lack of urination
Peeing A LOT has been a normal big thing with my pregnancy. I usually pee like 10times a day or more. Especially since I've gotten farther along. Now for the past couple days I haven't peed nearly as much. Maybe 3 or4 times a day at MAX. I feel I am still drinking as much as I always have. I was reading through some of my prenatal books and they all say if you have a lack of urination you need to call your doctor. I thought the farther along you got the more you peed. So my question is this..... Have any of you ladies had this happen to you? If so was something wrong like a infection or something?? If something was wrong what did they do?? If this a sign of something common that I am missing?? Thanks ahead of time.
Have you been out in the sun or anything to make you get a little dehydrated? If not, then just try to continue to drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated. It is probably not a big deal. I remember when I was preggo with dd and some days I had to pee more than others. I think it has to do with the position of the baby, if she moved off your bladder, then the urge to pee is not there like it used to be! I think everything is going to be fine! :)
darkest, with all your issues i think i would call the doctor. sorry i know how you don't want to, but lack of urination can be a serious warning for a few conditions
Yep, chellybeans is right. It may be that the baby is in a spot making it hard for you to empty your bladder, which isn't that serious and can sometimes be manipulated, or in the worst case, you may need to be catheterized. However, it can also be a sign of preeclampsia, which can be incredibly serious. My friend almost died this last week when her doctor failed to identify preeclampsia, which turned into eclampsia, then HELLP, and most recently TTP. Her platelet count plumeted, and before her c-section, the surgeon told her she would likely bleed out on the table. She made it through, and the baby is fine, however, it escalated into HELLP and TTP, and now she's on dialysis every other day. Look up preeclampsia, eclampsia, HELLPT and TTP on the internet. Lack of urination can also signify a number of other things, but it could also be nothing. I would definitely play it safe and call your doctor, especially in light of what I learned this week. Very scary if left untreated, and not all that serious if caught early enough. Best of luck to you.