late.......
Hell, he had a piece of candy in his mouth the other day and I caught him with it (he was headed to the shower) and he said..."I wasn't going to eat it"........IT WAS IN HIS MOUTH!!!!!! Doctor has him on a diet but it isn't like we don't allow him candy every now and then.
He is due to get ungrounded today after an entire month...he is grounded for lying and what gets me is both things he lied about wouldn't even have gotten him a slap on the hand.
He moved the girlscout cookies around on the counter......no biggy, I just asked "who" did it. "Not me"......"Not me"......but it's only him, dh and myself in the house that can reach the counter........
The other was over a glass of milk......not even spilled milk. Dh left a glass of milk on the table.......when he came back later to get it, it was gone........no biggy again, just wanted to know where it went......."I didn't dump it out"......."I didn't dump it out"........
It wasn't about moving the cookies or about dumping out the glass of milk.......it was about the lying!!!!!!!!
Also, yes he cries but only when he gets into trouble.......he isn't sorry for what he has done, he is sorry that he got caught......hence the crying!!!!!!!
When ya'll figure it out.......LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!

Now he comes home from school and does NOTHING until his homework, exercises (dr. prescribed) and chores are completely finished!!!!!!! And if EVERYTHING isn't done by dinner time he is in trouble......(btw, we have no set dinner time so if I see that he has lots of homework or something I will hold off on dinner as long as I can so dh doesn't yell at him for not finishing on time......)
well for those of you with the crying at the drop of a hat girls....i'd be on af alert if i were you! :)  boys go through a similar thing but (obviously) they don't start a period....they are starting into puberty!!!  

i'm so glad i have a while before that starts...but i do remember my neice going through that and my nephews too!
~nanci
Just a reminder to those of you who have girls 7,8, & 9....periods don't always wait until the double digit ages...I was 9, my mom was 8....keep your eyes open.
AHHHHHHHHHHHH
cant imagine her at 10 with her period
I have been trying to explain what its all about
but they are so young